Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Name the redskins

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

I thought the swamp was supposed to be drained by now.

Work in progress. Still a dream but hopefully 4 more years will help out. 

How about the Washington Hope to be the Murder Capital Again One Day?

Well, it's officially coming....perhaps as early as tomorrow. If Dan Snyder really wanted to make an enduring statement, he would unveil the Washington Confederates.....although the appropriate name would be the Washington Thinskins.

https://news.yahoo.com/nf-ls-washington-franchise-officially-has-a-new-name-coming-014635532.html

Joe Theismann on one side of the helmet, Alex Smith on the other...

The Red Snappers.

Since Art Monk never made the HOF , and the Redskins fans have always felt like he should have, 

the Washington Monks. 

But I’ll just keep calling them the Redskins. 

Lol I just read some dude has already trademarked just about every possible new name WAS could pick. God bless this man. I hope he makes a fortune off this SJW movement.  

19 hours ago, Showboat said:

I don't know if it is caving and I think the decision has already been made.  I suspect it's merely an economic decision.  I think Snyder has simply concluded that at this point it would cost him more to not change the name.  No matter how they end up spinning it, I'm sure it's about the money.

Not sure where that's coming from.  The Redskins have had a revenue increase every year that is consistent with the league.  The decision is purely political.  The fact that the team sucks (41-70-1 in the last 7 seasons), is more indicative of any financial woes, than the name "Redskins".  I can assure you this, had their record been 70-41-1 in the last 7 seasons, they'd still be the "Redskins".

Redskins...

If they have to change their name, the Chiefs should change theirs as well...

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

I applaud the Baseball Atlanta Braves, their not caving in.  

Me too!!!

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Joe Theismann on one side of the helmet, Alex Smith on the other...

The Red Snappers.

🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not sure where that's coming from.  The Redskins have had a revenue increase every year that is consistent with the league.  The decision is purely political.  The fact that the team sucks (41-70-1 in the last 7 seasons), is more indicative of any financial woes, than the name "Redskins".  I can assure you this, had their record been 70-41-1 in the last 7 seasons, they'd still be the "Redskins".

Political decisions have economic consequences.  This is not about past revenue increases.  It's about risk to future revenue.  There have been rumblings about pressure from big sponsors and sales outlets (FedEx, Amazon, Nike, etc.)  I can assure you that Snyder would keep the "Redskins" name if it wasn't affecting his bottom line; he changed his mind because he now thinks it's in his economic interest to go ahead with the name change.  You are right that there may have been a different calculation had the team been winning on the field recently.  That's just one more benefit of making the change - the name change can now provide a fresh start for what has been a pretty mediocre on-field product in recent years.

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

Since Art Monk never made the HOF , and the Redskins fans have always felt like he should have, 

the Washington Monks. 

But I’ll just keep calling them the Redskins. 

He eventually did get in the Hall, but the Monks would be a good name.

Imagine having a whole section of the stadium wearing Buddhist robes and shaved heads

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

He eventually did get in the Hall, but the Monks would be a good name.

Imagine having a whole section of the stadium wearing Buddhist robes and shaved heads

Oh sorry about that, I don’t pay much attention to the HOF anymore. 

And  humming in between plays, and the rice lines would be long.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Oh sorry about that, I don’t pay much attention to the HOF anymore. 

And  humming in between plays, and the rice lines would be long.  

There would certainly be no fights breaking out in the stands

42 minutes ago, polecatt said:

There would certainly be no fights breaking out in the stands

Lol no, that rice is filling. 

Lots of people sleeping.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lots of people sleeping.  

Well, it is a team formerly known as the Redskins game

Redwolves would be cool, but really I'm fine with anything they choose.  Times have changed, like it or not.  The world moves on.

Seems like a lot of snowflake conservative white males who hate and fear change b!tching about progress in this thread.  Surprised some shade about the antifa protesters hasn't already shown up, but I'm sure that's all over geek squad.  Years back I sympathized with many of you about the changes that were made to rules over time that were adversely affecting the game.  Now I understand that some of you were right; true fans and good takes.  For those members, I doff my hat - you have made this site a better place.  Much of the rest of you were just not so closet racists and bigots, who were allowed to stick around based on participation and general tolerance by the owners of the site.

For the record, I am big on inclusion.   I've also found that for us to exist in a truly tolerant society, we need to absolutely stamp out intolerance whenever we see it.  So if anything I've said in this post offends you please know I meant it.  Your intolerance needs to be excised from society at large, because your time is over.  Get on the right side of history.

Also if this gets me banned please select Titans D/ST or the equivalent for my last pick in the July mock for me.   

• Like 1

Does  that mean we should just simply agree with what you believe in? Would that make one tolerant ? 

What I see is ones own opinion no longer should matter, and if it doesn’t fit into what others think, to bad. 

I think that’s more like a society of robots.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ralphster said:

I've also found that for us to exist in a truly tolerant society, we need to absolutely stamp out intolerance whenever we see it.

To each his/her own. I, too, am big on tolerance....except in areas and/or movements that I believe to be detrimental to a truly free society, as defined by our Constitution and purchased with blood and toil. Areas and/or movements that openly desire to restrict or annihilate otherwise legal thoughts and actions of citizens simply because those thoughts and actions are in opposition to "progress", as defined by those associated with the movement. Particularly, when the means used to generate that "progress" involves heavy-handed or flat-out unlawful actions to bring about the changes they desire. Of that, I am intolerant. 

Titans D/ST seems like a fine last-round acquisition. 

13 hours ago, ralphster said:

Seems like a lot of snowflake conservative white males who hate and fear change b!tching about progress in this thread

So, am I reading this right? Is the implication that if a lot of sunshine liberal minority females who hate and fear change b*tch about progress, you'd be ok with that?