Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

How did you guys discover this place?

I was going to ask this in the gratefulted thread but it feels a bit disrespectful hijacking that.  How did geeks get here?  I honestly have no idea how I found this place and when.  It seems like I discovered it right before it went dark because I vaguely remember trying to come here and it just stopped working but I used to drink like a fish. so I don't know if that's accurate.  I definitely don't remember the funny jihads and stuff that you guys are talking about so maybe I was never here until after all that happened. 

It was in 2004. I don't remember what I did yesterday. 

I play fantasy football.  I found it for that purpose.  Then in poking around I found the geek club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BiffTannen said:

It was in 2004. I don't remember what I did yesterday. 

This is pretty much me.  I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I'm actually old.  I bet I'll leave the house naked at least once a week.

99, first started playing FF. Needed some pointers on how to play, and FFT was one of the first (at the time, probably Excite) search results. 

someone posted a link to this place on grinder.

• Haha 1

Ah, I remember it like it was 20-something years ago... I joined my first FF league in 1999, when I was invited by a friend two days before their draft.  He pointed me to a one-page cheat sheet they had here (wish they still did that!).  It was a deep keeper league, and based on that sheet I traded Dorsey Levens for some Marshall Faulk guy who was shipped off to the Rams.  That worked out well.  :D   Anyway, trolled for a few years, finally joined in 2001, but stuck to the Main page.  Finally in the fall of 2004 I had seen my last "take it to the Geek Club" reprimand and, gawd help me, I clicked on that link.  I instantly got caught up in mindless political arguments with TorridJoe during the presidential election.  And the rest, as they say, is a ... blur?  :dunno:

I searched in 2000 on my Netscape Navigator for fantasy football tips and found fftoday.  I then found the forums and my first post was asking for a good margarita recipe. The people that responded seemed helpful and the rest is history.

I had just gotten finished banging this chick at her place.  I heard a sound from another room and asked her about it. She said it's her boyfriend on fftoday bitching about Trump to anyone who will listen. Then she said "I nicknamed him Newbie Jr, and he thinks it's a compliment. :lol:. Wanna go again?"

• Haha 4

I looked up and saw a shining city on a hill.  When I went to the light, I found FFToday.

I came for the Fantasy Draft rankings. I never told anyone else in my league about this site and continually made the playoffs. I swore it was because of my great inside draft information. I eventually dipped my toe in the geek club and once I clicked on my first Joneo link I knew I had found "home". 

started playing ff around 90 or so.  found this place and the huddle around 98/99.  frequented both.  then  a little later fbg.  

:lol:   i am remembering threads about our hero GF around 9/11 :lol: 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I play fantasy football.  I found it for that purpose.  Then in poking around I found the geek club. 

1 hour ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Fantasy Football then migrated over a little before 9/11. 

Same story only about a month after 

Pillow talk from your mom.

"You know my son likes this low rent lightly trafficked fantasy football message board"

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

I was going to ask this in the gratefulted thread but it feels a bit disrespectful hijacking that.  How did geeks get here?  I honestly have no idea how I found this place and when.  It seems like I discovered it right before it went dark because I vaguely remember trying to come here and it just stopped working but I used to drink like a fish. so I don't know if that's accurate.  I definitely don't remember the funny jihads and stuff that you guys are talking about so maybe I was never here until after all that happened. 

1998 or 1999 .  It was before the current board went up in Sept 99.  Looking for FF info.  I only went to the main bored for a couple of years. 

One thing here I will never forget is the 911 thread.  I was home that day and sat on it non stop.  

26 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Shotsup told me about this place. 

Glad that doosh left. 

Like most of you I found this place through FF. I'm not sure when that was. Originally I poasted under the Mike Damone handle in Mange Bored. Then I stumbled accross the GC and when my Yahoo account got the ban hammer because I poasted boobies in my avatar I asked the braintrust here how to get it back.  

Y'all correctly informed me that it was gone forever and I've been here ever since. I remember there was a lot more of the funny back then. 

I got invited to join a auction 3 keeper PPR a few years ago. I honestly did it as a favor. Got my ass destroyed the first year. I hate losing so started scouring for intel. Found this site. Since then made the playoffs 3 years straight. 11-2 team and finally won it. I would not have joined but the forum is appalling and officious and I wanted in. 

Someone mentioned it at the monthly Klan rally.

• Haha 1

Back in 1999 when I was younger and sexually confused I was receiving some awesome head at a bus station glory hole.  Right before I achieved climax I looked up and saw the following:

FOR A GOOD TIME GO TO: https://www.fftodayforums.com

started playing ff in 99, googled ff rankings in 01, lurked for 2 years and then joined in 03.  i think my first posts were about how Brady was going to be the GOAT responding to some morons who said he was a system QB.  been the smartest guy in the room ever since.  B)

eta..can't remember when I made it the Geek club, but probably had something to do with how crap W was.

When the Huddle imploded, I went to FBG first. It was a nightmare. I'd set up the Interboard Challenge that season and in year two, JetDoc wanted FFToday to participate as well so I came here to help orgainze the FFT team. Meanwhile, FBG was clearly a sh*t site so I stuck around.

• Like 1

Because FBG's seemed gay.  And Mike had better projections.

15 hours ago, fandandy said:

This is pretty much me.  I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I'm actually old.  I bet I'll leave the house naked at least once a week.

Got your address by chance? :wub:

FF search in 97 lead me here to the old format, once the new format was up and running was asked to Mod both the GC and Main board and just never left.

39 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

FF search in 97 lead me here to the old format, once the new format was up and running was asked to Mod both the GC and Main board and just never left.

Kong should never leave Skull Island. You are our Kong. King of the Silverbacks.

19 hours ago, Strike said:

That's what happened to me. A neighbor told me I owed a guy $150, because he signed me up for a fantasy football league. I paid, and started trying to figure out how to draft a team and . I noticed the Geek Club, and have been a degenerate fock wad ever since. 

13 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

That's what happened to me. A neighbor told me I owed a guy $150, because he signed me up for a fantasy football league. I paid, and started trying to figure out how to draft a team and . I noticed the Geek Club, and have been a degenerate fock wad ever since. 

Don't sell yourself short.  You were a degenerate fock wad way before the Geek Club ;)

• Like 1