Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Trump deploying DHS agents to Portland?

8 minutes ago, riversco said:

Lightfoot on Monday said she has “great concerns” about the use of federal agents, given what had happened in Portland.

“We don’t need federal agents without any insignia taking people off the streets,” Lightfoot said at a morning news conference.

It would seem that this past weekend I accurately predicted the talking points.  Unmarked vehicles, no insignia, the HORROR$#@!$#!@#$  Never mind that you completely abandoned your constituents.

This is the inane talking point the MSM is trying to ram down our throats.

@wiffleball seems to have drunk a double shot of this stupidity.  :(

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Damn right it is Trump's fault for deploying federal police on a city that does not want his troops here, never requested his help.  This is completely political and Trump doesn't give a rat's sh!t ass about Portland Oregon.  

Trump has ESCALATED the situation here.  Can anyone argue that??

Mark Pettibone was released after about two hours because he DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

You’re absolutely correct but you’re also talking to the wrong crowd here. This place is to the right of Mussolini 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re absolutely correct but you’re also talking to the wrong crowd here. This place is to the right of Mussolini 

I don't think you answered me this weekend, and now with the caveat that you care about your soon to be ex wife:  would you feel comfortable having her or your daughter walk through the Portland combat zone?  

As a bonus, what would you tell an owner of a business in that same combat zone?  "Sorry not sorry BLM BIPOC anarchy errrr... revenge errrr... reparations!  Doesn't matter to me, my suburb community is safe.  Take one for the team comrade!  Just don't let them in my neighborhood."  :dunno:

46 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Damn right it is Trump's fault for deploying federal police on a city that does not want his troops here, never requested his help.  This is completely political and Trump doesn't give a rat's sh!t ass about Portland Oregon.  

Mark Pettibone was released after about two hours because he DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

Lmao....the mayor of Portland and Governor of Oregon don’t care.

I would love to see Lightfoot and this silver spoon Portland panzie Harvard mouth in some real crisis with them smack dab in the middle of it. No sitting in some mansion in the rear. If these anarchists had real balls they would take it to their gated  cul de sacs instead of measley statues and burger joints. They all deserve each other.  Epitome of puzzie azz warfare.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Mussolini would ban dissidents from posting here.  And then have them shot.  This is a free board that let's people converse on topics.  If you want Mussolini, you might be thinking of some other board about fantasy football and politics.

Absolutely amazing how easily some will completely abandon the most fundamental aspects of American ruler of law just because they blindly follow a draft dodging former TV reality star.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Meh.  In 2020 Amerika, anyone who is to the right of AOC is considered to be a racist reactionary. 

56 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't think you answered me this weekend, and now with the caveat that you care about your soon to be ex wife:  would you feel comfortable having her or your daughter walk through the Portland combat zone?  

As a bonus, what would you tell an owner of a business in that same combat zone?  "Sorry not sorry BLM BIPOC anarchy errrr... revenge errrr... reparations!  Doesn't matter to me, my suburb community is safe.  Take one for the team comrade!  Just don't let them in my neighborhood."  :dunno:

I already answered some other similar inane drivel here. It’s a false dichotomy. I’m not either for looting and lawlessness or for gestapo secret police tactics. There a whole lot of middle ground there like the city of Portland and the state of Oregon taking care of it themselves, like they’re supposed to be left to do under our federalist system. Or if they feel like they need federal assistance then they can ASK for it. What you don’t do is send in unidentified goons in unmarked vehicles without even being invited by the local authorities.

They were attacking federal property, trying to destroy it. Portland didn’t protect it. That property is ours, not Portland’s. So tough shite if you don’t want the feds to protect it. You don’t have a say. If the Biden supporters were to attack the CDC in Atlanta would you not want that protected? How about the super max prison In Colorado? 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I already answered some other similar inane drivel here. It’s a false dichotomy. I’m not either for looting and lawlessness or for gestapo secret police tactics. There a whole lot of middle ground there like the city of Portland and the state of Oregon taking care of it themselves, like they’re supposed to be left to do under our federalist system. Or if they feel like they need federal assistance then they can ASK for it. What you don’t do is send in unidentified goons in unmarked vehicles without even being invited by the local authorities.

The goons are the rioters. HTH

• Like 1

The Federal Government does not have to ask nicely. It took the liberal leadership 3 days to call for help in the LA riots. These fvckers are letting this linger and stew for weeks to stab the the working middle and upper middle class they despise. I would take it a step further and send in the Marines like 92 and open the gates of hell far and wide. Hoping I get recalled.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, MDC said:

I don’t know how a sane adult male thinks masked government agents in unmarked cars detaining people without cause against the wishes of the mayor and governor is a good idea.

I just figure you’re a complete spineless Trumper hack. :dunno: 

I don't know how a same adult male thinks said mayor and governor completely abandoning their duty and allowing lawlessness to continue unopposed for weeks is acceptable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Oh, so the guy was picked up, questioned and released.  Sounds like the Gestapo all right.

Is this another one of the FBG accounts?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You switched to Mussolini after I pointed out your Nazi fetish.

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't know why you came back here to continue lying like this.  If you don't understand Fed law enforcement agencies enforcing Fed law, you may as well turn in your bar license.

• Like 1

I wonder how Biden feels about the riots in Portland and Seattle and elsewhere. Not the “peaceful “ protests, but the violence. Why hasn’t he spoken out about it, one way or the other? Why hasn’t  he even been asked? 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

If they had done this the Feds wouldn't have had to step in.

6 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

I don't know why you came back here to continue lying like this.  If you don't understand Fed law enforcement agencies enforcing Fed law, you may as well turn in your bar license.

He doesn't have a bar license.  HTH.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

If they had done this the Feds wouldn't have had to step in.

So your beef, as someone who doesn’t even live there and really doesn’t know sh1t about the situation, is with with mayor of Portland and governor of Oregon. Great. If you actually lived there you could vote them out for perceived incompetency :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So your beef, as someone who doesn’t even live there and really doesn’t know sh1t about the situation, is with with mayor of Portland and governor of Oregon. Great. If you actually lived there you could vote them out for perceived incompetency :thumbsup:

We can all see you disagree with how it’s being handled. What do you think should be done? Productive discourse can’t all be finger pointing. Should the property not be protected, let the mob have it and destroy it? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We can all see you disagree with how it’s being handled. What do you think should be done? Productive discourse can’t all be finger pointing. Should the property not be protected, let the mob have it and destroy it? 

He's a hack.  Governor and Mayor declared a state of emergency, vandals violated it, Mayor did nothing.  Dereliction of duty.  They swore to uphold the laws and they aren't doing it.

I , (name), do solemnly (affirm or swear) that I will support the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of Oregon and the Charter of the City of Portland and its laws; I will faithfully, honestly and ethically perform my duties as (Mayor/Commissioner/City Auditor); I have no undisclosed financial interest in any business located in Portland or having contracts with the City; I hold no other office or position of profit; and I am not a member of any committee of any political party.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What don't I know about it Worms?  Clearly you're more informed.    🍿

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

He's a hack.  Governor and Mayor declared a state of emergency, vandals violated it, Mayor did nothing.  Dereliction of duty.  They swore to uphold the laws and they aren't doing it.

They also forget the whole “against all enemies, foreign AND domestic “ that, as far as I know, politicians vow to do. 

When the Democrats flatly refuse to protect people from rioters, yeah the Federal government needs to step in.

Reports are that the local Police Unions circumvented local leaders and asked for Federal help

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Absolutely amazing how easily some will completely abandon the most fundamental aspects of American ruler of law just because they blindly follow a draft dodging former TV reality star.

Every picture or video I’ve seen has the DHS people in this camo type gear with POLICE on the front and patches on the arms.  I must be missing something, could be?

And they are arresting / detaining people in the streets, at night, during all this nonsense. (Cause).

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

Reports are that the local Police Unions circumvented local leaders and asked for Federal help

You'd have to question their sanity if they didn't.

5 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Well done guys, protecting people is what its all about, they took action to protect the good people from the bad, cant ask for much more

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Every picture or video I’ve seen has the DHS people in this camo type gear with POLICE on the front and patches on the arms.  I must be missing something, could be?

And they are arresting / detaining people in the streets, at night, during all this nonsense. (Cause).

Am I wrong?

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Am I wrong?

You’re like a child, who wanders into the middle of the movie...

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Every picture of the DHS agents I've seen they have POLICE right there on the front.   So why do people keep saying otherwise?  Is it not a fair question?

Kind of a simple question.  Why not just answer?

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is it a slasher movie where the evil authorities show up in UNMARKED VEHICLES?! 😯

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Every picture of the DHS agents I've seen they have POLICE right there on the front.   So why do people keep saying otherwise?  Is it not a fair question?

Kind of a simple question.  Why not just answer?

I have a cap that says FBI but if you look closely it actually says, and get this, Female Body Inspector 😊

Look, if you want to disagree and get upset at the DHS coming in and helping the local law enforcement enforce the law and protect buildings from looting - burning - vandalism that has been going on for damn near two months then fine.  But that's a policy decision.  People are free to disagree on any policy decision they wish.  Honestly I think you'd fine a lot of right wing people just want to see these cities sleep in the bed they made and watch it burn.

What it's NOT is unconstitutional.  What they are NOT is military.  What they are NOT is unmarked.  What they are NOT is some Gestapo.  All of that nonsense people heard it on their news outlets from their favorite opinion person and ran with it.  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Look, if you want to disagree and get upset at the DHS coming in and helping the local law enforcement enforce the law and protect buildings from looting - burning - vandalism that has been going on for damn near two months then fine.  But that's a policy decision.  People are free to disagree on any policy decision they wish.  

What it's NOT is unconstitutional.  What they are NOT is military.  What they are NOT is unmarked.  What they are NOT is some Gestapo.  All of that nonsense people heard it on their news outlets from their favorite opinion person and ran with it.  

Dude, you're talking to one of the most ignorant people on the planet who never cares about facts, just his feelings.  Is it really worth it?

37 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Look, if you want to disagree and get upset at the DHS coming in and helping the local law enforcement enforce the law and protect buildings from looting - burning - vandalism that has been going on for damn near two months then fine.  But that's a policy decision.  People are free to disagree on any policy decision they wish.  Honestly I think you'd fine a lot of right wing people just want to see these cities sleep in the bed they made and watch it burn.

Do you read any other posts before tossing this junk out there? :huh:

Criminals destroying and defacing a federal building.  The City of Portland needs to get it under control and there would be no need for DHS to be there.  It's crazy to blame this on the DHS presence, what about the 7+ weeks leading up to this?