Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Wifes teachers union had a meeting...

If they are exposed and have to Qteen...only get 2/3 of pay.  No word on how many times you can get Qteened.  If you catch it...you get 2 weeks with full pay...have to use sick time if still ill.   Alot of unanswered questions about revolving doors...kids going online...then wanna attend and see their friends...then go back online...

Kids dont have to wear masks...

Questions about family members get sick and you have to Qteen.

This was just one ohio school.  There was a bunch more ...whose paying for ppe...hand sanitizer...whose planning for kids who go online?  What if 2 or more kids have it in a classroom?  Does it qteen??  

I have zero faith that the teachers union will be putting the kids first. Why start now? And they will care even less about the parents. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have zero faith that the teachers union will be putting the kids first. Why start now? And they will care even less about the parents. 

:thumbsup:

As a child, I accepted teachers were feeble minded and stupid. Mainly because they told me I was feeble minded and stupid and should pursue a trade. I was not smart enough for college. I ended up graduating from college. Debt fvcking free. I took courses in advanced math, physics and biology. Graduated and earned another diploma from the Army Corp of Engineers.

I have zero respect for teachers obviously. Fvck them. I would have been better off home schooled or reading books. They did absolutely nothing for me but berate me and make me feel like I lacked any mental capacity to succeed in life.

To shore things up they are the losers. Always complaining about pay, always demanding more funding. Amazing because I earn way more than these losers. More than they ever dreamed of earning yet I was the loser. Eat A is all I can say. I have no empathy for them.

8 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

As a child, I accepted teachers were feeble minded and stupid. Mainly because they told me I was feeble minded and stupid and should pursue a trade. I was not smart enough for college. I ended up graduating from college. Debt fvcking free. I took courses in advanced math, physics and biology. Graduated and earned another diploma from the Army Corp of Engineers.

I have zero respect for teachers obviously. Fvck them. I would have been better off home schooled or reading books. They did absolutely nothing for me but berate me and make me feel like I lacked any mental capacity to succeed in life.

To shore things up they are the losers. Always complaining about pay, always demanding more funding. Amazing because I earn way more than these losers. More than they ever dreamed of earning yet I was the loser. Eat A is all I can say. I have no empathy for them.

Is it possible that not every teacher sucks just because you had some bad ones?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

When I see the screechers out protesting I have no choice but to conclude that they sure ain’t helping. If I had my way I’d rather my kids only be taught math, science and English and art and electives. I wish they could opt out of social science and any of the other classes that are supposedly teaching history. I’d rather home school them in that stuff and let me be responsible for just that class like people who homeschool are. Let them take an extra useless gym class or go to the library instead while at school. . If they don’t pass the final that’s on me, just like home schooling. That would have to start in middle school I guess. Maybe I’ll just tell them to cut that class. Fock em. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Of course. Will you entertain that teachers should not tell children what they are not capable of achieving before they are adults.

This. Maybe it's my white privilege talking, but I'd say 90% of the teachers I had growing up were top notch.  Same goes with the teachers that our kids had.  Granted the school district was the #1 priority when my wife and I bought our house so maybe we got what we paid for. 

• Like 1

Is it possible that not every cop sucks because George Floyd got a bad one? 

30 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Of course. Will you entertain that teachers should not tell children what they are not capable of achieving before they are adults.

Never said otherwise.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Never said otherwise.

Have you experienced otherwise. It's not a pleasant experience. I'm not fond of teachers. Guilty as charged. I also don't pigeon hole children into skillsets and crush their dreams either but I get it. Not all teachers are equal.

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Yeah man that's pretty shitty. Positive reinforcement overall is a much better tool than what you went through. You're lucky it didn't stop you like it would a lot if kids. What's the harm in encouraging kids? There's none. But there is a lot of harm in telling them what they can't do. 

It's still not fair to generalize. I had plenty of teachers who cared about teaching. We need so many that there will always be ones who aren't good at their job or just don't care about kids. 

It is definitely ironic to see an ex cop jumping in to generalize teachers. I'm not sure why we expect other professions to be made up of perfect hard working awesome people, when damn near every profession has its share of shitty people. 

• Like 3

My heart goes out to all government and municipal employees who have had to endure this 4 month paid vacation.

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's still not fair to generalize. I had plenty of teachers who cared about teaching. We need so many that there will always be ones who aren't good at their job or just don't care about kids. 

It is definitely ironic to see an ex cop jumping in to generalize teachers. I'm not sure why we expect other professions to be made up of perfect hard working awesome people, when damn near every profession has its share of shitty people. 

I was talking about their union.  

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was talking about their union.  

Yeah...I agree...the union sends money to dems.  Pisses me off.  Alot of teachers I know hate it as well.

Watching Michigan's governor talk yesterday I have a hard time seeing us going back in person. She said specifically that if cases keep going up that we will have to move back into phase 3 which means distance learning. We have already spiked here and with the holiday just getting over that saw nice weather in most of the state we're gonna see an explosion by August first. 

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

LOL, the irony in this statement is very amusing.  I mean, because of a few bad police officers, the entire country needs to be re-wired, new federal laws need to be created, etc...

