Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Florida maxing out icu

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Nope I don’t believe that. It’s probably 40-50%. Like every other state. 

So........Your stance is..........Here's my link.  Trust the data I like, and assume the data that's obviously false is the same as the data I like, but don't discount the data I like as false because I like it?

22 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Its pointless, he's wrong on every level, just let it go

The death toll inside New York’s nursing homes is perhaps one of the most tragic facets of the coronavirus pandemic: More than 6,400 residents have died in the state’s nursing homes and long-term care facilities, representing more than one-tenth of the reported deaths in such facilities across the country.

Probably the best advice.

24 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

The death toll inside New York’s nursing homes is perhaps one of the most tragic facets of the coronavirus pandemic: More than 6,400 residents have died in the state’s nursing homes and long-term care facilities, representing more than one-tenth of the reported deaths in such facilities across the country.

And none are counted if they caught it inside and died at the hospital. Or on the way.  Or on the sidewalk outside the door.  Try to find that number. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

So........Your stance is..........Here's my link.  Trust the data I like, and assume the data that's obviously false is the same as the data I like, but don't discount the data I like as false because I like it?

My stance is that you should actually know how nursing homes in NY stack up against the rest of the country before accusing Cuomo’s policies of causing the problem. Nursing homes are getting killed everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Probably the best advice.

🏳 

Just now, MDC said:

My stance is that you should actually know how nursing homes in NY stack up against the rest of the country before accusing Cuomo’s policies of causing the problem. Nursing homes are getting killed everywhere.

🏳 

But the data you're presenting to demonstrate that is false by your own admission.  Yet you keep touting it as if it's valid.  Really weird hill to die on but you go girl!!!

On 7/14/2020 at 9:08 AM, MDC said:

We’ve had this discussion.

1. NY got it earlier and worse overall because it’s an international port of entry and a densely populated metro area.

2. The % of Covid deaths in nursing homes in NY and FL is probably almost identical.

3. None of this makes Don’s clown shoes performance look better to any sane male adult.

HTH!

Let's take these pansy excuses one by one shall we?

1 - International Port, lol.  JFK + LaGuardia is just about equal to Orlando + Miami in passenger traffic FYI, look it up.

1 - Densely Populated.  🤣  Of the 6 states more densely populated than NY only New Jersey has a higher death rate per 1 million.  Cuomo, you win over Dem Phil Murphy!

New Jersey 1768

Rhode Island 932

Mass 1214

Conn 1229

Maryland 554

Deleware 535

New York 1670

Ooof

2 - Ok, you make a great argument Cuomo did equally poor with the rest of the population as he did with the elderly in nursing homes where sent in patients that were ALREADY INFECTED!  NY leads all states in all death categories by a mile.  Ooof.

3 - You just tried to make the argument that the virus would have spread regardless of what Cuomo did.  Trump must live in your head.

Just now, Strike said:

But the data you're presenting to demonstrate that is false by your own admission.  Yet you keep touting it as if it's valid.  Really weird hill to die on but you go girl!!!

And you and your ilk keep saying the nursing home problem in NY is Cuomo’s fault, without having any better numbers and with no explanation why covid is hitting nursing homes everywhere. 

You just know it’s his fault. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

From MDC's new, unbiased NYT link:

*In New York, the case count is often the same as the death count because the state only reports the number of people who have died but not the number of overall infections.

So case count in NY is a lot higher.  More importantly, NY appears to self-report at 20% LTC deaths, since that column has nothing to do with the other data (I honestly can't figure it out since there is no supporting data from that column).  But one would think that NY is the paragon of how to handle LTCs, from that 20% number.

But wait... in the earlier link that MDC did not provide here, it was estimated that if NY included people who died on their LTC patios in their LTC count, the nationwide average would go from 45% to 53%.  An 8% move for the entire nation.  I have no way to estimate that number, but it is bigly.

Perhaps Cuomo can explain it in a poster?  :dunno:

NY sent sick elderly back because of a discrimination law that said the nursing homes had to take them back. Nursing homes fought this but were denied. That is my understanding. Not entirely Cuomo's fault but he should have been more proactive understanding things on a granular level with the most vulnerable and listened to the nursing home executives. He did not. Neither did his staff. They stuck to a rule that was antiquated and was not designed to be used during a viral pandemic. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

And you and your ilk keep saying the nursing home problem in NY is Cuomo’s fault, without having any better numbers and with no explanation why covid is hitting nursing homes everywhere. 

