Sign in to follow this  
Strike

The left is now the right

Been saying this for years.  I used to be a Liberal and hated the “Right wing wackos”.  It’s completely reversed today.  Libtards are the intolerant ones, the violent ones, the real wackos.

38 minutes ago, Strike said:

The far left just takes whatever stance is opposite of the right wing.  When the right wing said dirty magazines were immoral, the left embraced them.  Then the right wing embraced dirty magazines, so the left said they were disrespectful of women and women should cover up more.  The far left just wants to destroy the country and they do it by opposing everything.

Just like the Iraq War.  The left totally opposed it, and said things like "Iraq didn't attack us".  Then Obama is president and he bombs Libya and they didn't attack us at all in any sense and we're cooperating with us.  Democrats suddenly didn't care. 

The far left does not have policy positions.  They just oppose.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, riversco said:

The far left just takes whatever stance is opposite of the right wing.  When the right wing said dirty magazines were immoral, the left embraced them.  Then the right wing embraced dirty magazines, so the left said they were disrespectful of women and women should cover up more.  The far left just wants to destroy the country and they do it by opposing everything.

Just like the Iraq War.  The left totally opposed it, and said things like "Iraq didn't attack us".  Then Obama is president and he bombs Libya and they didn't attack us at all in any sense and we're cooperating with us.  Democrats suddenly didn't care. 

Fvcking A...well said. 

Sometimes Taibbi falls back into his "I write for Rolling Stone and I am a liberal" mode.   I thought this article was good but I also think he muffed it by trying to equate some religious right wingers trying to get intelligent design taught in schools 50 years ago with what's going on now.    That's a fly swatter and a machine gun kind of analogy.      But he is one of the very few true libs who won't just toe the line.    He's been very harsh on his fellow journalists about Russia-gate coverage and coverage of the Trump admin.     Which is pretty unique.   

He's on my short list of "must read" writers.    And he and I are pretty far apart politically.      If you don't read his tweets and his articles, you are missing out.    For even more entertainment, read the comments to his articles or tweets.    It's mind blowing.    A whole bunch of people just going at him for being a "Trump apologist" and a republican toady.     He's one of the few who actually responds sometimes to the comments.    It's pretty funny,  he didn't vote for Trump, has probably never voted republican in his life, has trashed Trump and other republican administrations,  but he writes a couple of articles that are entirely accurate and factual in their criticisms of the dems and the media - and voila - he's republican mouthpiece!

13 minutes ago, riversco said:

In voting for the Iraq war  almost 40% of Democrats voted in favor of the war with 82 Yaes, 126 Naes and one abstention.

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Sometimes Taibbi falls back into his "I write for Rolling Stone and I am a liberal" mode.   I thought this article was good but I also think he muffed it by trying to equate some religious right wingers trying to get intelligent design taught in schools 50 years ago with what's going on now.    That's a fly swatter and a machine gun kind of analogy.      But he is one of the very few true libs who won't just toe the line.    He's been very harsh on his fellow journalists about Russia-gate coverage and coverage of the Trump admin.     Which is pretty unique.   

He didn't equate an intelligent design debate from 50 years ago to today.  The ID issue he referenced happened in 2004/2005:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

He didn't equate an intelligent design debate from 50 years ago to today.  The ID issue he referenced happened in 2004/2005:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

Sorry, my bad.    Read it yesterday and was doing that off of the top of my head today.      For some reason I remembered it as the 70s

It doesn't change my point or invalidate it, I think Taibbi belabored the point of comparing Dover to the current times and I think he's comparing a pail of water to the lake.    

Some interesting comments on the article. One poster lived in Portland and Seattle. They said it has nothing to do with black lives, protecting citizens, property and obviously nothing to do with local police.

All the Mayors care about is power. Almost no conservatives to answer to so they let the anarchist do as they please. Most of the city actually kind of likes it with deep history of these violent protests. Just the liberals on this site, they don't even condemn it. Same thing. If Mayors come down on them then good chance they lose their next election. 

They know it's wrong but but they are sick with power and the people are all willing to give them more. All they have to do is point fingers at someone else who these anarchists truly hate which is Trump. Blame it all on him. Same thing going on in all these liberal cities. Just blame Trump, let the thugs and anarchists do as they please and you get more powerful.   

And if Biden gets elected, they know the Feds are going to pay to clean up all the mess. Taxpayer funded anarchy.

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

He's on my short list of "must read" writers.    And he and I are pretty far apart politically.      If you don't read his tweets and his articles, you are missing out.    For even more entertainment, read the comments to his articles or tweets.    It's mind blowing.    A whole bunch of people just going at him for being a "Trump apologist" and a republican toady.     He's one of the few who actually responds sometimes to the comments.    It's pretty funny,  he didn't vote for Trump, has probably never voted republican in his life, has trashed Trump and other republican administrations,  but he writes a couple of articles that are entirely accurate and factual in their criticisms of the dems and the media - and voila - he's republican mouthpiece!

Yeah, how about just holding them accountable?  OF course, they have to slander "The Right" every chance they get.

Make no mistake:  50 years from now the Left is going to look back, point to articles like this and say "but we were Republicans back then" and blame Conservatives for all the strife they are causing now.  Just like they did with Slavery, the Civil War, Jim Crowe laws and the KKK - they use the same excuse now to cover their real history.  Heck, they even conned the very people they abused into voting for them with these "But we were the Republicans back so it wasn't us" lame and fake justifications.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, how about just holding them accountable?  OF course, they have to slander "The Right" every chance they get.

Make no mistake:  50 years from now the Left is going to look back, point to articles like this and say "but we were Republicans back then" and blame Conservatives for all the strife they are causing now.  Just like they did with Slavery, the Civil War, Jim Crowe laws and the KKK - they use the same excuse now to cover their real history.  Heck, they even conned the very people they abused into voting for them with these "But we were the Republicans back so it wasn't us" lame and fake justifications.

Don’t forget Separate but Equal!

• Like 1