Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Covid and IR

we are already adding an IR spot this year that we voted on.  We will have 3 IR spots this year, but I can see increasing it to 4 or 5 for just this year.

• Like 2

I talked to Sux about this.  In my league, we decided is that it is not fair to be able to improve your team via injury.  Meaning that you should not be able to put a player on IR, replace him, have that replacement become a stud then when the IR player comes back, drop a different marginal player.  So, we had a rule that said, "when a player comes back from IR, you have to drop that player or the player you claimed as his replacement."  We could use this for Covid or all IR.

(The first player you claim after an IR move is considered the Replacement Player, whether at the same time or later).

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:03 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

I talked to Sux about this.  In my league, we decided is that it is not fair to be able to improve your team via injury.  Meaning that you should not be able to put a player on IR, replace him, have that replacement become a stud then when the IR player comes back, drop a different marginal player.  So, we had a rule that said, "when a player comes back from IR, you have to drop that player or the player you claimed as his replacement."  We could use this for Covid or all IR.

(The first player you claim after an IR move is considered the Replacement Player, whether at the same time or later).

I disagree, you should be able to improve your team this way.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 11:16 AM, MTSkiBum said:

I disagree, you should be able to improve your team this way.

Agreed with ski bum. 

I don’t at at all understand the previous post as a 25 year FF player. 

IR is for injured players. If you replace that injured player and the replacement becomes a stud, good for you for doing your homework. You are not obligated to keep the injured guy when he comes back. You can drop whoever you want. 

your roster got worse when the player got injured why shouldn’t your roster be able to improve by the skill you used in handling that injury?

some people come up with the weirdest rules

• Like 1

I agree with SkiBum and WW. The idea of having not being able to choose who I drop when I need to move someone off IR is a nonstarter in my mind. 

• Like 1