Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

UFC 251

Started watch fights in YouTube and I'd like to watch the fight tonight. How does this sh1t work. Is PPV still a thing?

26 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

If you don't want to pay this channel will switch to it later tonight 

Twitch.tv/pkhdx

How much does it cost? I don't mind paying if it's worth it.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I thinks it's 60 ish. You need ESPN+ or cable to order it 

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I thinks it's 60 ish. You need ESPN+ or cable to order it 

I don't want to give any money to ESPN....

Paying for sports on tv.... I understand why bars do it, but for the rest of the world - I don't get it.  Everything is free on-line.

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0

Among a million other links available. Might want to install Ad Block Plus first .... . https://adblockplus.org/ but other than that, what's the problem?  Don't have an HDMI chord long enough to reach the big screen tv?  I do.

27 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Paying for sports on tv.... I understand why bars do it, but for the rest of the world - I don't get it.  Everything is free on-line.

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0

Among a million other links available. Might want to install Ad Block Plus first .... . https://adblockplus.org/ but other than that, what's the problem?  Don't have an HDMI chord long enough to reach the big screen tv?  I do.

Already have ABP :thumbsup: I can't internet without it.

52 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't know. I just watch all that stuff on a twitch stream. It's way better than some shady unsecure website. 

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

If you don't want to pay this channel will switch to it later tonight 

Twitch.tv/pkhdx

pkhdx is offline.

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

twitch.tv/abyss_live

Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable.

I'm watching it right now on that link, try it again

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I'm watching it right now on that link

Okay I think I got it. Something weird with the copy paste

Out of respect for Mike I'm not publicly posting any links but I have one that I've used for about a year that works really well and doesn't have popups or anything.  If anyone can't find a stream let me know and I'll PM you a link.

Just now, Strike said:

Out of respect for Mike I'm not publicly posting any links but I have one that I've used for about a year that works really well and doesn't have popups or anything.  If anyone can't find a stream let me know and I'll PM you a link.

I'll take it

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'll take it

Don't have to worry about screwing up your PC with a twitch link 

15 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Don't have to worry about screwing up your PC with a twitch link 

I agree, I was watching it on twitch until it crapped out on me. Strike knows his stuff though.

FIGHTING out of the red corner.

D@mn homeboy got KTFO

1 hour ago, Strike said:

PM

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Everyone else wants Masvidal to win right?

Yes but I think Usman will win

Why does the ref keep warning about the fingers?

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Why does the ref keep warning about the fingers?

Are you asking what the infraction is, or do you not think there was an infraction?   Eye pokes have been an issue in MMA for a long time and the new rules specify how they can be oriented. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Are you asking what the infraction is, or do you not think there was an infraction?   Eye pokes have been an issue in MMA for a long time and the new rules specify how they can be oriented. 

What's the infraction? His hands are open to block I haven't seen his fingers near Aldos eyes.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

What's the infraction? His hands are open to block I haven't seen his fingers near Aldos eyes.

They don't have to be near the opponent's eyes, or the opponent for that matter.  By that time it's too late. 

In the standing position, a fighter that moves their arm(s) toward their opponent with an open hand,fingers pointing at the opponent’s face/eyes,will be a foul. Referees are to prevent this dangerous behavior by communicating clearly to fighters. Fighters are directed to close their fists or point their fingers straight up in the air when reaching toward their opponent.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

They don't have to be near the opponent's eyes, or the opponent for that matter.  By that time it's too late. 

I see. I'm new to the sport, but it seems like the ref was overly concerned about his fingers. Either way that was a good fight. I was surprised it took the ref that long to call it.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

I see. I'm new to the sport, but it seems like the ref was overly concerned about his fingers. Either way that was a good fight. I was surprised it took the ref that long to call it.

Yeah, I thought the stoppage was way late.  I understand wanting to let fighters fight but it was clear Aldo had nothing left to offer and he was taking needless damage. 

The finger thing is because for a number of years fighters would have their fingers wide open and pointed, ostensibly to be prepared to grapple, but often it just seemed like it was used to keep their opponent from coming at them out of fear of getting poked in the eye.  I can't tell you how many fights I've seen stopped because an eye poke caused vision issues for one of the fighters.  So a couple years ago they tweaked the rules.  The refs are pretty proactive on that issue now to just avoid it happening.  It's definitely a bit subjective, and some refs are more vocal than others, but it's not uncommon for refs to warn fighters about it.

I had Hollaway winning that fight 3-2