Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Trump deploying DHS agents to Portland?

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

accordance with the federal structure of the United States government, the national (federal) government is not authorized to execute general police powers by the Constitution of the United States of America. The power to have a police force is given to each of the United States' 50 federated states.

Welp, grounds for impeachment. Get the gang back together. They got him this time! 

9 hours ago, MDC said:

The mayor said protests had been winding down until the feds showed up. Now the Antifa folks are protesting the feds. Obvious political stunt by Don to take the focus off his failure on covid and tanking poll numbers. Sad!

Protest are legal. Why would the mayor want legal protest to wind down?

addition to BOP personnel, the Justice Department has also deployed agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the US Marshals Service. Other agencies outside the Justice Department have also been activated. These include the Federal Protective Service (FPS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Secret Service, and the US Park Police.

While it is unclear to what extent the various agencies are involved, an article in BuzzFeed reported that the DEA has been granted jurisdiction to “conduct covert surveillance” and collect intelligence on protesters. The Park Police have helped assault protesters with smoke canisters and pepper balls.

The involvement of CBP is particularly noteworthy. On May 29, the agency flew a Predator drone (also known as the Reaper) over Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the wake of protests there. This vindicates the analysis of the WSWS, which has always maintained that while agencies such as CBP and ICE are ostensibly directed towards external “threats,” in actuality the buildup of these forces is ultimately directed against the working class in the US.

48 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I just took a quick gander at the FBG thread on this, those people make me want to punch a baby seal to death.  Anyway... this is one of those topics where I just sorta scratch my head and wonder how this can be divided along political lines.  I get topics like healthcare, abortion, death penalty, taxes... lots of good arguments on both sides.

But how does a significant portion of the country condone a terrorist organization take over significant portions of a major city under an extremely weak guise of protesting about the convenient dead black guy that makes the whole thing woke err... possible.  @IGotWorms, how can you not only abide this happening in your city, but support it and drink the MSM koolaid they are spoon-feeding you?

No way this happens in Phoenix.  City of Phoenix has a dem mayor, but our version of dems are a little more centrist.  This Antifa horseshiot would last about 4 hours before the governor would step in.  Hell, when the protests were in vogue a few months ago, my daughters went to them downtown.  They mentioned on multiple occasions that inside the downtown police precinct was a large group of officers in riot gear standing at attention waiting to restore order if needed.  My daughters saw them, others saw them.  And lo and behold, things were peaceful.

Then again, the people here were actually protesting things, not like the thug animal terrorists which have taken over Portland.  I doubt that 1/4 of them know the name of the convenient dead black buy. Pathetic.  

I haven’t “abided” anything. Just saying maybe stop the gestapo bullsh1t. Governor wants to call up the national guard or what have you — great. :dunno:

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Resident Troll was renting a room before he moved into his woman’s house.  Kick that around for a bit.  And he wants things radically changed. 

🤣. Of course he was/is.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

accordance with the federal structure of the United States government, the national (federal) government is not authorized to execute general police powers by the Constitution of the United States of America. The power to have a police force is given to each of the United States' 50 federated states.

Is the United States exercising general police powers or enforcing Federal law? 

22 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

addition to BOP personnel, the Justice Department has also deployed agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the US Marshals Service. Other agencies outside the Justice Department have also been activated. These include the Federal Protective Service (FPS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Secret Service, and the US Park Police.

While it is unclear to what extent the various agencies are involved, an article in BuzzFeed reported that the DEA has been granted jurisdiction to “conduct covert surveillance” and collect intelligence on protesters. The Park Police have helped assault protesters with smoke canisters and pepper balls.

The involvement of CBP is particularly noteworthy. On May 29, the agency flew a Predator drone (also known as the Reaper) over Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the wake of protests there. This vindicates the analysis of the WSWS, which has always maintained that while agencies such as CBP and ICE are ostensibly directed towards external “threats,” in actuality the buildup of these forces is ultimately directed against the working class in the US.