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, the irony in this statement is very amusing.  I mean, because of a few bad police officers, the entire country needs to be re-wired, new federal laws need to be created, etc...

Did I say that?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Did I say that?

Well, it was simply an in-general point, but I think it does have merit as a rebuttal.  I mean, you apparently seem perfectly fine with the movement that this country is taking towards the police.

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I love this quote... total ignorance.

What a contradiction to be bullied: 'Do this, or I'm going to pull funding.' What a contradiction to say our kids lives matter … Why would you push to open schools?"

Well lady, what it tells the kids is that Trump is putting the children's future first.  They need to go to school.  I've seen and hear from many different people and many different school districts about how teachers just "ho-hummed" these last few months.  There is a 0% chance that the kids actually learned anything since March.

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well lady, what it tells the kids is that Trump is putting the children's future first.  They need to go to school.  I've seen and hear from many different people and many different school districts about how teachers just "ho-hummed" these last few months.  There is a 0% chance that the kids actually learned anything since March.

Nothing will change until our leaders stand up to the science deniers. COVID isn't some deadly pandemic, it's the focking flu. Every REAL study shows this.

We have a treatment that works. WTF are we waiting for? Let's GO!

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, it was simply an in-general point, but I think it does have merit as a rebuttal.  I mean, you apparently seem perfectly fine with the movement that this country is taking towards the police.

So no, I did not :thumbsup:

Speaking of science deniers, explain this to me: We are currently in the midst of a pandemic that came to us from other countries. Yet the left promises to not enforce illegal entry at our border. We are expected to wear masks, practice social distancing, get our temperature taken before entering locations, close our schools so they can be cleaned, keep our schools closed and every other aspect of fighting the spread. But we will just let people come into the country unabated, and receive health care when they get here.  Yeah, that’s scientific.  

59 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Lol...you crack me up..with your hearsay.  First off...no one was ready to go online...teachers or students...unless it was already an online school.  Im sure a few Ho Hummed as you say.  But I know actual teachers...many of them busted their butts and the kids did nothing...maybe 30 percent worked.  Administration told them...no one fails.  Once the students found out...it was game over.  Teachers at multiple districts were told to average the grades from the first 3 terms and that was their final grade.  I still dont understand the hate of teachers...kids today are zombies compared to 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Lol...you crack me up..with your hearsay.  First off...no one was ready to go online...teachers or students...unless it was already an online school.  Im sure a few Ho Hummed as you say.  But I know actual teachers...many of them busted their butts and the kids did nothing...maybe 30 percent worked.  Administration told them...no one fails.  Once the students found out...it was game over.  Teachers at multiple districts were told to average the grades from the first 3 terms and that was their final grade.  I still dont understand the hate of teachers...kids today are zombies compared to 20 years ago.

My kids teachers did not bust their ass. Not even close. But hey, most teachers did. Didn’t do us any good. 

• Like 1

Just a little bit of background info here...can size of wife?  🤔

Im  not sure this is an apples to apples comparison, but have there been massive outbreaks at child care centers?  I mean, some of these places have been operating through this entire pandemic so adults can go to work. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Im  not sure this is an apples to apples comparison, but have there been massive outbreaks at child care centers?  I mean, some of these places have been operating through this entire pandemic so adults can go to work. 

Not in NYC. The epicenter of the virus. 

So no, I did not :thumbsup:

That's nice to here.  Then I'll stick with "In-general" statement then, based on the general view of the democrat party (leadership).

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I read there have been in Texas. But seemingly not many other places.

There were those worrisome stories of kids developing some fatal syndrome due to COVID but I haven’t heard of that in a while, must be pretty rare I’d imagine. Or the nightmare scenario would be that it just takes a long time to develop - that is one troublesome aspect, where we still don’t know the long term effects of COVID infection if any.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's nice to here.  Then I'll stick with "In-general" statement then, based on the general view of the democrat party (leadership).

I’m not sure that’s accurate either. I think Biden, for example, has not embraced the defund police cry. And as well he shouldn’t, because it’s dumb.

I think most democrats are probably like me. Black lives matter. I agree. It’s really a very unobjectionable statement. And they have faced many injustices. I’m all about bringing that to light and advocating for change. But when it comes to specific proposals that’s where, so far, it seems to fall apart.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My kids teachers did not bust their ass. Not even close. But hey, most teachers did. Didn’t do us any good. 

Right @Hardcore troubadour.  Also, it's not so much as "hearsay" as information based on first hand accounts.  I had not only students, but also parents telling me about their situations.  Also, my nephew's.  The kids had a Zoom meeting at 9 am, then one at noon that lasted 20 to 40 minutes (varied teacher to teacher).  They literally had no interaction after that.  None.  At all.  If the kids had questions, they emailed the teachers who addressed the issues the next day at the zoom meeting or at some point the next day in the email.

That's it though... 2 teachers per day.  They'd have their Math teacher at 9 and Science at noon.  Both teachers would tell them what they had to do that day... for 2 days later.  On the next day, it would be Social Studies and then Language Arts.  Kids were done their school work for the day in either 30 minutes or they never finished because they had questions and needed to wait 48 hours (most of the time), for answers.

