Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Mail in voting and covid fear mongering

coincidence? 

Who here supports mail in voting and do you justify your support because of covid ?

Donald Trump has been railing against vote by mail for the past few months – falsely citing the potential for voter fraud, which is extremely rare. As it turns out, the president himself bungled the system.

Trump registered to vote in Florida last September under his White House address – 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, according to the Washington Post. But Florida does not allow people to register to vote without an in-state address, and one month later, Trump resubmitted his application with a Florida address and voted in the Republican primary.

On his registration form, Trump told Florida officials his legal residence was in Washington DC but on another day also said he was a “bona fide resident” of Palm Beach, Florida, home to his Mar-a-Lago Club, according to the public records reviewed by the Post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/03/donald-trump-vote-by-mail-fraud-florida

Trump’s votes by mail in at least three elections including this one, this year. His campaign website directs voters to vote by mail applications.

:doh: 

If it was done right I would support it. Needs a cheap fingerprint kit. Without that no. Never understood why we fingerprinted Iraqis but we can't have it. Even in person, a fingerprint scanner is dirt cheap. It would also help catch a big chunk of criminals. Dead beat dads, warrants, no telling what else.

What is going to be funny is when it's a mail in in a Democrat race and one of them starts calling fraud. That actually already happened a few weeks ago and it was indeed fraud. Few of them are going to jail.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

TDS is real. See MDC...

And no matter how many stories of below still no voter fraud, not enough to matter even though races are tight...meh:

A Pendleton County mail carrier has admitted to federal charges in which he changed party affiliation on absentee voter requests for the state’s primary election.

Thomas Cooper, 47, of Dry Fork, pleaded guilty Thursday to single counts of injury to the mail and attempt to defraud the residents of West Virginia of a fair election.

I could post pages of this going on but still nope. NOT REAL!!!!

Ideal rules for voting:

1. Must be born in the United States to 2 parents that are legal citizens. (No foreign born voters ever)

2. Must show up to your polling station with 2 forms of picture ID to vote

3. Straight white male votes count as 1 - all other votes count as 0.5

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, drobeski said:

coincidence? 

Who here supports mail in voting and do you justify your support because of covid ?

These two do!

Lara Trump And Donald Trump Jr. Encouraged Californians To Vote By Mail In May

Robocalls from the Republican National Convention recorded by Lara Trump and Donald Trump Jr. encouraged Californians to vote by mail for Mike Garcia in a special election in May for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives

Nancy Pelosi and liberal Democrats are counting on you to sit on the sidelines this election, but you can prove them wrong,” said Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law, in the robocall. “You can safely and securely vote for Mike Garcia by returning your mail-in ballot by May 12.”

In another call, Trump's son Don Jr. said, “Don’t let us down—remember to return your ballot now. Make your vote count for Republican Mike Garcia and get it in the mail by Tuesday, May 12.”

4 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Ideal rules for voting:

1. Must be born in the United States to 2 parents that are legal citizens. (No foreign born voters ever)

2. Must show up to your polling station with 2 forms of picture ID to vote

3. Straight white male votes count as 1 - all other votes count as 0.5

4) Must be able to pass the US citizenship test questions or something like it.   

Would it be so wrong to limit voting to only those who could show a very basic, minimal understanding of this country's political structure and history?   If you did that, do you think there would be another democrat elected anywhere?  

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

That election was not 100% vote by mail. That was for early voting. What Democrats are talking about is 100% vote by mail. Not the same thing. Not even close.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

That election was not 100% vote by mail. That was for early voting. What Democrats are talking about is 100% vote by mail. Not the same thing. Not even close.

I swear I left those goalposts right here, where'd they go?  🤣

10 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Would it be so wrong to limit voting to only those who could show a very basic, minimal understanding of this country's political structure and history?   If you did that, do you think there would be another democrat elected anywhere?  

:thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

14 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

Any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending mass ballots?

Just now, Fireballer said:

Could you lay out any differences between absentee voting by mail and sending out mass ballots?

Can you lay out the difference between double barrel buckshot and a well aimed bullet. I will try and help you; one makes a fvcking mess.

32 minutes ago, Masshole said:

5) Must not be on Welfare or any type of public assistance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No. Could you?

48 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I swear I left those goalposts right here, where'd they go?  🤣

It wasn't even the old extra point 

51 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Absentee voters must apply at the courthouse or some other government facility while mail in ballots are sent out in mass to the households in the district. It is a huge difference. Anyone could get them, vote, and sign them.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

These two do!

They actually didn't support mail-in voting.  They're simply telling people that if you are not going to vote in person, to make sure you mail in your ballot and do it on time.

Also, I am perfectly fine with mail-in ballots if you can't get to the polling location at the time because it's usually a small amount of people and must be applied for.  When it's in large mass like this, without oversight, I don't trust it.  Too many hands in the pot make the pot go crazy.

You'd have to be a massive focking retard to compare what is being proposed with mass mail in voting to absentee voting but, this is the GC, and that's where we are these days. Our friends here on the left are that stupid.

51 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

5) Must not be on Welfare or any type of public assistance.

