Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Wifes teachers union had a meeting...

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m not sure that’s accurate either. I think Biden, for example, has not embraced the defund police cry. And as well he shouldn’t, because it’s dumb.

I think most democrats are probably like me. Black lives matter. I agree. It’s really a very unobjectionable statement. And they have faced many injustices. I’m all about bringing that to light and advocating for change. But when it comes to specific proposals that’s where, so far, it seems to fall apart.

I think the media and Democrat politicians like to pretend that Republican's don't think black lives matter, but that's not the case.  We just don't like the organization itself.  They don't actually represent the popular black opinion.  Did you actually read that?  I'm willing to bet a white person wrote it... without even talking to any black people.

Minorities in leadership and white's in heavy minority population areas, will push for the defending of police... see NYC as an example.  When issues arise, Biden will always side with the defunding movement.  Mainly because it will only happen in blue areas.  He'll do that to ensure the black vote.  The best part is, crime in these areas will go up.  White people will move out of those areas and it will create even worse conditions than before.  This will cause the government to "give" more money to those areas.  It won't help.  The net result will be Democrats blaming Republicans for not taking action.  It's all pandering and oppression by the Democrats onto black people.  They've been doing this for decades.

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Most everyone did, and still is, across all professions. The pandemic has shaken up everything. You gotta worry about your own health, your family’s health, how to take care of your own kids, how to do basic things like get a haircut and go to the store, how to try to do your whole damn job remotely or deal with ever changing and onerous requirements to going into an actual office or workspace.

I don’t think you’re being fair at all limiting this to teachers. Most are probably trying their best. It probably isn’t nearly good enough to actually serve the students, but that’s true of many professions serving their clients right now.

I'm not hearing about people who are angry with the way restaurants are handling things. Grocery stores, banks, local businesses, etc, all seem to be operating fine.  What industry are you hearing about where there seems to be mass problems with operations?

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not hearing about people who are angry with the way restaurants are handling things. Grocery stores, banks, local businesses, etc, all seem to be operating fine.  What industry are you hearing about where there seems to be mass problems with operations?

Nearly all to some extent. Grocery stores had huge supply chain issues for a while and prices on many things have gone way up. Banks were straight up closed for a while, then you could go online but half the sh1t didn’t work and still doesn’t. In my line of work there have been hardly any court appearances allowed since March and that even includes criminal issues where you have constitutional rights at stake. On and on and on. The pandemic has focked up everything and people are trying to figure out how to adjust but bottom line it’s going to be some form of triage at best for at least another year.

My sister in law and her husband are both teachers, they have 3 kids of varying ages. They need schools to be closed or partially reopen. They have no one to get them on and off the bus because of COVID. My MIL can’t do it while this is going on, she has an underlying condition. I don’t think their situation is all that unique. Many teachers are pushing to keep them closed for their own situation. 

46 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nearly all to some extent. Grocery stores had huge supply chain issues for a while and prices on many things have gone way up. Banks were straight up closed for a while, then you could go online but half the sh1t didn’t work and still doesn’t. In my line of work there have been hardly any court appearances allowed since March and that even includes criminal issues where you have constitutional rights at stake. On and on and on. The pandemic has focked up everything and people are trying to figure out how to adjust but bottom line it’s going to be some form of triage at best for at least another year.

Well then apparently NJ is operating just fine as compared to your state.  Grocery stores were never closed and only for very brief periods of time, had issues with products.  Banks were never closed here.  You can't go in without a scheduled appointment, but drive thru has always been open.  I'm sure the court system is, and will have, trouble.  That's a hard nut to crack, but NJ hasn't really had a ton of problems.  A lot of stuff is being handled though online meetings.  My sister-in-law works for child services, and they've had regular court/trial proceedings via online conference calls.  Maybe you need to move here.  Wait, don't.  We vote Democrat during presidential elections.  I don't want you making things worse here.  We have a weird state with voting.  Governors go back and forth every 8 years.  The north east always votes blue, the south and northwest generally vote red.  Very odd.

Teachers are not responsible for the recovery of the economy,  babysitting kids, "getting us back to normal" so stop trying to guilt them into risking their lives because the government failed to act.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Teachers are not responsible for the recovery of the economy,  babysitting kids, "getting us back to normal" so stop trying to guilt them into risking their lives because the government failed to act.

Oh god.  Better shut down grocery stores too. 

Pro sports hasnt been able to prevent its investment from covid...but somehow schools will be ok.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Im  not sure this is an apples to apples comparison, but have there been massive outbreaks at child care centers?  I mean, some of these places have been operating through this entire pandemic so adults can go to work. 

The media is saving that for august. 

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Pro sports hasnt been able to prevent its investment from covid...but somehow schools will be ok.

Players are dropping like flies. I saw one guy died in a plane crash/covid related incident. So many others in the ICU. . 

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have zero faith that the teachers union will be putting the kids first. Why start now? And they will care even less about the parents. 

Well, it's not called the 'Teacher's Union' because they care about students.

• Thanks 2

My wife just dialed into a national zoom meeting from the NEA. 

For the few minutes I was within earshot I heard the head union lady b1tching about Trump.  She was then starting to b1tch about federal funding and how Shake Shack received money, yada yada yada.  At that point my wife (who hates Trump, btw) left the meeting when she realized it was going to be nothing but complaints and no real info. 

Just got an email from the school superintendent. She plans on outsourcing online learning to give parents who don't want to send their kids to school an option and have everyone else attend school in person. My guess is smaller class sizes. 

Rumor is grades 6-12 will be online and the elementary kids will be shipped to the middle and high schools who will be taught by those teachers. 

I want schools to open as normal no mask or any of that other stupid sh1t.

Dear Parents/Guardians:

Earlier today, you received information regarding the [school name] for Connected Learning. The virtual school is one option we are offering parents this fall as we continue our focus on educational excellence and address the health and safety of our students, staff and families.

The virtual academy provides a personalized learning option that engages students across the curriculum and goes beyond what the typical e-learning program offers. Highly qualified [school name] teachers will guide learning while academic coaches will provide tutoring support responsive to student needs. More information on this opportunity is available on our website.

In addition to the virtual academy, [school name] is prepared to open the school year with in-person instruction.  We know that regardless of whether you choose the virtual academy or the in-person instruction, your child and family will continue to experience our Back to School traditions this fall.

As we move forward, I encourage you to stay in touch by regularly checking your e-mail, signing up for our text messaging system by texting “Y” to [phone #], visiting our website for updated information on the 2020-21 school year and following us on our social media channels. I will use all of these vehicles to share updates with you as more information becomes available and we finalize our plans to welcome back 27,000 students for exemplary teaching and learning. 

Thank you for your continued partnership and support.