Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Teams More Likely to Be Infected

I thought the chart in this article was kind of interesting.  It shows which teams live in more infected metropolitan areas, so if you're torn between, say, a Dolphins player, in Miami where COVID is rampant, and a Bills player, in Buffalo where COVID is mild, you might lean toward the Bills player.  If you're still doing fantasy football, of course.

NFL Team Cities by COVID Cases

If there are NFL games I’m playing ff. 

Secondly. They the people that made this mandemic, said the heat would hurt the spread of this thing they made, so how come the cooler places have less of a spread?  Also of course one would take the Bills player over a Dolphins player based on ff, what position wouldn’t you? 

Allen over Dolphins Qb  

Singletary and Moss over Howard and Brienda  

Diggs over Parker.  

And does this even out if the Dolphins play the Bills? 

Thank you, I appreciate you. 

From the Department of Overprocessing, we present...

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Secondly. They the people that made this mandemic, said the heat would hurt the spread of this thing they made, so how come the cooler places have less of a spread?  Also of course one would take the Bills player over a Dolphins player based on ff, what position wouldn’t you? 

Allen over Dolphins Qb  

Diggs over Parker.  

...but I'll humor you, because what the heck, there won't be football in any recognizable form, anyway.

Cooler places have less of a spread because...  they are cooler places.  Fewer people live there.  Fewer people travel in and out of there.  People leave their homes less often, for shorter times, and are dressed more protectively when they do.

In your beginner non-PPR leagues, I'd take Jordan Howard over all three of the other RBs...

Chicago as more population than Miami, so I don’t think so.  

The heat was supposed to stop the spread, but yet this mandemic keeps going only because the government wants it to.  

I was hoping you would take Howard lol.  

And I play in only one non ppr league, it’s not leagues , it’s a league. 

Hey have a fantastic night, alway a pleasure teaching you something at least twice a day.  

Thank. Mm. 

Ps, what happens when the Bills play the Dolphins , which team as the covid disadvantage than? 

I’ll be back.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Allen over Dolphins Qb  

Diggs over Parker.  

It doesn't spread nearly as much in places with warm, more tropical climates. The thing is, everybody lives and goes in buildings where there is AC, and that's probably where it spreads.

Look at countries like Vietnam or Cambodia. Very warm, tropical climates for the most part, even more so than Southern Florida but the people rarely go in places with AC. Not much of an outbreak.

The cooler places had more of a spread at the start but it's stabilized. Now it's hit the Southern states more.

Yes it has hit the southern states more, in which is interesting, they kept saying the warmer the weather the less of a spread, but places like Texas where it’s very hot, they are reported even higher numbers, I just don’t really believe the numbers, I believe that thy made this virus and it’s real, but not anything more than the flu, if a person dies from a motor cycle accident and they did text positive for this man made virus they mark it down as another virus death. Yeah I think these numbers are being fixed.  

Thanks. 

I don't put a lot of stock into what they're saying on TV and all of that. It's way too politicized at this point to be reliable.

I would like to just see some raw data and draw my own conclusions, but even that's hard to do now.

50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yes it has hit the southern states more, in which is interesting, they kept saying the warmer the weather the less of a spread, but places like Texas where it’s very hot, they are reported even higher numbers, I just don’t really believe the numbers, I believe that thy made this virus and it’s real, but not anything more than the flu, if a person dies from a motor cycle accident and they did text positive for this man made virus they mark it down as another virus death. Yeah I think these numbers are being fixed.  

Thanks. 

I'm sure the World Health Organization is waiting to hear what someone who can't rank numbers in order thinks.

I don’t have a tv, so I put no stock into fake news , what i hear and see going on right here in good,ol Reno Nevada , tells me all I need to know about how fake those number are.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I'm sure the World Health Organization is waiting to hear what someone who can't rank numbers in order thinks.

No I don’t believe in what their trying to sale me. 