I know 4 teachers personally.  Everyone of them said how hard everything was.  I asked that what their day included... none gave specifics.  Why not?  Because they weren't actually doing anything.  Well, nothing extensive.  I know multiple kids in those teachers classes.  Of the 4, 3 didn't even talk to the kids more than twice a week... either through zoom meetings or email conversations.  The other one had 1 email a week.  The teachers were going online and posting the kids' assignments and it was up to the kids to teach themselves and do the work, then email the teacher their results.  The kids have/had access to their grades.  So when the teacher grades their work, they can see what they got.  They can go over what they got wrong... but they had to wait sometimes up to 2 weeks for the teachers to post the grades.  There were timestamps on everything.  In my nephew's case, (one example), an assignment was posted on Monday at 10:15 am, by the teacher.  He read the material and did most of the work.  He emailed his teacher 2 questions at 1:30.  The teacher responded at 9:30 pm, on the Tuesday night.  He finished the assignment at 9 am Wednesday morning, but the assignment was due at midnight Tuesday (gotta love that).  My sister-in-law calls the school to get a hold of the teacher and after a 45 minute conversation, the teacher accepted the assignment.  The next timestamp, for when the teach looked at it, was the following Tuesday at 8 pm.  She posted the grade on Thursday.  So, an assignment was given at 10:15 Monday morning, and 10 days later, she posts the grades.  I told people about this, and I heard tons of similar occurrences from kids and/or their parents.  I mean, a lot of them, from different schools and different grades.

I don't doubt there were a lot of teachers doing their best, but I know there were many that treated their job as part-time jobs/partial early dismissal.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right @Hardcore troubadour.  Also, it's not so much as "hearsay" as information based on first hand accounts.  I had not only students, but also parents telling me about their situations.  Also, my nephew's.  The kids had a Zoom meeting at 9 am, then one at noon that lasted 20 to 40 minutes (varied teacher to teacher).  They literally had no interaction after that.  None.  At all.  If the kids had questions, they emailed the teachers who addressed the issues the next day at the zoom meeting or at some point the next day in the email.

That's it though... 2 teachers per day.  They'd have their Math teacher at 9 and Science at noon.  Both teachers would tell them what they had to do that day... for 2 days later.  On the next day, it would be Social Studies and then Language Arts.  Kids were done their school work for the day in either 30 minutes or they never finished because they had questions and needed to wait 48 hours (most of the time), for answers.

I know 4 teachers personally.  Everyone of them said how hard everything was.  I asked that what their day included... none gave specifics.  Why not?  Because they weren't actually doing anything.  Well, nothing extensive.  I know multiple kids in those teachers classes.  Of the 4, 3 didn't even talk to the kids more than twice a week... either through zoom meetings or email conversations.  The other one had 1 email a week.  The teachers were going online and posting the kids' assignments and it was up to the kids to teach themselves and do the work, then email the teacher their results.  The kids have/had access to their grades.  So when the teacher grades their work, they can see what they got.  They can go over what they got wrong... but they had to wait sometimes up to 2 weeks for the teachers to post the grades.  There were timestamps on everything.  In my nephew's case, (one example), an assignment was posted on Monday at 10:15 am, by the teacher.  He read the material and did most of the work.  He emailed his teacher 2 questions at 1:30.  The teacher responded at 9:30 pm, on the Tuesday night.  He finished the assignment at 9 am Wednesday morning, but the assignment was due at midnight Tuesday (gotta love that).  My sister-in-law calls the school to get a hold of the teacher and after a 45 minute conversation, the teacher accepted the assignment.  The next timestamp, for when the teach looked at it, was the following Tuesday at 8 pm.  She posted the grade on Thursday.  So, an assignment was given at 10:15 Monday morning, and 10 days later, she posts the grades.  I told people about this, and I heard tons of similar occurrences from kids and/or their parents.  I mean, a lot of them, from different schools and different grades.

I don't doubt there were a lot of teachers doing their best, but I know there were many that treated their job as part-time jobs/partial early dismissal.

Most everyone did, and still is, across all professions. The pandemic has shaken up everything. You gotta worry about your own health, your family’s health, how to take care of your own kids, how to do basic things like get a haircut and go to the store, how to try to do your whole damn job remotely or deal with ever changing and onerous requirements to going into an actual office or workspace.

I don’t think you’re being fair at all limiting this to teachers. Most are probably trying their best. It probably isn’t nearly good enough to actually serve the students, but that’s true of many professions serving their clients right now.

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m not sure that’s accurate either. I think Biden, for example, has not embraced the defund police cry. And as well he shouldn’t, because it’s dumb.

You saying he hasnt personally embraced it even though he supports taking money away?  Is he just pandering to the hard left?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You saying he hasnt personally embraced it even though he supports taking money away?  Is he just pandering to the hard left?

I’m saying as a policy position I do not believe he has embraced it. If I’m wrong, by all means set me straight