JScott

Draft Commentary

After my trade with Rurb, I'm sitting at 1.10. I'll likely be looking to trade back further if anyone wants to move up.

44 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I thought Pittman was going in round 1. Very happy to get him at 2.4.

Lots of WR talent in this draft.  I can’t believe I got Reagor at 2.08. 

I was debating between Regor and Higgins.  Pittman was in the mix as well if he fell that far.  Not sure what your board looks like, but I had a feeling you were going RB at 2.06.  So I went Moss.  Moss/Gibson were my top two of those left.

47 minutes ago, Twinsdad said:

I was debating between Regor and Higgins.  Pittman was in the mix as well if he fell that far.  Not sure what your board looks like, but I had a feeling you were going RB at 2.06.  So I went Moss.  Moss/Gibson were my top two of those left.

Reagor, Higgins, Pittman, plus 2 others still there were all pretty even for me at WR.  I think this is a really talented class. I probably would have taken Higgins just because I’m a Clemson alum, but I drafted him in my other dynasty so there’s something to be said for spreading the risk. 

I’m really sold on Gibson and because of all the talent at WR I grabbed him first knowing I’d be happy with my WR options. 

I’ll just note here, Danzone and GHoo, you both have some very non-exciting trade offers on RTS. If it doesn’t appeal to you, no biggie. We’re talking borderline waiver fodder trades. 

5 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Reagor, Higgins, Pittman, plus 2 others still there were all pretty even for me at WR.  I think this is a really talented class. I probably would have taken Higgins just because I’m a Clemson alum, but I drafted him in my other dynasty so there’s something to be said for spreading the risk. 

I’m really sold on Gibson and because of all the talent at WR I grabbed him first knowing I’d be happy with my WR options. 

Aiyuk and Shenault were the other two. Lots of WR talent.

• Like 1

I was hoping for Herndon, but fock it. If Gronk's Gronk, he's worth it. If not, well, third round rookies are a gamble anyway.

I was hoping people would let Gronk slip down to me. I don’t need him, but it would be fun. 

Even though I am not in contention this year how about we increase the dues slightly and create something for the winner.  I forget what it costs to run the league but if we all threw in 25 or 30 bucks if would seem we would have enough to pay our dues and have a nice prize for winner, maybe even runner up.

3 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

I was hoping for Herndon, but fock it. If Gronk's Gronk, he's worth it. If not, well, third round rookies are a gamble anyway.

I went back and forth between Herndon and Gronk but finally decided to go with CH because my team is a steaming pile of baby poop and adding Gronk for a year or two isn’t gonna change that.

15 hours ago, DBurr1969 said:

Even though I am not in contention this year how about we increase the dues slightly and create something for the winner.  I forget what it costs to run the league but if we all threw in 25 or 30 bucks if would seem we would have enough to pay our dues and have a nice prize for winner, maybe even runner up.

I’m fine with whatever. 

17 hours ago, DBurr1969 said:

As-is or $25 extra is fine with me.

Ok boys and girls.  We are getting to the end here.  I have 1 guy left I like and would like to take a flyer on.  Anyone want to trade me their 4th?  I'd give a bench guy obviously and not a young prospect I just drafted.

I’m all done or maybe I’d help. 

Im going to likely waive a couple of guys and go waiver hunting once that opens up. Any ideas when that might go?  No preseason now so at least that’s not worry. 

To be fair we should do a waiver wire week based on last year's standings before full fledged free agency is enacted.

Well always open up Free Agency after the draft usually in July.   But obviously we're running a late, so I changed it to August 3rd @ Noon EST until the season starts.  

34 minutes ago, DBurr1969 said:

To be fair we should do a waiver wire week based on last year's standings before full fledged free agency is enacted.

The draft pretty much functions as the first waiver wire of the season, with first come first serve opening a couple weeks after.

I'm not against a $20-$25 fee.  If we did $25 and it could break out something like this:

• 12 teams x $25 = 300
  • $8 RTSports fee ($96)
  • $204 to pay out whatever we may see fit.  

My idea is pay out $8 to each division winner ($32), and then $172 to the overall winner.    We could pay out more or less.

5 hours ago, rurbaniak said:

Well always open up Free Agency after the draft usually in July.   But obviously we're running a late, so I changed it to August 3rd @ Noon EST until the season starts.  

Works for me - 

Hey anyone who wants Darwin Thompson or Gus Edwards, you take your chances during waivers or offer me a 4th now.