Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anyone use a propane weed torch?

For burning weeds.  No matter how many times I spray Glysophate I always have weeds grow back in the drive.  Anyone ever use one of these and if yes, how well did it work?  Any tips?

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-YSN40HOG-Horizontal-Quemador-hierbas/dp/B07L5GMWGK?pf_rd_r=3HAH01YR2PF9C625ZNPD&pf_rd_p=be25f964-4afb-442f-819e-9e628b270a7c&pd_rd_r=89acd5ed-6de7-44c8-bf4f-d9cb71a4664f&pd_rd_w=rELPi&pd_rd_wg=TM7jG&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

I use the big harbor freight one similar to the one in your link. It sounds like a hot air balloon going off. It's awesomely focking loud and torches the shiot out of anything you let loose on. I love it. 

Throw your 3 or 5 gallon propane tank on a dolly to drag it around. Secure it with a bungy 

22 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I use the big harbor freight one similar to the one in your link. It sounds like a hot air balloon going off. It's awesomely focking loud and torches the shiot out of anything you let loose on. I love it. 

Funny, this is the one I am looking at now.  https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html

Is this the one you have?  Looking around their site they seem to have some good deals.  1000 lb dolly for $8.  I might pick some of those up too. 

eta:  If you shop there often you should addon RetailMeNot for Chrome.  It automatically checks for coupons.  I'd save $7 if I order that torch which is basically free shipping.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No. Double the recommended dose of Roundup. 

I thought about this but after looking at that torch I kinda want one now.

54 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Funny, this is the one I am looking at now.  https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html

Is this the one you have?  Looking around their site they seem to have some good deals.  1000 lb dolly for $8.  I might pick some of those up too. 

eta:  If you shop there often you should addon RetailMeNot for Chrome.  It automatically checks for coupons.  I'd save $7 if I order that torch which is basically free shipping.

Ya, but mine is like 15 years old. I'm going to order that one. Hose still looks good but it's 15 years old. 

28 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I saw a guy using one around the boat launch recently. It didn't look as fun as you might be imagining it to be.

If your scared of loud noises and fire, don't buy it. It does both of those real good. 

I don't have a problem with weeds, but that looks like a nice tool to light a grill with. 

15 hours ago, fandandy said:

For burning weeds.  No matter how many times I spray Glysophate I always have weeds grow back in the drive.  Anyone ever use one of these and if yes, how well did it work?  Any tips?

https://www.amazon.com/Flame-YSN40HOG-Horizontal-Quemador-hierbas/dp/B07L5GMWGK?pf_rd_r=3HAH01YR2PF9C625ZNPD&pf_rd_p=be25f964-4afb-442f-819e-9e628b270a7c&pd_rd_r=89acd5ed-6de7-44c8-bf4f-d9cb71a4664f&pd_rd_w=rELPi&pd_rd_wg=TM7jG&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

They will always grow back, fire or roundup.  That's what weeds do.  And, its not the "same" weeds growing back...its new ones. 

If you are just gonna use Roundup....spraying the ENTIRE area (if its gravel) will be much better than spot spraying weeds.  There are teeeeeeny tiny ones...all over....that you can't even see..... when you spot spray...you don't get those...and they grow up later....so..there's that. 

You could try a ground sterilizer...should keep weeds out for the entire spring/summer/fall ...up to 12 month. Try Pramitol.

Again, weed torch....temporary. 

They work great for starting bonfires.  :thumbsup: