Sign in to follow this  
Torn

2020 Rule Changes - Applies only to this season (I hope)

3 hours ago, Torn said:

NOTE - Yahoo has bumped IL slots from 5 max to 10. I have adjusted ours to 7 for now. You are now allowed to place two extra guys on IL if (when) needed.

I can't see how they can play this out. It's already gotten ridiculous. Too many games getting postponed and it looks like the Marlins are hopelessly lost in COVID hell.

I agree that this just won't work but with that said as long as we are trying it seems like bumping up to 10 DL spots would make sense.  Now the cards have an outbreak and it seems inevitable it will just continue.  Really no way to address the game postponements but that is making fielding full lineups really hard.  Being that I don't expect the season to work it seems like it doesn't matter but I would push up to 10 expecting more guys to go down.  

2 hours ago, posty said:

Okay...  Right now every player that can be put on the DL has been EXCEPT @MotorCityKitty16 who has three on the DL (one COVID related) but none on their team DL...  There are some that have been removed from the DL by their MLB team but have yet to be activated by the owner...

There is only one team that has currently used all five DL spots and that is my team...

I still think five is fine and with 30-man rosters the wire is already thin as it is...  But whatever you decide as this is just my .02 cents...

5 may work now, but I'll bet we'll see more teams use 5+ IL slots over the upcoming weeks the way things are going.

Your secondary point is a good one. I don't think all of our managers have been paying as much attention as usual. Godfather didn't submit a lineup until day 4 of the season (all guys were still on BN since draft) and may not make IP limit. Others have IL slots not filled with eligible players. Others have IL slots filled with players who have returned. 

I'm not really complaining, but this season is turning into a "just for something to do" type of year. I've acquiesced to that reality at this point... 😷

On 7/31/2020 at 4:58 PM, Torn said:

5 may work now, but I'll bet we'll see more teams use 5+ IL slots over the upcoming weeks the way things are going.

Well, that didn't take long. I now have 5 IL guys to go along with a new opt out. Even WITH the additional IL slots, I can't put in a full lineup due to "Day to Day" injuries and multiple game postponements. What a $hit show...

3 hours ago, Torn said:

Well, that didn't take long. I now have 5 IL guys to go along with a new opt out. Even WITH the additional IL slots, I can't put in a full lineup due to "Day to Day" injuries and multiple game postponements. What a $hit show...

Yeah it is getting out of control...

Just thinking out loud here. And I'm bringing this up a full seven months before it becomes a concern at all. Each of us devoted quite a bit of time into evaluating a full league of players. We named our 5 keepers (5 or so?), ...and then made about 25 draft picks for a 2020 season that never really happened. I know boo-hoo, ...lots of things wrong with what's going on in the world, ...bigger problems. Please note, ...when Feb-March 2021 rolls around, we will all *hopefully* be seeing a much better world and a more hopeful outlook. But it will be time to RE-NAME those five or so keepers, ...players I kept, ...Alonso, Kepler, Yates, Marquez, and Kela, can ALL be kept at the same round where I kept them for the upcoming 2020 season, ...without any loss of a service year. Also, I can switch out any of my other 25 picks, ...without being penalized for a service year, ...but I would have to keep them 3 rounds earlier, ...and I would have to forfeit either Alonso, Kepler, Yates, Marquez, or Kela, in the process. Again, ...just kicking out an idea, here, ...way in advance: Why not expand the number of keepers we can keep to FIVE existing 2020 keepers, (same round), ...plus 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or perhaps as many as FIVE MORE guys who were drafted in 2020 for the first time, ...3 rounds earlier, ...with no loss of a service year for the defunct 2020 show? This way, ...all of our work to evaluate players, projections, ages, dynasty values for those 25 draft picks, wasn't in vain, ...but you can cash in on those who turn out to be great young values. Seems Stromb will favor a notion like this, ...with all of the young talent he targets in the mid-rounds and late-rounds, ...each draft. Perhaps put this to a vote, ...when all is said and done, ...November-ish?

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 4:01 PM, Ghost96 said:

Just thinking out loud here. And I'm bringing this up a full seven months before it becomes a concern at all. Each of us devoted quite a bit of time into evaluating a full league of players. We named our 5 keepers (5 or so?), ...and then made about 25 draft picks for a 2020 season that never really happened. I know boo-hoo, ...lots of things wrong with what's going on in the world, ...bigger problems. Please note, ...when Feb-March 2021 rolls around, we will all *hopefully* be seeing a much better world and a more hopeful outlook. But it will be time to RE-NAME those five or so keepers, ...players I kept, ...Alonso, Kepler, Yates, Marquez, and Kela, can ALL be kept at the same round where I kept them for the upcoming 2020 season, ...without any loss of a service year. Also, I can switch out any of my other 25 picks, ...without being penalized for a service year, ...but I would have to keep them 3 rounds earlier, ...and I would have to forfeit either Alonso, Kepler, Yates, Marquez, or Kela, in the process. Again, ...just kicking out an idea, here, ...way in advance: Why not expand the number of keepers we can keep to FIVE existing 2020 keepers, (same round), ...plus 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or perhaps as many as FIVE MORE guys who were drafted in 2020 for the first time, ...3 rounds earlier, ...with no loss of a service year for the defunct 2020 show? This way, ...all of our work to evaluate players, projections, ages, dynasty values for those 25 draft picks, wasn't in vain, ...but you can cash in on those who turn out to be great young values. Seems Stromb will favor a notion like this, ...with all of the young talent he targets in the mid-rounds and late-rounds, ...each draft. Perhaps put this to a vote, ...when all is said and done, ...November-ish?

Based on the crap product we're seeing now and the pile of injuries, I'm not opposed to putting it to a vote. I'd only allow for 1 more keeper, though. We need to have a good player pool to draw some for the draft and taking up to 120 guys off the list is cutting too deep. I'll post a poll for it.

I should have foreseen the above average pile of injuries coming. A long layoff and short ramp up time has wreaked havoc on the players who are creatures of routine/habit. 

The rays really screw me with their handling of McKay. First of all he was covid positive when he was listed NA so I wasn’t allowed to put him on IL. Now he’s Being shut down for the season and still not being designated IL 🤬

This season has been a joke and very confusing.

My "studs" have been late rounders and undrafted FAs (Didi, Urshela, Winker, Nimmo) and my stiffs have been Acuna, Bellinger, Altuve, Moncada.

Pitching has been a constant patchwork of guys in my bullpen and for SP depth behind Cole and Buehler (who has also underachieved).

Complete mess of a season.

@Torn

Want to make sure I get this right, for 2021 draft...

1. Free agents taken this year, still cannot be kept.

2. We can keep players from 2019 as their +1 length will not be counted.

3. We can keep players new from 2020 (that wasn't kept in 2019) like normal.

4.  Any player taken in the first five rounds in the 2020 draft cannot be kept at all.

Is this correct?  I want to make sure I am not decimating the new owner for 2021...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

@Torn

Want to make sure I get this right, for 2021 draft...

1. Free agents taken this year, still cannot be kept.

2. We can keep players from 2019 as their +1 length will not be counted.

3. We can keep players new from 2020 (that wasn't kept in 2019) like normal.

4.  Any player taken in the first five rounds in the 2020 draft cannot be kept at all.

Is this correct?  I want to make sure I am not decimating the new owner for 2021...

All of your points are mostly accurate. Re 1. - No FA keepers unless they were taken in this year's draft. If they were drafted and were sent the ww at some point, they ARE eligible as keepers. Any undrafted players are not eligible as keepers. All 3 of the other points are accurate as written.

11 minutes ago, Torn said:

All of your points are mostly accurate. Re 1. - No FA keepers unless they were taken in this year's draft. If they were drafted and were sent the ww at some point, they ARE eligible as keepers. Any undrafted players are not eligible as keepers. All 3 of the other points are accurate as written.

Ah yes, thank you for the clarification...  I thought that was the case but didn't know for sure...