Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

** Round Eleven - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

:argue:

Like the Marlon Mack pick.  Considered him at 11.01.  Granted he might not be for long, but getting a starting RB in the eleventh round is great value.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Landry said:

Like the Marlon Mack pick.  Considered him at 11.01.  Granted he might not be for long, but getting a starting RB in the eleventh round is great value.  

Thanks. So much more pleased with this team compared to my June team. Too bad we probably won’t get to see the results. 

Dang, I was just looking at him today and hoping he would last a couple more rounds.  Granted, 3 of his scores came in the last game after Sanders got hurt, but he's a sneaky good late round PPR pick, and a high upside handcuff unless Philly signs someone else.

No doubt.   I feel like I've been taking some of my possible 'flag' players a little ahead of ADP.   Espeically in this mock I like to get guys I feel good about.

I happened to look at Scotts game log and checked out the Eagles vs Seahawks playoff game.

IDK if Sanders was 100% for that game but the workload broke down like this.

Sanders 14 rushes for 69 yards.  3 catches for 8 yards.   No tds   

Boston Scott 6 rushes for 25 yards 3 catches for 25 yards  No tds 

I feel like if they don't sign someone thats about how the workload could break down.

17 touches Sanders. 9 touches Scott  

What I really noticed about the Eagles playoff game was that Goedert lead the Eagles in targets

7 for 83 on 8 targets 

and Metcalf went bonkers

7-160-1 on 9 targets  

Total aside but I strongly feel like the post season is another indicator that fantasy people should analyze.  I feel like often only regular season stats get looked at and the playoffs never get a 2nd glance.  

47 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

If you go to FFtoday.  Click on stats, then click on last 5 weeks.

That's why I drafted Boston Scott.     

I'm also going to throw this out as a possible reason you drafted Scott. You saw the Sanders owner had the next pick 🤣

Taking one of my cuffs is forgivable and a coincidence. Doing so in back-to-back rounds is a crime.

Seriously though, solid standalone picks in Goedert and Scott with huge upside if either of my guys ahead of them get hurt.

Guru:

why Gibson  over some of the other rooks still out there?

Wow Gibson this early. You see some serious potential there. Idk how I feel. I think he is raw, but raw running backs, or any raw player in general seems like they never get a hold. If they don't run plays perfectly as designed the coach doesn't want to use them

If people are big on Antonio Gibson, go check out Kirk Merritt. That guy has some off the charts athleticism

49 minutes ago, robb said:

Guru:

why Gibson  over some of the other rooks still out there?

I'm assuming that if you are asking that, it's b/c you are under the impression he is listed as a WR. If that is/was the case, he would not be the pick.

If we both are operating under the assumption he's a running back, the overriding reason I took him here was b/c I think he has a fair amount of PPR upside and not a lot standing in his way of reaching it, at least historically speaking. If Guice stays healthy, this was probably a wasted pick. If he fails to hold up again, however, I can see a role where he pushes for 10 touches (five catches) each week with Peterson. There are other players with upside available should the guy in front of them get hurt, but I'm not sure they possess Gibson's talent.

With that said, it was a bit of a luxury pick as well.

37 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Wow Gibson this early. You see some serious potential there. Idk how I feel. I think he is raw, but raw running backs, or any raw player in general seems like they never get a hold. If they don't run plays perfectly as designed the coach doesn't want to use them

If people are big on Antonio Gibson, go check out Kirk Merritt. That guy has some off the charts athleticism

Scott was the guy I wanted and frankly expected to fall to me with this pick. I agree Gibson is about as raw as raw can get. There just wasn't another back that I saw available (I am using a makeshift list though) that struck me as someone I had to have. With plenty of options left that I like at the other three positions, I decided to go with a guy like Gibson that has big upside.

I remember Merritt.

Let me add that I would not say I'm high on Gibson so much as I saw him as the last RB with huge upside that doesn't have one big roadblock or multiple obstacles in front of him. I liked the depth of the draft at the other positions, so I pulled the trigger on him now.

Another TE I was tossing around but he has the same bye week as Hunter Henry so I’m going to go with Doyle who gets a very tight end friendly new QB

I am all over Harris this year as a flyer. He has a ton of talent, is probably a better running back than Michel, and he can catch passes. The one true 3 down back on the Pats.

As far as Tannehill goes, He was the last QB that I was comfortable with taking as a backup. There is one more qb I was tempted to take, but I will leave him nameless until he goes.

2 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Please change the draft picks title to Round 12.

I told myself to do that about 3 times before I hit enter. My gf should understand that she isn't the only one I have a hard time listening to

55 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I told myself to do that about 3 times before I hit enter. My gf should understand that she isn't the only one I have a hard time listening to

😄

BTW, I told you I was working with a makeshift board. Harris wasn't on my list of players or I had already deleted him. 🤦‍♂️

im working with an invisible board. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

im working with an invisible board. :dunno:

Couple IBL vets don't need cheatsheets.   Hoooooo! 

I was wondering when Hooper was going to go.  Twelfth round is a pretty precipitous drop for the #6 TE last year.  I realize his situation has gotten worse, but falling to the 17th TE off the board surprised me (especially when is ADP is the ninth TE).  

Hooper momentarily slipped my mind but I’m good with Doyle

Should someone pick for him?

He finally picked last night around 11:00 central it looks like.  I woke up ....looked and picked at 5:30 this morning.  ----- Edited to say -----This is going ridiculously slow.

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

He finally picked last night around 11:00 central it looks like.  I woke up ....looked and picked at 5:30 this morning.  ----- Edited to say -----This is going ridiculously slow.

Agree......less than 12 rounds in 9 days. I know weekends are optional, but we used to get in 1-2 rounds a weekend. This time it was 1-2 selections. Either I need to take more Xanex or just understand these Mocks are going slower than ever before. Maybe as we all get older we don't make it the priority it used to be!

Please......if I am one who holds selections up, just let me know and I will let someone else pick for me going forward. I don't want to be the problem.

I’m picking on my phone in my doctor’s office with nothing in front of me.   If Raegor’s gone already, let me know...

8 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

I’m picking on my phone in my doctor’s office with nothing in front of me.   If Raegor’s gone already, let me know...

You do a great job of picking under the circumstances Coach....he was my next selection!! Colonoscopy??

You guys are getting too worked up over this. The June drafted ended on Tuesday and it was one of the fastest drafts ever. And this one has had 3 technical glitches that had the website inaccessible for a while. I personally don’t think we’re that far behind  

As for the weekends, I checked Friday evening then headed to a tourney, then picked when I got home on Sunday night. 

you are right, but as you move into the 2nd half of these things it usually gets slower.  The interest and excitement of the event wanes and discussion ends. 

Tate has not been selected yet. You are good to go my friend.

ICEMAN

Damn you with golden taint

Had I known Pollard was going to be around this long, I probably would not have taken Gibson. Then again, Harmon's knee injury might change things a bit in Washington.

1 hour ago, robb said:

You do a great job of picking under the circumstances Coach....he was my next selection!! Colonoscopy??

Proctologist.  Which is why I picked Reagor.  Being there reminded me of the Eagles...

42 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

Proctologist.  Which is why I picked Reagor.  Being there reminded me of the Eagles...

ouch.................