🤣. Working class.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I haven’t “abided” anything. Just saying maybe stop the gestapo bullsh1t. Governor wants to call up the national guard or what have you — great. :dunno:

Liberal idiot #1 has a Muslim fetish.  You have a Nazi fetish.  Plus, both of you Turkeys lie all the time.  Are you complaining that the Governor wants to call up the National guard?  He should have done that last week.

• Like 1

Just now, Casual Observer said:

Liberal idiot #1 has a Muslim fetish.  You have a Nazi fetish.  Plus, both of you Turkeys lie all the time.  Are you complaining that the Governor wants to call up the National guard?  He should have done that last week.

Good lord you’re slow :(

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Maybe amazon has bread inside

WTF is wrong with those entitled focks?

Member when the bored lefties were all up in arms when the Obama/Biden administration called in the feds to remove a handful of peaceful protesters that took over an abandoned wildlife refuge? 

Yeah, me neither. 

GFY 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Member when the bored lefties were all up in arms when the Obama/Biden administration called in the feds to remove a handful of peaceful protesters that took over an abandoned wildlife refuge? 

Yeah, me neither. 

GFY 

I bet Worms was all for it. 

All their studio apt rent is going to go up to help pay for all the damages. Lawsuits are coming. Even animals know not to crap where they sleep.

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

All their studio apt rent is going to go up to help pay for all the damages. Lawsuits are coming. Even animals know not to crap where they sleep.

Not from a liberal point of view. They just blame capitalism on everything. Communism or bust!!!

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Your governor and the Portland mayor have shown no regard for the people living in or owning businesses in areas invaded by the Antifa terrorists, for a ridiculous period of time.  If you have not contacted your government or moved to get them replaced with people who would uphold their oaths to protect you, then you have indeed abided them.

But hey, it's probably not your section of Portland, so you can easily maintain the liberal distant holier-than-thou attitude.  :cheers:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Your governor and the Portland mayor have shown no regard for the people living in or owning businesses in areas invaded by the Antifa terrorists, for a ridiculous period of time.  If you have not contacted your government or moved to get them replaced with people who would uphold their oaths to protect you, then you have indeed abided them.

But hey, it's probably not your section of Portland, so you can easily maintain the liberal distant holier-than-thou attitude.  :cheers:

I seriously don't know how anyone doesn't get this first point you made.

It doesn't even have to affect you personally to be pissed off about this does it? It's the USA for God's sake. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bet Worms was all for it. 

Pretty sure he was. 

3 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Is the United States exercising general police powers or enforcing Federal law? 

Let's see, local protesters on local territory and not federal property. Hmmm

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Local protestors who were attacking and trying to gain access to a Federal building.  Try to keep up.  Plus, Antifa is a terror org.

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Hey look, its mr misinformed again. Change the channel bozo, don't you get sick of being lied to by them ?

Just woke up. Are libs still defending the organized destruction of public and private property? 

Yep. Because Trump.

• Like 1

Once again, the people who say there is no difference between the 2 sides....  Local and state Democratic leadership are letting their communities be destroyed, they don't give a sh!t about the hard working tax paying citizens in their own districts.  The differences couldn't be more obvious.

Trump has escalated the situation by inviting anarchists from all over the country to come to my city for a fight.  

There's no clear exit strategy.  How many of these federal officers are even trained in riot control? 

Today Trump said "Portland was totally out of control, and they went in, and I guess we have many people right now in jail.  We very much quelled it."  🙄WTF?  

This is going to get much much worse before it gets any better.

4 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Trump has escalated the situation by inviting anarchists from all over the country to come to my city for a fight.  

There's no clear exit strategy.  How many of these federal officers are even trained in riot control? 

Today Trump said "Portland was totally out of control, and they went in, and I guess we have many people right now in jail.  We very much quelled it."  🙄WTF?  

Ah yes, the violent anarchists and their supporters using the old "look what you made me do" defense.

8 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Protestors and rioters have been traveling to cities for a while. I live in a city of 225,000 in the Midwest and they had rioters bused in from Chicago.

