Sign in to follow this  
Gypsybrat

2020 Season

Let me know if you are alive and playing this year!!!

I really dont want to play the "what if" game, nor try to invent a bunch of rules for stuff that may or may not happen.  Gonna treat this year like any other year with maybe the only concession being adding a couple more IR spots.  If half your team gets sick or twists an ankle, all the same to me.

The only thing we need to really concern ourselves with is if the season is completely cancelled at some point after it begins.  If this happens, this is what I propose we do:

Obviously no playoffs can happen.  We will use all COMPLETED weeks for records.  Champion will be decided by best record and ensuing tie breakers.  2nd place to last place will be decided in the same manner.   We can then use these standings for next years draft positioning.

I will offer this though, I will pay for the league website and we can play this year for bragging rights only.  No money involved.  That way if something weird happens, we can just say oh well and no one really gets screwed.

No way I would play (as a money league) if the FF season outcome is determined by standings at the time of league cancellation. Every FF player knows you just have to get into the playoff dance to have a shot at the title and the best regular season record often means jack.  Not to mention the potential unfair strength of schedule some teams may face early on, prior to a covid season cancellation. 

in the event the season is cancelled, our fantasy season should be cancelled as well and roll over to next year, plain and simple. 

if the season is just for bragging rights, then okay but if money is in the line, even our small sum, it would need to be rolled over to 2021. 

I was on the fence but down for another rookie draft and another season, however in the Hopefully unlikely event of an NFL season cancellation, if we go with this proposed way of determining 1st, 2nd, etc in a pay league..... count me out. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

No way I would play (as a money league) if the FF season outcome is determined by standings at the time of league cancellation. Every FF player knows you just have to get into the playoff dance to have a shot at the title and the best regular season record often means jack.  Not to mention the potential unfair strength of schedule some teams may face early on, prior to a covid season cancellation. 

in the event the season is cancelled, our fantasy season should be cancelled as well and roll over to next year, plain and simple. 

if the season is just for bragging rights, then okay but if money is in the line, even our small sum, it would need to be rolled over to 2021. 

I was on the fence but down for another rookie draft and another season, however in the Hopefully unlikely event of an NFL season cancellation, if we go with this proposed way of determining 1st, 2nd, etc in a pay league..... count me out. 

I am all for cancelling the season right now.  I foresee nothing but bitching this year from you guys.  

If we dont have a season, how do we decide on next years draft order?  As commissioner, that is my only real concern. 

2 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

I am all for cancelling the season right now.  I foresee nothing but bitching this year from you guys.  

If we dont have a season, how do we decide on next years draft order?  As commissioner, that is my only real concern. 

I think this group is supposed to biitch, no? :lol:

either way, take my post not as bitching but as my statement that you would have to replace me if we decide to go with a pay league that could award prize money based off 8 or 10 weeks of regular season action. 

League just for bragging rights this year? Sounds good to me.

League is kept as a pay league but in the event of NFL season cancellation we simply roll the money over to next season?  Even better to me.

I don't think you can cancel the season. I would think a rookie draft this year still needs to happen to be fair to all owners based on last years standings.... at which point we might as well run the league even if its just for bragging rights.

As for a draft order next year, it's only an issue if the NFL cancels the season at any point. If that happens (which we hope it wont) then you could either use 2019 final standings or 2020 truncated standings for a draft order.  Draft order really isn't AS important as determining 1st-2nd-3rd and payouts.  

Infidels are in whatever the decision is.  Like all the womenz say, I'm easy.  I would suggest .that we pay as normal and just do a full refund if the season is cancelled.

• Like 1

In.

we should draft.

play season as usual, unless called by nfl.

if called early, no payout. Rolled to next year.

next year’s draft based on either 19 standings or 2020 when cancelled

• Like 1

I'm in, good with the usual fees or playing for fun.  If we do pay, I agree the best way to handle a shortened/cancelled season would be to roll over the fees to the next season.  I feel like we could all chip in and help cover the cost of the MFL site for the year.

Agree that we need to draft.

If the season is shortened, maybe we could do a weighted draft lottery based on 2020 standings when it was cancelled?  I dunno - good with whatever here too - I think the 2020 standings would be a better gauge than the 2019 standings though.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, Bier Meister said:

In.

we should draft.

play season as usual, unless called by nfl.

if called early, no payout. Rolled to next year.

next year’s draft based on either 19 standings or 2020 when cancelled

This

It's not looking good to me...seems like we're still waiting on 3 geeks to confirm they're in.  Might be hard to get replacement owners in a year like this, imo. :(

PMs sent to CBF, Vudu and Raiders, fyi

Vudu is in... Still waiting to hear from CBF and Raiders, hoping they don't d1ck out.

And then there was one...doosh named cbfalcon who hasn't been around since Monday. 

Gyp/Sux

Kut

Beer

White

Dog

Bum

Beir

Train

Med

Vudu

Raider

Of course I am in. Whatever you all decide is fine by me as far as rules and stuff goes.

I only ask that someone reaches out waiting on me for something. Because this website and sports in general have been way off my radar. I only even thought to check here today because I  got an email where some no hoper type team was already dropping players. 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Of course I am in. Whatever you all decide is fine by me as far as rules and stuff goes.

I only ask that someone reaches out waiting on me for something. Because this website and sports in general have been way off my radar. I only even thought to check here today because I  got an email where some no hoper type team was already dropping players. 

What's the best way to reach you cause I sent you two emails and a pm and you didn't respond to any of them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

What is keeping you so busy?

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

Speaking of a lot of teams need to drop players, stat. 

Once everyone gets to the 25 player roster limit, I will open up trading.