But you do, I’m sure of it, sitting in there in your place that you call home with that mask on your face and gloves on your hands. 

Now you thy would listen to, you’ve bought the cool aid.  

Thanks, I always appreciate your input. 

Chow. 

Ok, sorry , I’ll move on. 

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

That's weird.  It appears to be taken from the site I linked in the OP, but the site says 59, not 95... and they both say they were updated today.  Wonder what gives...?

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's weird.  It appears to be taken from the site I linked in the OP, but the site says 59, not 95... and they both say they were updated today.  Wonder what gives...?

Yep, they changed the number to 59. It definitely said 95 earlier today. Also, I didn't take a screenshot but just yesterday, I'm pretty sure it said 60-something (62?) as of 7/17. Hmmm... 🤔

I heard on NFL Radio today that something like 85 people tested positive, out of 2800 tested, so around 97% tested negative.

As for the OP, I don't think the NFL will play because of government and logistics, not because of the players or others testing positive.  I'm not at all concerned about the players because I think they'll do their due diligence, but I am about the government.  Nothing political, just stating that each governor has their own way of doing things.  Like I mentioned in the other thread, NJ wants people to quarantine 14 days before being in public.  If they don't give the NFL an exemption, then I don't see how any team can comply with that when they have to play the Giants or Jets.

Those funny little silly numbers , they just can’t seem to get them right.  

Same thing happens almost every single day here in Reno. 

One day the hospital beds are full of covid patients, next day only 43% full. 

Next day.  

How did they lose those other people.  

Oh those silly numbers.  

59 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, NJ wants people to quarantine 14 days before being in public.  If they don't give the NFL an exemption, then I don't see how any team can comply with that when they have to play the Giants or Jets.

I thought I had explained this to you already.

What is quarantine?  Isn't it when you are sequestered in a hotel or something, having no contact with the public?

Well, you see, when an NFL team comes to town, they are in quarantine--they go to their hotel, they play the game, they go back to their hotel, and they leave--all without having contact with the public.  So that's how the NFL can comply with the quarantine requirement--they don't have to complete 14 days of quarantine before they play the game as long as they remain in quarantine throughout the time of their visit.

14 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I heard on NFL Radio today that something like 85 people tested positive, out of 2800 tested, so around 97% tested negative.

As for the OP, I don't think the NFL will play because of government and logistics, not because of the players or others testing positive.  I'm not at all concerned about the players because I think they'll do their due diligence, but I am about the government.  Nothing political, just stating that each governor has their own way of doing things.  Like I mentioned in the other thread, NJ wants people to quarantine 14 days before being in public.  If they don't give the NFL an exemption, then I don't see how any team can comply with that when they have to play the Giants or Jets.

I don't think it will be an issue for teams traveling to NJ.

NJ Exceptions have been made for "business travel," and NFL players are included in those considered traveling to NJ for business. So, no quarantine. Players will have to test negative for COVID-19 twice, though, before being allowed into team facilities.  

27 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don't think it will be an issue for teams traveling to NJ.

NJ Exceptions have been made for "business travel," and NFL players are included in those considered traveling to NJ for business. So, no quarantine. Players will have to test negative for COVID-19 twice, though, before being allowed into team facilities.  

That's fine.  I asked the question before and didn't get an answer.  I know @AxeElf tried to state a work around, but there's a 0% chance that the teams (players, staff, etc), could enter the state and not come into contact with the public.  If they fly in, are the airports devoid of people?  At the hotel, are they devoid of employees?  I mean, it's totally impossible for teams to have no contact with citizens.

With what you read, did it say anything about whether the negative tests had to be consecutive?  I heard that with MLB, the players weren't allowed to be at the facility unless they tested negative 2 times in a row.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's fine.  I asked the question before and didn't get an answer.  I know @AxeElf tried to state a work around, but there's a 0% chance that the teams (players, staff, etc), could enter the state and not come into contact with the public.  If they fly in, are the airports devoid of people?  At the hotel, are they devoid of employees?  I mean, it's totally impossible for teams to have no contact with citizens.