15 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

No doubt. Nearly two months was not enough time. 

13 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Ah yes, the violent anarchists and their supporters using the old "look what you made me do" defense.

His city is a liberal cesspool that is in the news every 6 months for failing it's citizens in favor of woke dirtbags.    Trump's fault.  🤣

On 7/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, drobeski said:

Democrats are the fruit of all problems in this country. Rotten disgusting evil human beings whom the majority of are complete losers at life.  

There are also a large number of very rich who want to “pull up the ladder”  so others can’t achieve what they have. They don’t want it to be too crowded at the top or people moving past them.

IThe state's lawsuit specifically highlighted the case of Mark Pettibone, a demonstrator who was snatched off the street by federal officers in the early hours of July 16, put into a van and brought to the federal courthouse

----------------------+-+-

you see kids, being snatch that box of Street and dragged into a federal courthouse does not constitute attacking Federal property....😏

Some of these people being body snatched have multiple arrest, some on Federal facilities and were released by the State. I seriously doubt the Feds are grabbing innocent people just observing and casually eating a PowerBar. I think most people know this but want to project outrage when they don't know all the facts. Very similar to the Duke Lacrosse Team. People flailing around screaming rape blah blah then the truth come out and their balloon is popped. 

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

IThe state's lawsuit specifically highlighted the case of Mark Pettibone, a demonstrator who was snatched off the street by federal officers in the early hours of July 16, put into a van and brought to the federal courthouse

you see kids, being snatch that box of Street and dragged into a federal courthouse does not constitute attacking Federal property....😏

Months of "peaceful protests and demonstrating". They are such feel good people it warms my heart. 

9 hours ago, Smileseers said:

So Trumps fault. JFC you clowns are insufferable. 

19 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So he didn't do nuffin?  He did something to warrant being arrested.  Was he being brought to the Federal Courthouse to be arraigned for violation of Federal law perhaps?

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2020/7/19/21330653/trump-may-deploy-federal-agents-to-chicago-this-week-portland-style-response-an-option

Trump may deploy federal agents to Chicago this week: is Portland-style response an option?

If Trump sends a Portland-style military action to Chicago, it would represent a dramatic escalation between Trump and Mayor Lightfoot.
By Lynn Sweet Updated Jul 20, 2020, 8:09am CDT

President Donald Trump and his administration hinted Sunday that federal agents may be deployed to Chicago as soon as this week to crack down on protests and gun violence in a military-style response similar to Portland, Oregon.

If Trump sends a Portland-style action to Chicago, it would represent a dramatic escalation between Trump and Mayor Lori Lightfoot regarding how to deal with the city’s ongoing battles against gun violence and demonstrations against racial injustice and police brutality.

In a Sunday Twitter post, Trump said, “The Radical Left Democrats, who totally control Biden, will destroy our Country as we know it. Unimaginably bad things would happen to America. Look at Portland, where the pols are just fine with 50 days of anarchy. We sent in help. Look at New York, Chicago, Philadelphia. NO!”

Lightfoot on Monday said she has “great concerns” about the use of federal agents, given what had happened in Portland.

“We don’t need federal agents without any insignia taking people off the streets,” Lightfoot said at a morning news conference.

Damn right it is Trump's fault for deploying federal police on a city that does not want his troops here, never requested his help.  This is completely political and Trump doesn't give a rat's sh!t ass about Portland Oregon.  

Trump has ESCALATED the situation here.  Can anyone argue that??

Mark Pettibone was released after about two hours because he DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

1 minute ago, Smileseers said:

Damn right it is Trump's fault for deploying federal police on a city that does not want his troops here, never requested his help.  This is completely political and Trump doesn't give a rat's sh!t ass about Portland Oregon.  

Mark Pettibone was released after about two hours because he DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

You think the elected democrats in Portland care about Portland?

12 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

City officials already escalated things to the max and proved they couldn't do anything and were willing to let themselves and the rest of the country be overrun by idiots. Unless, they were in on it. Which seems about right. 

• Like 1