Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

FFToday July PPR Mock

Results and rules found here.......

https://fftoday.com/mock/20_july.html

I'm assuming there will also be a write up done by an FFToday contributor in the coming days but feel free to provide feedback. 

Cool write up. 

Thanks. 

I think the worst first round pick was Chubb, it’s a ppr league, and Hunt is going to be the Browns ppr rb. 

Worst picks round two, Jackson and Mahomes, never take a Qb that high, to many good very good Rbs and WRs still on the board. 

And also A Robinson why? Still had Juju, M Evans , Golladay on the board, that was really a interesting pick, and might be the most remorseful one in this draft based on what other WRs where still available and round he was drafted in.  

Round 4, D J Moore, I’m not that excited about him this season, they did add R Anderson, and their Qb is that great T Bridgewater, mmm. 

Mark Ingram won’t come close to his ff production last season, Dobbins isn’t going to sit on the bench until Ingram has a injury , I think Dobbins will be on the field early and often. 

I think Gurley was the best pick in round 2. 

I think both Golladay and Edwards-Helaire best two picks in round 3. 

And both Kupp and A Brown best two picks in round 4. 

I find it interesting that R Woods was picked before Kupp,  I have them neck to neck myself , even have taken both on mock drafts. M

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think the worst first round pick was Chubb, it’s a ppr league, and Hunt is going to be the Browns ppr rb. 

Worst picks round two, Jackson and Mahomes, never take a Qb that high, to many good very good Rbs and WRs still on the board. 

And also A Robinson why? Still had Juju, M Evans , Golladay on the board, that was really a awful pick, and might be the worst one in this draft based on what other WRs where still available and round he was drafted in.  

Round 4, D J Moore, I’m not that excited about him this season, they did add R Anderson, and their Qb is that great T Bridgewater, mmm. 

Mark Ingram won’t come close to his ff production last season, Dobbins isn’t going to sit on the bench until Ingram has a injury , I think Dobbins will be on the field early and often. 

Allen Robinson is a much safer pick than Juju. He doesn't offer the same upside, but we saw thst juju could be a bit of a fraud without AB to take coverage. Plus we don't know if Ben's arm can hold up. At least Robinson is the reliable receiver that the qbs know they can count on.

The most receptions Holladay has in a season is 70. He had 65 last year. Robinson had 98.

And yet Golladay avg 15:6 points per game ppr and Robinson 15:9.  

And Stafford played only half the season, with Stafford back and no real starting caliber Qb for the Bears, I dont see Robinson having 98 rec once again, and I do see more rec for Golladay plus more tds than his 11.  

Big Ben is already reporting his arm is just fine, I think he’ll be just fine, I think JuJu will rebound , and now how about Evans? 

I think Robinson was a bad pick ppr with those other better players with better qb playing with them.  

And you should have upgraded your Rbs by picking R Jones, instead of going back to back tes.  

Thanks. 

Round 16, I think Ebron to back up Kelce was a great pick. 

Hard to believe the Perriman lasted until the 15 round.  

C Hyde in the 14th round was a great pick up, Penny is going to miss a lot of time, and Carson gets banged up a lot, plus he has those fumble issues, and the drafter always owners Carson. 

G Tate lasted into the 13th round , also a surprise, he could be the rec leader with the Gmen. 

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

And yet Golladay avg 15:6 points per game ppr and Robinson 15:9.  

And Stafford played only half the season, with Stafford back and no real starting caliber Qb for the Bears, I dont see Robinson having 98 rec once again, and I do see more rec for Golladay plus more tds than his 11.  

Big Ben is already reporting his arm is just fine, I think he’ll be just fine, I think JuJu will rebound , and now how about Evans? 

I think Robinson was a bad pick ppr with those other better players with better qb playing with them.  

And you should have upgraded your Rbs by picking R Jones, instead of going back to back tes.  

Thanks. 

Golladays ppg were pretty close when Stafford was and was not playing, so thst argument doesn't hold much water. 

If the Bears offense can be any better I expect arobs efficiency to go up. Where the offense in Detroit is probably about the same. 

Really.mm.  With Stafford ppr, Golladay scored 141 points for a eight game avg of 17.6.  

Eight games without Stafford, Golladay scored 109 points for a avg of 13.6.  

Four points per game is a lot.  

I don’t see the Bears being better on offense, I think they’ll be worst.  

Plus 154 targets, he won’t have that many targets, on a team that doesn’t have a starting caliber Qb, I see a uptick for Miller this season. 

And R Ridley.  

like you said about Golladay never having more than 70 rec,  Robinson never had 154 targets nor 98 rec before 

at season, so Golladay could and will top those 70 rec.  

Now you said the Lions offense would be the same, so if they the Lions offense is the same with Stafford , than Golladay will avg 17 points per game ppr , to 15 for Robinson, I’ll take the player with more ff points. 

So I still say with Golladay and Juju and Evans still available, the Robinson  pick was awful at that point.  

Thanks for your reply.

As the picker of Robinson, I'll respond.

Robinson, with Trubisky as his QB, got 154 targets and 98 catches.  You say with "no real starting caliber Qb for the Bears, I dont see Robinson having 98 rec once again".  At worst he will have the exact same QB.  At best he'll get a better one with Foles under center.  Why could he not produce similar numbers? 

Evans:  The only real competition for targets in the Bears offense is Anthony Miller.  Evans has to compete with Godwin (who most believe is now the #1 in Tampa) as well as Tommy's best friend Gronk.  Plus, I don't think the Bucs are going to sling it deep as often as they did with Winston under center.  That isn't Brady's bread and butter.  And it is a major part of Evans' game.    

JuJu is a question mark.  He very easily could be better than Robinson, but as Frozenbeernuts pointed out, he very easily could be much worse.  In my second/third round pick, I wanted something with more stability.  

Golladay:  This would have been my pick had I not gone with Robinson.  With Stafford back, I predict WR1 numbers from Golladay.  I think at the end of the year their numbers will be very similar, but I went with someone who has already proven it.  

I can see an argument being made for any of those three guys over Robinson.  But, I can clearly make an argument for Robinson over them.

To call Robinson "an awful pick", much less the worst pick of the draft,  is a little imperceptive.

Nope, said might be the worst pick, with those  other WRs available. 

I appreciate your opinion about my judgement of your pick. 

I don’t understand your statement about Golladay, you went Robinson because he’s proven what, even with 33 more rec they both avg the same amount of ppr ff points, with  Golladay  avg above that when Stafford was playing.  I think he Golladay proved he can produce, and even doing so without Stafford , but with Stafford he could be a top five wr, you won’t get production out of Robinson. Robinson will need 98 rec once again to even get close to his ff production, he avg 11.7 yards per rec last season,  Golladay avg 18:3  

And with Stafford back after having 65 rec last season, and only having Stafford on board for half the season, with Stafford the whole season, I can easily see Golladay having a 80 plus rec total, and that with his hig avg per rec and more tds than Robinson makes that pick of Robinson awful. 

Thanks. 

You are going to quibble over "might be"?  All right.  I'll correct my statement:  To call Robinson "an awful pick", much less one that might be the worst pick of the draft,  is a little imperceptive. 

And I appreciate your opinion about my explanations as to why I picked him.

When I said "proven it", I meant he has proven it in the sense that he has put up the receptions with the targets.  In 2018 (in a full season with Stafford) Golladay put up 70/1063 (in a season where the #2 and #3 WR didn't make it through the season, which should have left Golladay as the clear cut #1 like Robinson was last year).  Robinson is returning to the same offense with either the same QB or a better one.  I'm not sure why it is so easy for you to say Robinson can't do what he did last year (in, virtually, the same situation if not better), but then turn around and say Golladay will do something that he hasn't done yet.  

