Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

Stupid BS Bullcrap That Cost You the Championship

Couple years ago, had a lethal 11-2 team in PPR. Earn the bye then 2nd round I hit major BS. I kinda saw it but I was not using my #1 waiver on a fvcking kicker. He'd been killing it for 2 weeks but just could not do it. Sure enough, my opponent gets the kicker and he scores like 25 pts or just something stupid and I get jettisoned by a couple pts.

Lesson learned. In the playoffs I never leave this crap on the waiver if I can get them. I did it last year with RB's. I had the higher waiver and grabbed that darling and kept my opponent from even making that move even though I had no use for him. I blocked him and blew him out the water. 

20 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Couple years ago, had a lethal 11-2 team in PPR. Earn the bye then 2nd round I hit major BS. I kinda saw it but I was not using my #1 waiver on a fvcking kicker. He'd been killing it for 2 weeks but just could not do it. Sure enough, my opponent gets the kicker and he scores like 25 pts or just something stupid and I get jettisoned by a couple pts.

Lesson learned. In the playoffs I never leave this crap on the waiver if I can get them. I did it last year with RB's. I had the higher waiver and grabbed that darling and kept my opponent from even making that move even though I had no use for him. I blocked him and blew him out the water. 

No, you have not learned your lesson. The lesson you should have learned is don’t play with kickers. Get rid of them. You’ll thank me. 

I hear you. Not my league. I can put it up for a vote and they will axe it. They are very staunch about their format. Best I can do is use their stupid rules against them. Did it last year. Only the playoff teams can use the waiver. Made sure I was above the contenders in the playoffs and blocked them from even thinking about pulling some hot kicker crap.

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I hear you. Not my league. I can put it up for a vote and they will axe it. They are very staunch about their format. Best I can do is use their stupid rules against them. Did it last year. Only the playoff teams can use the waiver. Made sure I was above the contenders in the playoffs and blocked them from even thinking about pulling some hot kicker crap.

Put it up for the vote and sell it that you’ll substitute the kicker spot with a flex. It’s worth trying. Even the guys that wanted to keep kickers changed their tune after the first week. I was one of them. 

What's the reasoning for not playing with a kicker?  That seems like heresy.  If any position should be done away with it should be the tight end.  At least with kickers, they all score relatively close to each other any given week.  I have never liked the flex position.  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF.  That's the way fantasy football should be played. 

Their reasoning for keeping the kicker is they want it to be close to managing a real team. I'm looking up wind speed, type of turf, place holders. It's kind of fun. In the playoffs though I will totally use the waiver now if one is getting hot or pick him up if I need some horsepower.

If Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would’ve been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind