Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Missouri camp closes after 82 campers, counselors, staff test positive for coronavirus

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Doesn’t seem to spread much on surfaces but it’s definitely airborne and masks absolutely help.

Where's the data, Mr. Science?  Don't bother looking, there is none.   They MAY help and probably do, but it's all empirical.  Still, there is plenty of evidence that masked people are getting it.  This is a very weak virus, most are.  It's not surviving very long outside of the body.  It's something else besides these water droplets.  

You know what I’m thinking now. Democrats need to win the election cuz I’m guessing this will all magically disappear if they do. 

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

You know what I’m thinking now. Democrats need to win the election cuz I’m guessing this will all magically disappear if they do. 

No. They will just switch the virus with reported cases of police brutality on blacks. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Where's the data, Mr. Science?  Don't bother looking, there is none.   They MAY help and probably do, but it's all empirical.  Still, there is plenty of evidence that masked people are getting it.  This is a very weak virus, most are.  It's not surviving very long outside of the body.  It's something else besides these water droplets.  

They don't help at all. If they did our health officials would have said so from the beginning. There are plenty of studies that prove masks do nothing to slow the spread.The science hasn't changed. The politics did.

28 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Would you have frowned upon me if I said you should absolutely wear one when they said it was not needed. Yes or no.

Huh? I don’t think I understand the question.

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

They don't help at all. If they did our health officials would have said so from the beginning. There are plenty of studies that prove masks do nothing to slow the spread.The science hasn't changed. The politics did.

They said they didnt recommend masks to save them for healthcare workers.  The verbiage has changed to "face covering".  If a "face covering" was so effective, why wait so late to recommend them?  There was NOTHING prohibitive for them to them to recommend it early on. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I was traveling early March through airports when the same people said not to wear the mask. The same subject matter experts you cite. These braniacs could not determine the value of a 2 cent mask with a pandemic going on across the pond and heading over here. That to me is the real pandemic. Believing what y

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If they said tomorrow, correction. We now know the virus is spreading through the eye cavity, not breathing. Everyone can drop the mask. Go get swimmer goggles. Would you do it or stand by your mask data.

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

They said they didnt recommend masks to save them for healthcare workers.  The verbiage has changed to "face covering".  If a "face covering" was so effective, why wait so late to recommend them?  There was NOTHING prohibitive for them to them to recommend it early on. 

People like Fauci laughed at people who wanted to wear a mask. He said they only make you feel safer. They don't do anything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Read this story this morning....only counselor not infected was the ONE guy wearing a mask, his name was Jason.

Quality

You don’t need data to support masks. Simple logic will tell you that less stuff comes out of your mouth into the air around you when your mouth and nose is covered. Use physics and level1 basic logic, not the news. 

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

You don’t need data to support masks. Simple logic will tell you that less stuff comes out of your mouth into the air around you when your mouth and nose is covered. Use physics and level1 basic logic, not the news. 

Exactly it's like building a fence to stop the wind.

16 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Not arguing, I took physics but people with more paper on the wall than me clearly stated it was not needed in early MAR. I was going to wear it traveling in airports just using good old common sense based off good general knowledge. I have a serious problem now with anything they say. I do not trust them at all. 

It was a very simple determination and they failed. A lot of this going on with other information like deaths. Someone can't die of it if they are pulled off life support for another illness unrelated to the virus. It's not connected to the virus. Why people are accepting this nonsense. It should be a national outrage. 

22 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yup.  I wish we could some people to wear muzzles