You've explained why you think picking Robinson in regards to Golladay was so awful.  I'd be interested to hear why it was so awful in comparison to JuJu and Evans.

Thanks.  

Your welcome, and I do once again thank you for taking the time to respond to my judgement of your draft pick. 

On best regards to M Evans, you already gave the answer, he has history.  He’s never scored less than 200 points in a ppr ff season. 

Now I do agree with your assessment about the passing game with Brady at the helm, he’s not the gunslinger as Winston was, but Evans who avg two more points per game in ppr than Robinson last season, and he Evans only had 67 rec, which he could easily double down with Brady at Qb, but Evans is a playmaker, and one can easily see Robinson based on his low yard avg isn’t.  

Juju is a little tougher, he had two really good seasons , and than pow last year was a below par season,  but in ppr and even with horrible Qb play, he still avg 9 points per game, and did total 60 ff ppr points in the first six games, but since you mentioned what frozen said , with Big Ben at the helm, he simply has a higher ceiling, plus he has two good seasons as history. Now I know the return should be , but he doesn’t have a history as the Steelers true wr1, but so far as the Steelers wr1 he only played one game with Big Ben, and that game was another Steelers 3-33 blow out lost to the Patriots, and Ben posted his worst points total in over two seasons in that game, but Juju still posted 13 ppr ff points. 

As for Robinson and his history with the Bears, he’s had two season , he avg 11:9 in his first season and 15:9 last season, so which history would you count since he’s been with the Bears, I’ll middle it , that’s how I’m seeing this season for him, I don’t think the bears have improved at the Qb postion, I don’t think Foles is better, we saw that last season when he put played with the Jags.  So I think he’ll avg about 13 points per game. 

But also look at A Miller, his first 8 games in ppr he scored 21 total points, second half of the season he scored 56 points, I think his game will grow into a bigger role with the Bears this season. 

Im think drafting Robinson is a good pick, But in the second round ahead of those others. 

You made some really great points on why you did pick him in the second round, and I appreciate those points. 

The OP said to leave comments and so far the ones I have, I’ve posted, looks like I’m the only one , no disrespect to you,  your  or own rankings, just my comments. 

Thanks you for the reply, I truly appreciate you. 

I appreciate your thought out response.  And your willingness to share your opinions in a somewhat dead forum.  

I don't disagree with much of what you've said (except maybe that Foles is not better than Trubisky), which is why I agree that all four should be very close in rankings and could be interchangeable in a draft depending on personal preference.  

What I took issue with was the declaration that it was an 'awful' pick and maybe the worst one of the draft.  As it was my pick, I was probably more sensitive about it than I should have been, but even if it wasn't I would have argued against the thought.  

I just took a look at fantasypros, which averages the "experts" rankings.  For a PPR league the four WR's in discussion here are ranked as such:  

7.  Robinson   8.  Golloday   9.  Evans   10.  Smith-Schuster

Clearly, all four have very similar value.  The majority of experts think Robinson has the most upside of the four.   

I don't think picking one over the other is "awful", nor would it qualify for "maybe the worst pick in the draft".  But, you are entitled to your opinion.  And, I suppose, I need to respect it.  Even if I think you are way off.  😛

Ok I apologize for my strong attitude towards your picks, and I changed my words that I used, not that you asked me to, but out of respect for you and your own opinions about the pick you made, and i appreciate your reply’s and the way you stood up for your pick.  

Now look at my original post , and you’ll see I changed my wording.  

Thanks , it’s been fun to talk about ff and not the covid.  

I took a look at some mock drafts adp, the non experts. 

And based on avg 12 team ppr. 

Golladay is being drafted 7tt best at the wr postion. 

Evans is being drafted 8th best at the wr postion 

Robinson is being drafted at 10th. 

And JuJu at 12.  

Based on three sits I looked at.  

Again those rankings aren’t the experts picks , just the command fantasy football owner.

• Like 1