Sign in to follow this  
Da_Bears

Skipping This Season

Has anyone else’s league voted to skip this season with players sitting out and others contracting COVID-19?

How will it effect your league status with the host site?

Nope. 

Not yet, but I could see it happening in some leagues.

I would imagine the major host sites have this possibility in mind and will offer some sort of option to deal with it

We're still moving as if there'll be a season.  We don't draft until Labor Day weekend, so I'm pretty sure we'll know what's going on before then.

I usually start drafting sometime in June, but I haven't done a single draft yet.  I'm not sure yet if I will sit out the year, but I'm certainly not investing a lot of money in it this year.  I think that even if the season occurs, it will be some cartoon version of football with shortened schedules, no fans, players missing random months due to testing positive, etc.  I suppose if you're not Axe Elf, getting a refund for those leagues in which you are sitting in last place after following weepaw's rankings or something feels a lot better than having the season called off when your first place team is 400 points ahead of everyone else, but for Axe Elf, it isn't fun.

• Like 1

Talked with ESPN and if a league doesn’t have rosters for this season, they delete those leagues.  

So, loading last years rosters for this year to avoid losing the league settings.

13 hours ago, Da_Bears said:

Talked with ESPN and if a league doesn’t have rosters for this season, they delete those leagues.  

So, loading last years rosters for this year to avoid losing the league settings.

I had a dynasty league a few years back on ESPN, it folded but I didn't delete it, it went through at least one entire season before they removed it, it may have been two, can't remember.

So that is correct

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The redraft I have been a part of for 15 years has been canceled 😭

That sucks, think you will pick it back up next season?

8 minutes ago, polecatt said:

That sucks, think you will pick it back up next season?

I hope so. We have 3 guys move out of state the past 2 years so we will see how it goes. It's the league I like the most by far. Draft day for that league is my Christmas

If there’s even a season, COVID will cost players 3 weeks. Gonna be a massive chit show no matter what. FF is already just about as dice roley as it gets, now add this on top of it. 

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The redraft I have been a part of for 15 years has been canceled 😭

Can you expand more on why it's been canceled? Just the uncertainty of everything going on / planning the draft, etc? Or, something more specific?

I wonder if leagues should do something since this is going to be like an injury plagued season to the extreme. 

If player gets Coronavirus you can take 70% of their average score. Their backup can also be used by anybody in the league

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Can you expand more on why it's been canceled? Just the uncertainty of everything going on / planning the draft, etc? Or, something more specific?

3 guys moved out of state within the last two years. Last year the commish's sister in law suddenly passed away at a young age, so he had to step down for last year (I took over for commish for last year). So covid plus all of the other factors made one guy declare he was out for this year, and then the usual commish said he was out. Neither of those guys are even one of the three out of staters so I am not going to try to piece the league together. I'm not a good commish anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I wonder if leagues should do something since this is going to be like an injury plagued season to the extreme. 

If player gets Coronavirus you can take 70% of their average score. Their backup can also be used by anybody in the league

I don't think so. I would just as much prefer the waiver wire be more active.

Leagues though, where they have limits on free agents, may need to relax tham

18 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Leagues though, where they have limits on free agents, may need to relax tham

or add a couple of bench spots maybe?

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

If there’s even a season, COVID will cost players 3 weeks. Gonna be a massive chit show no matter what. FF is already just about as dice roley as it gets, now add this on top of it. 

I like to remove as many luck factors as possible.  

It is going to suck to have random 3 week byes for some players. On the bright side, it is better than the lingering GTD. 

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Yeah, that could work too

42 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I'm thinking along these lines in the home league I'm a commish of. We have 16 spots on our normal roster... I may add a "COVID-19" IR with two spots available. Any owner can shift a player that's on the NFL's COVID-19 list to two these spots without having to cut them.

Or you could just play the games on Madden and use the stats from that, since the real games (if any) are going to be a farce anyway.

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

It’ll be easy enough to skip, since there won’t be one.

Correct. Once they sing the black national anthem on Thursday of the 1st week, Goodell will come out and announce the season has been cancelled...and collect his $20 million $ paycheck.

We’ve decided to go this route. 

All 14 owners are still in.  

Going total points, and not total points plus Head to Head, just not sure how many games we’ll be played this season. 

Going to cut bench size from seven to only three. 

Going to have one IR bye week , if a team has more then one player , to bad. 

And unlimited IR space for a players  that text positive for the mandemic.  

Lower the about of WRs and Rbs per team, from five to three only per those two positions, makes more players available in the F/A pool. 

And players on the IR mandemic that owner can pick up any player and it won’t count towards the pick limit of 18.

Play the seasons as long as they have one   

Thanks  

On 7/17/2020 at 12:56 AM, Mike FF Today said:

I'm thinking along these lines in the home league I'm a commish of. We have 16 spots on our normal roster... I may add a "COVID-19" IR with two spots available. Any owner can shift a player that's on the NFL's COVID-19 list to two these spots without having to cut them.

I like this solution the best - maybe not defining the IR number for COVID - you get however many you need.

My club league is likely a no go.

I don't miss pro sports at this point.   Add in all their prima donna attitude about their opinions matters in the political climate, and I'm just done with it all.   

I hope college football still happens, but I don't care about NFL or FFL for that matter.    

1 hour ago, LaChup said:

We are looking at not playing if there is not a season.

Nah, go ahead and play, whether there's a season or not.

The season will just be delayed.  After Biden wins, covid is going to go away to make him look good.

If Biden wins, we’ve just celebrated our last 4th of July as a free country.  

And I agree about covid going away right after he wins. 

Mandemic at its worst.  

• Confused 2

We are changing to team QB instead of individual players to protect that position and we are adding 3 additional Covid IR slots for the other positions.

So if Jackson of the Ravens misses time do to covid , that owners automatically gets the Ravens next Qb? 

Im asking to understand how that would work, now if Jackson suffers a football injury during a game, does that owner get points from the back up that replaces him during that game, even though Jackson was that owners listed Qb? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

So if Jackson of the Ravens misses time do to covid , that owners automatically gets the Ravens next Qb? 

Im asking to understand how that would work, now if Jackson suffers a football injury during a game, does that owner get points from the back up that replaces him during that game, even though Jackson was that owners listed Qb? 

If you go with Team QB, you don't list Jackson as the starting QB; you list "Ravens QB."  Whatever stats are posted by the Ravens' QB during the game are scored for your team.

Ok thank you, I appreciate that info. 

On 7/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, The Postman said:

We are changing to team QB instead of individual players to protect that position and we are adding 3 additional Covid IR slots for the other positions.

How about the Te postion? 

Doing best ball for the year. Team QB got voted down because one guy was concerned about the Saints situation. There’s always one 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Doing best ball for the year. Team QB got voted down because one guy was concerned about the Saints situation. There’s always one 

You let one guy vote something down?  Does he have the swimming pool or something?

Really??  In three weeks nobody has questioned this post.   

It would be nice if the racists bigots kept to the Geek club.

7 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Really??  In three weeks nobody has questioned this post.   

It would be nice if the racists bigots kept to the Geek club.

🙄