I used to think that way, but I changed my mind.  Every U.S. citizen, has the right to vote.  Period.  There are people who legitimately need welfare.  I have no problem with helping those people out.  I have a problem with taking away their rights, just because they're in bad situation.  What I have a problem with is the people who abuse the situation.  If you can come up with a way to separate the two, then I'm ok with them losing that right.  That said, if you can figure out who is abusing the system, then just not allow them to abuse it.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I used to think that way, but I changed my mind.  Every U.S. citizen, has the right to vote.  Period.  There are people who legitimately need welfare.  I have no problem with helping those people out.  I have a problem with taking away their rights, just because they're in bad situation.  What I have a problem with is the people who abuse the situation.  If you can come up with a way to separate the two, then I'm ok with them losing that right.  That said, if you can figure out who is abusing the system, then just not allow them to abuse it.

All single working mothers on welfare. No voting for them or the baby daddy. 

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

All single working mothers on welfare. No voting for them or the baby daddy. 

I'm actually ok with fathers who owe child support losing their voting rights.  But I'm not in favor of any across the board policies for welfare recipients.  Some of those people need it, and it's generally temporary.

I think that every woman who goes in for welfare must supply a blood test (for a DNA sample), for themselves and the baby.  They should be forced to supply the fathers name and a blood sample must be supplied.  If paternity isn't established (the DNA from the 'named father' must be destroyed), then no welfare.  If you're a , then deal with it.

For others looking for welfare, there should be qualifications.   I think employment should be a must as well, unless physically unable.  The way it is now, if you have a job, you have virtually no chance of welfare.

50 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They actually didn't support mail-in voting.  They're simply telling people that if you are not going to vote in person, to make sure you mail in your ballot and do it on time.

Also, I am perfectly fine with mail-in ballots if you can't get to the polling location at the time because it's usually a small amount of people and must be applied for.  When it's in large mass like this, without oversight, I don't trust it.  Too many hands in the pot make the pot go crazy.

Honcho and Herbie read what they want, not what is. Delusional. 

57 minutes ago, MDC said:

No. Could you?

You must not know then, that in order to get a mail in ballot, a.k.a an "Absentee Ballot", you must apply for one and give a reason why you will not be able to vote in person.  Anyone who is getting one, it's why we know Trump has done it, is because it is recorded.  You physically, in-person, have to do this.  Now, I will support all mail in balloting if people have to file for an absentee ballot, but I'm not in favor of every household getting ballots mailed to them.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Reality said:

You'd have to be a massive focking retard to compare what is being proposed with mass mail in voting to absentee voting but, this is the GC, and that's where we are these days. Our friends here on the left are that stupid.

MDC? Yes. 

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You must not know then, that in order to get a mail in ballot, a.k.a an "Absentee Ballot", you must apply for one and give a reason why you will not be able to vote in person.  Anyone who is getting one, it's why we know Trump has done it, is because it is recorded.  You physically, in-person, have to do this.  Now, I will support all mail in balloting if people have to file for an absentee ballot, but I'm not in favor of every household getting ballots mailed to them.

Thank you!  The idiots see "mail" in regards to a ballot and think a ballot magically shows up at Trumps house.  😂😂😂😂  I have no problem with anyone receiving a single ballot after requesting it and returning it via mail.  

I predict a record setting number of people who died from COVID yet still sent a mail in vote.

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thank you!  The idiots see "mail" in regards to a ballot and think a ballot magically shows up at Trumps house.  😂😂😂😂  I have no problem with anyone receiving a single ballot after requesting it and returning it via mail.  

In his defense, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know.  I know tons of people on both sides of the aisle that didn't realize the difference.  Once you explain to them the process, most don't like it.  Of course, the ones who do are Democrats, but even not all of them are really in favor of it.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I predict a record setting number of people who died from COVID yet still sent a mail in vote.

I'll predict a record amount of people voting, who never voted before.

I'll also predict this... if Trump wins with 100% mail in ballots, the Democrats will push for in-person voting in November 2021.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

It's also wasteful because a good percentage of them will be thrown away and miss the target or there was not a target to hit. This coming from a party who runs on the planet is dying. Congrats. You just played yourself. Killed acres of trees and 100's of gallons of ink. Wasteful as hell.  They just had to toss out over 100K thousands of them in CA due to this stupidity.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In his defense, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know.  I know tons of people on both sides of the aisle that didn't realize the difference.  Once you explain to them the process, most don't like it.  Of course, the ones who do are Democrats, but even not all of them are really in favor of it.

Maybe if he didnt have to mock the fact Trump voted absentee and gave the :facepalm: emoji

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Maybe if he didnt have to mock the fact Trump voted absentee and gave the :facepalm: emoji

Yeah.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with voting absentee.  I guess @MDC is trying to find an issue where none exists.  I mean, that's typical of leftists, but he claims he's not.  :dunno:  He keeps trying to manufacture issues with Trump.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah.  I mean, there's nothing wrong with voting absentee.  I guess @MDC is trying to find an issue where none exists.  I mean, that's typical of leftists, but he claims he's not.  :dunno:  He keeps trying to manufacture issues with Trump.

What’s the additional safeguard to absentee vs. mail-in? 

:dunno: 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wow.  

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you not see an issue with an absentee voter officially requesting, receiving, and returning a single ballot  V/S registrars simply mass mailing ballots to everyone one their voting rolls?

• Thanks 2