Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

** Round Eleven - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

Matt going all in on Lamar, no insurance!

15 minutes ago, worm said:

Matt going all in on Lamar, no insurance!

For shizzle!

Although this is always the point in the draft where I ask whether we are drafting with the hypothetical exercise of a real draft in mind or if we are drafting to see who has the best best ball score at the end of the season 

Real life league.  No I would not draft a back up qb as I believe I will able to pickup a low end qb2 off the waiver wire if need be

in best ball not having a qb2 with a running qb bound for large regression probably a big no no 

10 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

For shizzle!

Although this is always the point in the draft where I ask whether we are drafting with the hypothetical exercise of a real draft in mind or if we are drafting to see who has the best best ball score at the end of the season 

Real life league.  No I would not draft a back up qb as I believe I will able to pickup a low end qb2 off the waiver wire if need be

in best ball not having a qb2 with a running qb bound for large regression probably a big no no 

I always draft as if this is a pay league not for no hassle success in a best ball format.  Agree!......but I do grab a 2nd QB.

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

In these covid times I feel leagues should bump up rosters at least a couple of players.

I like this idea. If most fantasy leagues keep normal roster sizes, the free agent wire is going to be extra frenzy this season.

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Let's keep this going guys! Just a couple more rounds to go...

I want to highlight the significant contribution I have made to the overall success of this event as a beacon of what a mock can be......well, you're welcome  guys

• Like 1

Between McCaffrey, D.J. Moore, Samuel, and Robbie Anderson, the Panthers are set up for a nice year thru the air. Teddy is very accurate and used to Brady's system from his days at the Saints.  Teddy is a QB#2 target for me this year and is available at will.

Wait, is this not a set it and forget it draft?  Can we make pickups?

56 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

So what's the verdict? Fill out my roster as I typically would or draft as if this is a best-ball?

OK, filling out my roster as I would. I have seen no mention of anyone putting this up on a site and playing it out.

Guys, there is no way two receivers (one of which I will take here instead of a defense) should still be available.

Doesn’t Mr Landry run the weekly scoring for this league so  it really is a Best Ball setup?

The last three years I have stuck this up on MFL so we could track the teams and see how they played out.

Best Ball style...

I remember that being mentioned in years past, but I saw no mention of it this year. I also saw something about past champions in the June draft, but nothing here.

I'll gladly change my pick if necessary.

Matt's pick threw me off, but it looks like he will be attempting a no defense or no kicker approach.

1. wasnt justin jackson already picked?  i guess not or someone would have mentioned it.. Then again I am also drafting with no lists.

2. there has been a best ball league done using these rosters for the past few years... last year was my first year back in the July Mock in a while but i remember the best ball league

3. I think regardless of the best ball league or how you want to build your team (no backup QB or TE if you prefer), Mike still has it clearly outlined in the rules that you HAVE to draft a kicker and a DST.... since this mock is really a tool for the FFToday site. 

Probably should have clarified the format before.  My later picks have been angled more for a Best Ball experience.  It doesn't matter to me, though.  Either way, I'll probably throw this up on MFL for giggles if nothing else.

11 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I remember that being mentioned in years past, but I saw no mention of it this year. I also saw something about past champions in the June draft, but nothing here.

I'll gladly change my pick if necessary.

The no hassle league that Fumble runs on his own for the June mock has been going for a long time and has become a big deal. the June mock drafters treat it like a real league.

What has been done the past few years with the July mock seems to still be more in the "just for fun", "lets see how our mocked teams turn out" mentality. 

I think @Mike FF Today  should clarify if there is a rule that you MUST draft 1 kicker and 1 dst.  the rules post that is pinned for the July mock seems a little different than the June rules. I feel like the June rules state that you must draft at least  1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DST  with the rest of the spots up to you. 

Someone set up a free best ball league for the July mock we did last year - anyone have a link for that?

Also is anyone available to set up another just like last years?

7 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I'll change my pick then if there are no objections in the next 10-15 minutes.

No objection from me. Would be best to do IMHO.

I think Mike is assuming that we know we must draft K/DT. I'd say we should do the same.  I'm willing to wait for whoever needs to make a correction (from owners that have already picked) to get their lineup(s) right.

4 minutes ago, robb said:

No objection from me. Would be best to do IMHO.

In fact, I will wait to pick until you and all mockers change your/their selection.

I'm fine chaning my 15 round pick if peeps want me to go K and D and am fine taking the 13th kicker of the board having no choice 

Every year going on a couple years now I don't drafter a kicker or D because I treat this is a 'real draft' for a real league.  A league that would allow for waiver pickups before the season.

Then we track to the results in best ball to kind of see how the teams do which isn't exactly the same exercise IMO  

Any who tell me to take a kicker or D here and I will.   Clarity either way is good.  

Really up to Mike. I draft, as I read the Rules, to get a kicker and defense since one can not pick them up later, per the Rules. We’ve had this discussion in the past as I remember, so it should have been decided already.

53 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I'm fine chaning my 15 round pick if peeps want me to go K and D and am fine taking the 13th kicker of the board having no choice 

Every year going on a couple years now I don't drafter a kicker or D because I treat this is a 'real draft' for a real league.  A league that would allow for waiver pickups before the season.

Then we track to the results in best ball to kind of see how the teams do which isn't exactly the same exercise IMO  

Any who tell me to take a kicker or D here and I will.   Clarity either way is good.  

I don’t think the kicker and dst discussion is about the best ball league as much as it is what does Mike wants us to do in this mock, as a tool for FFToday readers. 

I feel like In the past he has wanted us to draft kicker and defense

i just want to make sure we are all following what he wants. I don’t care about the best ball league that gets setup other than sheer curiosity 

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

we are to draft at least one of each.

My opinion as well. Don’t ever remember someone not doing so. 

1 hour ago, The Football Guru said:

I'll change my pick then if there are no objections in the next 10-15 minutes.

Guru: you changing your pick?

Sine I'm pretty certain Guru won't be taking who I want to pick, I'll post mine.

7 minutes ago, worm said:

Sine I'm pretty certain Guru won't be taking who I want to pick, I'll post mine.

I am picking a WR and I too am certain Guru won’t be picking that either. I may pick, but I’ll defer to Doug if he wanted who I selected.

If I’m not around when Mike makes the round 16 thread can someone give me Matt Gay as my kicker? FBN already has his kicker. 

thanks. 

DeSean is perfect for Best Ball. He should have some weeks where he scores very high and some weeks where he disappears. I had 2 other WRs I was considering, but as my WR6 in Best Ball......I'll take the Jackson!

Guys - I need EVERYBODY to follow the rules of the draft, including roster requirements. Having to change picks after the fact is no bueno. 🤨

For brevity, I think I took the specific language requiring what positions to pick, but you yes, you need to take a kicker and D/ST.