Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Spermoff: Hobbies. Ever met a woman with one?

In my whole life I can’t recall a single woman with a meaningful hobby. Dated numerous different types of women and not one of them had a hobby that wasn’t social media, gym or makeup related. Their hobbies always seem to be obsessing and nagging me over what I’m doing and my hobbies rather than their own. Anyone else notice this? Take up basket weaving, paint, join a book club, do feckin something with your life instead of nag me about what I’m doing when I’m not even interesting!

My wife loves to read and do scrap booking once in a while...

Plus she loves watching baseball, hockey and college football...

My GF likes crocheting.  Just finished a new blanket for our bed.  I call her "grandma" sometimes when she's knitting.  We both enjoy attending live concerts.  Does that count as a hobby?

If drinking and watching sports count as a hobby, yes I have.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

My GF likes crocheting.  Just finished a new blanket for our bed.  I call her "grandma" sometimes when she's knitting.  We both enjoy attending live concerts.  Does that count as a hobby?

Crochet definitely, that’s something she enjoys that she can do by herself without constantly checking up on you like you are the sun and she is a planet revolving. The concerts are more like shared activities.

5 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

My wife enjoys crossword puzzles, sewing and gardening

These are nice, she can tend to the garden and make it her own how she likes it. Ive also found it rare for women to be good with plants. Never met one that can keep anything alive for any length of time. 

I think most people consider a true hobby as something that has nothing to do with the everyday lives of most people.  So music, cooking, home repair, exercise, etc are out because everyone deals with that stuff in their everyday lives.

Met a girl last night (B cup) that was big into horseback riding.  She hopes to be in the olympics.

38 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Many enjoy collecting half or more of everything a man owns. 

My ex enjoyed blowing.......

all of my money

I know they golf, they're very good at causing 5+ hour rounds. And they're very good at not giving a crap that they're causing 5+ hour rounds.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

I think most people consider a true hobby as something that has nothing to do with the everyday lives of most people.  So music, cooking, home repair, exercise, etc are out because everyone deals with that stuff in their everyday lives.

Those are some broad generalizations.  Listens to music, not a hobby.  Writes symphonies, a hobby.  Goes to the gym, not a hobby.  MMA fighter, hobby.

My wife likes to sew; in particular, she has made a bunch of quilts and done some reupholstering.  

met a woman with one what? a cack? yes of course :wub:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Those are some broad generalizations.  Listens to music, not a hobby.  Writes symphonies, a hobby.  Goes to the gym, not a hobby.  MMA fighter, hobby.

My wife likes to sew; in particular, she has made a bunch of quilts and done some reupholstering.  

so what!

In America, rarely. My sister does art stuff. Paint, refinish furniature, stuff like that. My mom knitted and croched.

Here in China, it seems like many chicks do. Usually some weird ancient artsy crap. They do chinese caligraphy, or they play this weird big ass harp thing, or some such. Once chick I dated here spent every saturday, all day, at music lessons.

My wife does all the gardening, landscaping and yard work ~ 1 acre (3/4 of which is landscaped, 25' x 25' garden)

More recreation/pastime but hiking (esp. in the rugged West) is my escape. Love getting out (at least at some point in the trail) into wide open, unspoilt land. 

If I had the time/budgeted time better, I'd do more furniture refurbishing.

Tend to bake (food) in late Fall and Winter.