With what you read, did it say anything about whether the negative tests had to be consecutive?  I heard that with MLB, the players weren't allowed to be at the facility unless they tested negative 2 times in a row.

I no longer live in NJ (Cleveland), but having grown up there I am in contact with many still there. As far as the NFL goes, Teams don't fly in to Newark, they fly into a small private airport called Teterboro, where they will have little to no contact with anyone outside of the handful of employees who are vigorously tested. My understanding is it is just like MLB, 2 conecutive negative tests.

29 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I no longer live in NJ (Cleveland), but having grown up there I am in contact with many still there. As far as the NFL goes, Teams don't fly in to Newark, they fly into a small private airport called Teterboro, where they will have little to no contact with anyone outside of the handful of employees who are vigorously tested. My understanding is it is just like MLB, 2 conecutive negative tests.

Cool.  I thought they flew in to Newark.  Teterboro makes sense for all sports teams though.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know @AxeElf tried to state a work around, but there's a 0% chance that the teams (players, staff, etc), could enter the state and not come into contact with the public.  If they fly in, are the airports devoid of people?  At the hotel, are they devoid of employees?  I mean, it's totally impossible for teams to have no contact with citizens.

Even without the info regarding the different airport, I'd like to ask you what your idea of quarantine is, as it relates to anyone else coming into the state by air.

Does New Jersey have special accommodations in their airports for incoming flights where passengers can walk right off the plane and into their own personal quarantine bubble for 14 days before they can leave the airport and go to their hotel?  Or does it mean that they go through the airport normally and are sequestered at a hotel or other designated area for 14 days?  I suspect it is more likely the latter, so again, the team would be following the same quarantine protocol as everyone else--they would just be playing the game during the period of their quarantine, and leaving town again before the 14 days are up.  They would never be out of quarantine the whole visit.

This is from the Official Site of the State of New Jersey:

"Travelers and residents returning from impacted states should self-quarantine at their home, a hotel, or other temporary lodging. Individuals should only leave the place of self-quarantine to seek medical care/treatment or to obtain food and other essential items. As one example, no one who has traveled to or from a state on the COVID-19 hotspot list should be participating in or attending an in-person graduation ceremony.

The self-quarantine is voluntary, but compliance is expected."

So individuals in quarantine can go to their hotel, get food, and play NFL games.  The last sentence makes the whole question moot, as it's voluntary anyway--no one would need an official exemption or exception.

On 7/20/2020 at 10:02 PM, weepaws said:

Secondly. They the people that made this mandemic, said the heat would hurt the spread of this thing they made, so how come the cooler places have less of a spread?  

I think its more about population density than it is about climate.

climate plays a role.   but only in the sense that if it is very cold, people will spend more time indoors (and closer together)

they say that heat kills the virus, thus lowering the risk.

so my guess is that one roughly offsets another.

it is likely more about population density.  Here in Canada, rural areas largely have little to no Covid infections.  it's all in the cities.   The larger the City, the more and greater number of infections.

going together with this, I'd assume there are various risk factors.   ie. people who wear masks likely have a lower rate of infection compared to those not wearing masks.    

I have noticed that the Anti mask movement is very strong in places where Covid is running wild.

This is no guarantee that that this is the cause.  I'm just noting the correlation which may or may not be related to the cause.

either way, this isnt football discussion, I probably shouldnt have answered the question, but I have.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, AxeElf said:

On 7/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, Mike FF Today said:

Yep, they changed the number to 59. It definitely said 95 earlier today. Also, I didn't take a screenshot but just yesterday, I'm pretty sure it said 60-something (62?) as of 7/17. Hmmm... 🤔

...and today there IS no Testing Results tracker.

lol

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

...and today there IS no Testing Results tracker.

lol

Yeah, they took the COVID-19 player tracker down.