Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

** Round Eleven - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2020 **

For the record - I came into this year knowing that Mike.  Mulls just breaks every mold lol 🤣

4 hours ago, robb said:

Guru: you changing your pick?

4 hours ago, worm said:

Sine I'm pretty certain Guru won't be taking who I want to pick, I'll post mine.

3 hours ago, robb said:

I am picking a WR and I too am certain Guru won’t be picking that either. I may pick, but I’ll defer to Doug if he wanted who I selected.

I've been away most of the evening. I'm not changing my pick and it turns out I probably could not have done so anyway 😆

My apologies!  I didn't mean to skip ahead, I just figured it was a safe bet you wouldn't pick a 7th RB  :)

9 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

I am a wild-card though 😀

Hey there sport, we already have one of those around here....thank you......😛

I was hoping Curtis Samuel or lazard would fall to me. The didn't. I took the rookie just because he has a ton of talent imo, and he has a clear path to being relevant early on.

I only have about an hour left before I have to start packing/prepping for my fishing trip. If I’m not around, highest rated kicker please. Thanks 

4 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

I only have about an hour left before I have to start packing/prepping for my fishing trip. If I’m not around, highest rated kicker please. Thanks 

Everyone: I would prefer that you make your pick as normal, or send me a list. Having to go through the comment thread(s) to decipher your pick slows things down.

36 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Everyone: I would prefer that you make your pick as normal, or send me a list. Having to go through the comment thread(s) to decipher your pick slows things down.

Slows things down? We’ve made what, 4 picks today? I’ll keep checking in. 

Yes, he has been selected.

ICEMAN

Round 13 to Frozenbeernuts.

ICEMAN

Not too ramble on too much but about the real league vs best ball stuff but Prater was my other consideration.

If I was drafting for a real league and I was able to make a waiver pickup before the season if Youngkoo gets replaces he was my pick.

If picking for a best ball league that would be tracked all year and I can't make another change I would take the safety of Prater today 

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

I was also willing to take kickers that were picked already ;) 

Stay away from my Tucker! I had to pass on Curtis Samuel and Alan lazard for his sweet leg

Thanks all, this was a really fun one!!

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, remote controller said:

Thx.  How did last year turn out?

Mr. Landry 2359 138.8
robb 2188 128.7
remote controller 2068 121.6
Frozenbeernuts 2053 120.8
WhiteWonder 2040 120.0
The Football Guru 2009 118.2
Ralphster 1985 116.8
shovelheadt 1930 113.5
Ray Lewis' Limo Driver 1881 110.6
Matt Mueller 1779 104.6
Hawkeye21 1761 103.6
ICEMAN 1529 89.9

I think having McCaffrey, Prescott and Kittle sealed it for me.  

• Like 1

^ Example of my kicker and d less team from last year.  This was not my first rodeo not taking these positions 

not bad. Mahommes, Mack-Melvin Gordon, godwin, Ridley, Metcalf 

i could have worked with that 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:56 AM, Matt Mueller said:

^ Example of my kicker and d less team from last year.  This was not my first rodeo not taking these positions 

not bad. Mahommes, Mack-Melvin Gordon, godwin, Ridley, Metcalf 

i could have worked with that 

so how many points per game do you think a kicker and a def could have brought on average??  (12 to 15 points max)

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

so how many points per game do you think a kicker and a def could have brought on average??  (12 to 15 points max)

If you scored in both departments, like FROZENBEERNUTS did last year, you'd average over 15 points per game from the two positions.

If you screwed the pooch, like ICEMAN, you'd average about 6 points a game.

Most teams averaged about 11-12 points a game from the spots.  Right around 180-200 total points over the course of the year.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:12 PM, Mr. Landry said:

If you scored in both departments, like FROZENBEERNUTS did last year, you'd average over 15 points per game from the two positions.

If you screwed the pooch, like ICEMAN, you'd average about 6 points a game.

Most teams averaged about 11-12 points a game from the spots.  Right around 180-200 total points over the course of the year.

I asked because I felt he was alluding to the fact that he would have been a factor had he drafted right.

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

I asked because I felt he was alluding to the fact that he would have been a factor had he drafted right.

Do I think that my team of Mahomess- Danger Russ, Mack-Gordon, Godwin-Ridley-Metcalf-Fuller-Shepard, Engram could have competed with your squad of 

Lamar Jackson, Chubb-Tevin Coleman-Sony Michel, Hopkins-Gallup-Kirk-Andrews quad.

Yes I do.  

My team scored without a TE for half the season and no kicker or D.  

Evan Engram first missed a game in week 6 of last season.  The first 5 weeks of the season my team scored 138, 130, 140, 102, 186.   Or 696 points over 5 weeks or 139 points per game wihtout a kicker or D in the lineup.

The league winner averaged  138.8 points per game.

My only point wast that my team could have competed in a real league and I think looking back that's pretty accurate. 

On 7/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, Matt Mueller said:

Evan Engram first missed a game in week 6 of last season.  The first 5 weeks of the season my team scored 138, 130, 140, 102, 186.   Or 696 points over 5 weeks or 139 points per game wihtout a kicker or D in the lineup.

The league winner averaged  138.8 points per game.

My only point wast that my team could have competed in a real league and I think looking back that's pretty accurate. 

And if my mom had a peniis she’d be my dad 🤷🏻‍♂️

😉

I agree, your team could have competed in a real league BUT in a real league every other team can trade and play waivers, stream defenses etc. it’s an entirely different animal for all owners. This is a mock where Mike wants us to draft a kicker and defense. It’s first and foremost a tool for the FFToday site and secondary is the best ball league tied to it. 

perhaps a case could be made that a more accurate mock would put zero requirements on positions to draft. Get a better feel for what happens in your real league where 3-4 owners won’t draft a kicker and some teams might go RB heavy and then ignore depth and play waivers after that..... etc etc. 

• Like 1