You just know it’s his fault. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Yeah, Cuomo had nothing to do with mandating that nursing homes take Covid positive patients.  ROFLMAO.  I actually posted a link at one point about a nursing home in NY that ignored that mandate and wouldn't take covid positive people.  They had ZERO deaths while the nursing home down the street that did take Covid patients had a bunch.  Anecdotal I know but still a lot more valid than your article that you keep touting despite admitting it's data is flawed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

The discussion ended here, MDC was simply too stupid to figure it out.  Of course, that's when he thought NY had more people than Florida.

:doh:

It’s amazing this clown MDC continues to talk and talk about things he has no clue about. How, at this point, could you not know about the populations of Florida and NY? It’s very, very old news. But he will keep yapping. Sometimes he gets caught up in his trolling, and attempts to back it up. But he’s just not intelligent enough, plus he’s lazy as Fock. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, Cuomo had nothing to do with mandating that nursing homes take Covid positive patients.  ROFLMAO.  I actually posted a link at one point about a nursing home in NY that ignored that mandate and wouldn't take covid positive people.  They had ZERO deaths while the nursing home down the street that did take Covid patients had a bunch.  Anecdotal I know but still a lot more valid than your article that you keep touting despite admitting it's data is flawed.

Still no answer as to why 40% or more of covid deaths nationwide are occurring in nursing homes. 

Anyone?

Beuller? 

39 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

NY sent sick elderly back because of a discrimination law that said the nursing homes had to take them back. Nursing homes fought this but were denied. That is my understanding. Not entirely Cuomo's fault but he should have been more proactive understanding things on a granular level with the most vulnerable and listened to the nursing home executives. He did not. Neither did his staff. They stuck to a rule that was antiquated and was not designed to be used during a viral pandemic. 

Cuomo gave immunity to nursing homes from civil liability after he forced them to take chinavirus patients. There’s all the proof you need. He let those hospitals that the federal government provided sit empty. Anyone gonna ask him why? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cuomo gave immunity to nursing homes from civil liability after he forced them to take chinavirus patients. There’s all the proof you need. He let those hospitals that the federal government provided sit empty. Anyone gonna ask him why? 

I'm sure his brother will the next time he interviews the good governor.

Why didn't they use the Federal facilities first. The ship alone took in less than 200 patients. Plenty of room available yet Maddow broke her strap on throwing it up against the wall about where is the damn ship. 

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

Still no answer as to why 40% or more of covid deaths nationwide are occurring in nursing homes. 

Anyone?

Beuller? 

Because that's where the old, sick and vulnerable hang out.  Man you are slow.

29 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Because that's where the old, sick and vulnerable hang out.  Man you are slow.

You definitely seem like the result of a 40+ year old woman’s difficult pregnancy. :doh: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

You definitely seem like the result of a 40+ year old woman’s difficult pregnancy. :doh: 

Ah, defeat.  You wear it well. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Wow MDC takes another severe beating 

To be fair it’s like 15 to 1 and none of you can stay on point. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I don’t even understand the point. What is the contention? This whole thing would be no big deal if it weren’t for cuomo? Because that’s obviously dumb.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've seen HT use it an obscene amount on here.  We need to bolster the vocabulary of some here.  Lots of other fun words to call people.

Have at it, Notinmyeye21.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lighten up. It’s a funny word. 

Like any funny thing, it loses it's humor when being overused.

We have a hopsital here in my home town, i think it has 5 ICU's. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

🏳 

Poor MDCuck :lol: What a beatdown!!

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Something a cuck would say. 

Hawkeye makes T.J. Booker look manly.

Whenever I see someone use the word “Cuck” unironically, I assume that person is both scared of and turned on by the idea of his wife getting gangbanged by uncircumcised Muslims.

:dunno: 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t even understand the point. What is the contention? This whole thing would be no big deal if it weren’t for cuomo? Because that’s obviously dumb.

I was trying to remember as well.  IIRC people were giving Cuomo shiot for turning nursing homes into death camps, and MDC has been trying to defend him with data he doesn't understand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I was trying to remember as well.  IIRC people were giving Cuomo shiot for turning nursing homes into death camps, and MDC has been trying to defend him with data he doesn't understand.

Okay—fock Cuomo.

Who cares? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Okay—fock Cuomo.

Who cares? :dunno:

Well, that would be MDC.  Is this a trick question?  :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Wtf you talking about? :wacko:

You must be actively anti-racist, not just non racist.  If youre not with us, youre against us.  

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You must be actively anti-racist, not just non racist.  If youre not with us, youre against us.  

The , you guys all taking crazy pills tonight??

I remember when I first started posting here and chumps like Worms and MDC would gang up on me and say disgusting things about my wife and family. Now that they catch some flack they cry about it. Too bad. 

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The , you guys all taking crazy pills tonight??

Luckily, it sounds like you dont have antifas running your streets.