Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Why does it seem people are calling everyone a hero these days?

I hear it and see signs all over the place about all these "heroes" are out working. .

Since when is needing to earn money heroic?

I am a hero and my job is essential and you can't take that away from me!

Imagine the stories that will be told to my grandchildren about the great pandemic of 2020.  Your pappy was a hero?  Really?  What did he do?  He was a clerk.  He sold lottery tickets and beer.  OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

• Haha 1

Also when people say that the pandemic is proof that essential workers are underpaid. "Essential worker" is the wrong term for a grocery store cashier. The job may be essential. The person doing it is not. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like its the participation trophy of words. Anyone can be a hero. All it takes is another person to call them that.  I watched a guy today go shopping with his kids....a real hero. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I feel like its the participation trophy of words. Anyone can be a hero. All it takes is another person to call them that.  I watched a guy today go shopping with his kids....a real hero. 

That was actually t.j .booker and those aren't his kids.

• Haha 3

Just now, fandandy said:

That was actually t.j .booker and those aren't his kids.

Even more of a hero. Taking someone elses kids grocery shopping? He needs a...trophy....for like...participating 

5 minutes ago, posty said:

@Utilit99, you are a hero bringing this up...

Thank you. I saved mine and my girlfriend's lives over the past couple days by heroically venturing into a spore-filled grocery store to buy us food. It was frightening. :shocking:

It's focking retarded 

It is social engineering.  If you accept the MSM and their designation of certain people as "heroes", you then also accept their designation of other people are "villains".  Like Trump.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

You spelled dooshbag wrong

Correct, it's spelled T-o-m-m-y-G-a-v-i-n. 

And if you need more lessons, "doosh" is spelled d-o-u-c-h-e. :lol:

I was awarded a Purple Heart and earned a Bronze Star. I am no fvcking hero. Want to call a grocery delivery person a hero, sure. I do not give a s!@#, it's subjective. I have higher standards though. Someone donating an organ while still alive is a god damn hero. Someone who dies but ends up saving others in the process is a hero. Someone who knows they are likely going to die but says fvck it to save others is a hero.  

• Confused 1

If everyone is a hero then is anyone a hero?  

- Deep thoughts by Jack Handey

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

And if you need more lessons, "doosh" is spelled d-o-u-c-h-e. :lol:

And you can’t spell it correctly with the filters. 👍🏻

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

And you can’t spell it correctly with the filters. 👍🏻

douche?

18 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Also when people say that the pandemic is proof that essential workers are underpaid. "Essential worker" is the wrong term for a grocery store cashier. The job may be essential. The person doing it is not. 

The job isn't even essential.  Every grocery store I've been in over the last few years, here in NJ at least, has self-checkout.  Walmart, Target, Home Depot, and Lowes does as well.  Now, they're not totally self checkout, but if the stores wanted to go that route, it can be done.

For some reason I can’t start a new topic in the GC so I’m just going to post it here. Thought some of you might actually like this rap song. 

At this point, if you’re a straight white tax paying, law abiding citizen how could you possibly vote for Biden and his agenda? You have serious issues if you do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

For some reason I can’t start a new topic in the GC so I’m just going to post it here. Thought some of you might actually like this rap song. 

The message isn't the reason I don't listen to rap.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

The message isn't the reason I don't listen to rap.

I thought it was kind of catchy too. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought it was kind of catchy too. 

That may be.  I didn't listen.  I'm not a fan of the genre.  I have no problem with it.  For those who like it, have at it... enjoy.

I used to like some of Will Smith's stuff back in the day.  I was told by many black people that Will Smith wasn't "real rap".  :dunno: When I listened to what they said was "real rap", I had no interest.  Haven't listed since.

22 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I hear it and see signs all over the place about all these "heroes" are out working. .

Since when is needing to earn money heroic?

Its the liberals calling everything heroic.  Remember, they are the ones that think 9th place deserves the same accolades as 1st place.  Everything is heroic to them, if done by another liberal. 

Wait till we have to hear how heroic teachers are.  

22 hours ago, fandandy said:

I am a hero and my job is essential and you can't take that away from me!

Imagine the stories that will be told to my grandchildren about the great pandemic of 2020.  Your pappy was a hero?  Really?  What did he do?  He was a clerk.  He sold lottery tickets and beer.  OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!

Budweiser needs to start making commercials again.  "Real men of genius" but put a hero spin on it.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wait till we have to hear how heroic teachers are.  

Ugh, that's so true.  I know a middle school teacher, he's 27 years old.  He said it's ridiculous that Trump wants teachers to go back into the classroom.  Now understand, he said this while being in a bowling alley surrounded by people ages 18 to 65... to note, people over 40 outnumber people under 40, 4 to 1.

I asked him, "Aren't your students, the 10-14 years olds, among the best demographic of those who catch and spread the virus?  Aren't people packed in this bowling alley among the highest demographic to catch and spread the virus?"  His exact response: "Yeah, but I'm only here twice a week, not 5 times a week."  Seriously, that was his reasoning.  :doh:

Just one of those terms that had lost all meaning. Hero used to be a 20yr old kid who dropped everything to go get shot at on battlefields so we can sleep peaceful at night. Now a hero is a trans boy who had the strength to post on his social media that he was vegan and black lives matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ugh, that's so true.  I know a middle school teacher, he's 27 years old.  He said it's ridiculous that Trump wants teachers to go back into the classroom.  Now understand, he said this while being in a bowling alley surrounded by people ages 18 to 65... to note, people over 40 outnumber people under 40, 4 to 1.

I asked him, "Aren't your students, the 10-14 years olds, among the best demographic of those who catch and spread the virus?  Aren't people packed in this bowling alley among the highest demographic to catch and spread the virus?"  His exact response: "Yeah, but I'm only here twice a week, not 5 times a week."  Seriously, that was his reasoning.  :doh:

The way most teachers approached distance learning I can see why they don’t want to go back.  Easy money.  

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The way most teachers approached distance learning I can see why they don’t want to go back.  Easy money.  

Yup.

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

douche?

Douche-bag gets deleted Without the -

7 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Douche-bag gets deleted Without the -

And you still try to hard. Relax dude. Seriously.

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This.