Sign in to follow this  
StarkNakedRU

Keeper League (First time/year)

My league of ten years decided last year to start a 2 player keeper league.  I now have about two weeks to make some decisions and really need some advice. 

I have a 10 team PPR league on ESPN.  8 starters 6 bench team.  Must play QB, RB(2), WR(1), WR/TE(1), Flex(1), D, K.  Apparently we can save 0-2 players from last season(would not get to pick the first or second rounds of draft depending on how many I save).  If we all save two, that could mean the top 20 players removed from draft before it even starts. I already know I will have the 5th pick in the draft and it is snake format.   I have done well in my league and tend to draft 1 if not two RB's in the first two rounds of draft.  My third round would then prob be WR, unless I saw value RB still not taken.  I like my RB's.

Looking at my roster from last year and comparing it to an ADP list,  I have Tyreek Hill WR ADP 10,  Nick Chub RB ADP 12,  and Austin Ekeler RB ADP 19 are all that I have within what is considered the top 20 players by ADP.  I am leaning towards keeping Tyreek Hill and Nick Chub but never doing this format before and being uncomfortable picking a WR in either the first or second round normally I am wondering what you fine folks with more experience would consider.

Leaning away from keeping Chubb in PPR. Those passes he got, writing isn't even on the wall. Dried up with Hunt now upgrades at WR. Couldn't even start him in the playoffs. Took some balls to bench him but it was the right call. Ended up winning. 

His division is also tough. But, hard to get decent RB's in keepers so not faulting anyone for keeping him. Two keeper though, there has to be somebody with more upside on passes available. Only way I would keep Chubb is if his schedule looked better in the playoffs. Last year awful.       

• Like 1

Agreed

• Like 1

I would definitely keep Tyreek Hill and probably Chubb. I've played in dynasty leagues for a long time and he just has more long term value.

Ekeler is a good RB in PPR, but players like him, receiving RBs just aren't as reliable year to year as a workhorse like Chubb.

The Cargers entire offense is going through a bit of a change without Rivers. The QB is far from established. It's hard to tell if a new QB, especially a rookie may check off to Ekeler as much. Plus, he's not going to get many rushing attempts. If Justin Jackson or another RB plays well, it could really limit Ekeler's value.

Plus you have to look at it beyond just this season, and I think Chubb certainly has more long term value.

It's a close call but I would keep Chubb.

I think in ppr Ekeler gets the my pick over Chubb, I think Hunt will take more work from Chubb than last season, and even more so in ppr. 

Interesting stats, in non ppr last season first four games, those  four games M Gordon and Hunt neither of them played in. 

Non ppr Ekeler scored 74 points and Chubb without Hunt on the active roster those first four games scored 72 points, non Ppr

When I look at the Chargers roster, Ekeler could be their best over playmaker, and yes with Taylor they do have a question mark at Qb. 

When I look at the Browns , I think they have a lot more play makers , and a question mark at Qb.  

Im not exactly excited about keeping Ekeler, but in ppr I think I would over Chubb.  

Untill I liked that up, I didn’t know that was the case.