lesjroza

Antonio tweets he's done

Seen a few smart guys advocate taking him in drafts for the upside risk/reward....... but I wonder how much they can stomach after the latest post.

It could be a contract ploy aimed at a team he was close with, but if so, and this continued behavior isn't the final warning flag then I guess any team that signs him will get exactly what they deserve.

AB

·
53m

at this point the risk is greater than the reward thank you everyone who been part of this journey i sincerely thank you for everything! life goes on 84!

He was done as soon as he was gone from the Steelers.

I had him on one of my dynasty teams and I dropped him like the 2nd or 3rd week of the season last year. He got picked up immediately, and dropped not long after. He was picked up again, and he's still on that team. He's on a team in all 4 of my dynasty leagues. It's funny how some people will hold onto players in dynasty. I think Josh Gordon still is on a team too, 🤣

41 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think Josh Gordon still is on a team too

Josh Gordon has been ruining fantasy football teams (of those who don't listen to Axe Elf) since 2013, although he's probly more likely to play this year than Brown.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Josh Gordon has been ruining fantasy football teams (of those who don't listen to Axe Elf) since 2013, although he's probly more likely to play this year than Brown.

I’m sure that’s only isolated to the leagues your associated with. 

Thanks , I appreciate you 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah he has, and people still fall for it, lol

I was lucky enough to have him his one big season and then traded him and some trash RBs for Julio Jones

On 7/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, polecatt said:

I had him on one of my dynasty teams and I dropped him like the 2nd or 3rd week of the season last year. He got picked up immediately, and dropped not long after. He was picked up again, and he's still on that team. He's on a team in all 4 of my dynasty leagues. It's funny how some people will hold onto players in dynasty. I think Josh Gordon still is on a team too, 🤣

The Josh Gordon one I really don't get. His head isn't into being a good football player. He doesn't look like he really gives a shlt. Just trying to use his raw athleticism to collect a check for his next bender

The wackjob who gave up millions because his IQ is lower than his jersey number was. I hope he gets a job at the Pittsburgh airport cleaning urinals.

20 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The Josh Gordon one I really don't get. His head isn't into being a good football player. He doesn't look like he really gives a shlt. Just trying to use his raw athleticism to collect a check for his next bender

As sad as that is, I would still say it's more of a plan than Antonio Brown has 😆

I thought about it in auction. Track record of players returning mid season has not been great though recently. M. Ingram, G. Tate. Hunt did ok but totally not worth sand bagging a spot that long.

He could be a league winner but the stars would have to line up perfect. Playoff bound team, desperate at WR, large bags of targets. I would only entertain it if confirmed return NLT WK 5. If anything, throw him up there early for like $1 and sand bag another roster when the put up $2.         

And now he's wanting the NFL to finish the investigation of him so he can play again, 😂

dont worry.  he will change his mind 10 times before retiring one last time.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, polecatt said:

He actually looked pretty good in Raider camp last year, all things considered. Dude was making some sick grabs, and had plenty of juice even with freezing his feet. He overplayed his hand with the Clown act, and that window slammed down right on his fingers. They close quickly in this league, especially when you're a knucklehead.

All he had to do was come into Oakland, work for about 70 catches and 900-1,000 yards, and he could have walked away a few million richer with a puncher's shot at a gold jacket.

Now the fool will never wear it. 

13 minutes ago, R8RMick said:

He actually looked pretty good in Raider camp last year, all things considered. Dude was making some sick grabs, and had plenty of juice even with freezing his feet. He overplayed his hand with the Clown act, and that window slammed down right on his fingers. They close quickly in this league, especially when you're a knucklehead.

All he had to do was come into Oakland, work for about 70 catches and 900-1,000 yards, and he could have walked away a few million richer with a puncher's shot at a gold jacket.

Now the fool will never wear it. 

Oh, I think he's still capable of playing football from a physical standpoint. I think he could still be a 1000 yard receiver for the next couple of seasons or so if it were just on the field concerns.

I think he's incapable of playing due to off the field concerns. I don't think he can go through a full season, or even close, without some sort of big issue or incident.

He's gone off the deep end. He's not coming back. I'm sure the Steelers came to that same conclusion when they let him go

1 minute ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Anyone taking a flier?

Just snatched him up in a couple of leagues. He's 32 years old and a nut-job.....so not expecting much.

6 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Deciding if I should drop Ertz for him. They have about the same production this year.

At this point I'd drop Etrz for Joe Horn.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Anyone taking a flier?

Dropping juju for him. Upside is just too much...if he sucks? Probably sucks as much as juju, AJ Green, etc....can just go back and get them.

9 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Anyone taking a flier?

7 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Just snatched him up in a couple of leagues. He's 32 years old and a nut-job.....so not expecting much.

6 minutes ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Deciding if I should drop Ertz for him. They have about the same production this year.

I couldn't imagine anyone axually picking up AB at this point, but I was curious about my own leagues--and he has already been picked up in all 5 out of 5!  LOL!

I could see maybe someone taking a flier in the 20-teamer, but in the 10-teamer?

Can't wait til Josh Gordon is reinstated too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As I said, not expecting much. However, in all fairness, josh Gordon could never carry AB's jockstrap.

If AB lands in Seattle, what role will he have anyway, 3rd receiver? 

47 minutes ago, jrokh said:

If AB lands in Seattle, what role will he have anyway, 3rd receiver? 

I own DK and am not the least bit concerned if Seattle signs AB.

If I had a scrub that I was never going to play, I might add AB just to see what happens, but I am in no way dropping a viable player for someone not on a team, with doubt they even want to play, and will not be a top option on whatever team they sign with. Again, maybe if I add an endless bench but I don't so I won't.

He's not really any different than the numerous other players in similar situations.

That would be, once they were a fantasy star, they fizzled out for any number of reason, his would be insanity, then they need money so they come back after significant time off.

They very, very rarely come anywhere close to their peak. If you're lucky, he will be a flex player. The odds are, he's worthless.

He was picked up, the owner dropped Hardman for him, now that’s a pretty good move.  

But I was hoping for someone to drop someone worth picking up.  

Antonio Brown has more upside than the last guy on most team's bench.  

I picked him up today.  The hype will build and hopefully I can package him in a trade in coming weeks.

• Like 2

We have deep benches so I have no problem dropping one of my 8-10 pts/wk guys on my bench for AB.

I have 6 bye week flex spot starters warming my bench and only one flex spot to fill each week. AB will most likely do jack shite but in the 3% chance he hits then I have a WR starter for the stretch run.

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I couldn't imagine anyone axually picking up AB at this point, but I was curious about my own leagues--and he has already been picked up in all 5 out of 5!  LOL!

I could see maybe someone taking a flier in the 20-teamer, but in the 10-teamer?

most of us have more than 2 man benches axy boy 

AB is a great bottom of the bench penny stock play.  I dropped Damien Harris for him in a deep bench full ppr.

If he signs with Seattle, TB or GB there will be value.   Either he is a flex/bye week replacement or someone will take him as an appealing trade add-on.

10 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Antonio Brown has more upside than the last guy on most team's bench.  

Bingo. I dropped Jeff Wilson for him so really no risk whatsoever on my part here. If he gets picked up and actually plays maybe he'll produce. I'm not counting on anything other than if I did NOT block him, an opponent would grab him and he would undoubtedly go off against me. Been that kind of year.

Those are all great moves, nothing to lose.  Even the owner in my league, I thought dropping Hardman for A Brown was a great move.  

2 hours ago, BobSanders_33 said:

If he signs with Seattle, TB or GB there will be value

GB would be premium. I think that in Seattle or TB it would take a WR injury for him to have true value.