Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Washington Redskins pick a new name!!!!

They probably wanted one of the names that got copyrighted so now they are gonna take their time and find something else. 

On 7/14/2020 at 7:49 AM, Cruzer said:

A local sports station was kicking around this, actually renaming them: The Washington Football Club.

Not only is it unique, but then they could market the catchy nickname: FCDC.

Kinda like it to be to honest. :dunno:

Dallas sports radio nailed it.....sorta. 

I like it - most unique, catchy. 👍

• Like 1

Yup, keep it, can't offend anybody with that one.

Plus, this is awesome.

22 minutes ago, riversco said:

They probably wanted one of the names that got copyrighted so now they are gonna take their time and find something else. 

What I heard too...

Just now, Reality said:

Yup, keep it, can't offend anybody with that one.

Uh, George Washington owned slaves or had friends that owned slaves.  Also DC is a fail because it stands for District of COLUMBIA as in Christopher Columbus. 

This is go focking pathetic. Changing to a generic placeholder name is just weak. Pick something already.

I'm told they are making merch with the generic placeholder name. Absolutely pathetic.

Snyder really has a talent for slithering beneath impossibly low bars. 

It still blows my mind that the NFL, of all organizations, is doing this much moralizing at the rest of us.  They are the biggest group of shitty people you could assemble outside of a prison. From the thug players right on up to the owners, many of whom have never worked a day in their life and inherited their team. Irsay is a voice of morality now? The guys a complete mess. A little self reflection would be nice. They bend over backwards to cheat  each other, never mind the tax man. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It still blows my mind that the NFL, of all organizations, is doing this much moralizing at the rest of us.  They are the biggest group of shitty people you could assemble outside of a prison. From the thug players right on up to the owners, many of whom have never worked a day in their life and inherited their team. Irsay is a voice of morality now? The guys a complete mess. A little self reflection would be nice. They bend over backwards to cheat  each other, never mind the tax man. 

People believe they will get paid if democrats win elections with free money.  So they assign traits like moral, right and just to the scummiest of people on that side.  They know its not true, they just want the money.  The reason Trump got elected is he pledged he would fight to bring high paying manufacturing jobs back from overseas. He tricked the democrats into opposing it as well.   So he captured a bunch of midwest states.  genius.  2020 is different as he is going to win with the law and order platform.

Ever notice how many commercials the NFL has to run trying to convince us that they are a bunch of swell guys, helping the community? Watch the NFL network for one hour. It will probably be every third commercial. They know. 

They could could choose to call that team the Washington Penises and if the logo was white, a certain community would whine and cry and riot and kill, the LGBTXYZ community would demand it being rainbow colored, and women would demand it being a bloody vagina.

There is no good name because even as the Washington Football Team people will say that the word 'Team' is not all inclusive. 

Fvck it all. It's time for war.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ever notice how many commercials the NFL has to run trying to convince us that they are a bunch of swell guys, helping the community? Watch the NFL network for one hour. It will probably be every third commercial. They know. 

That's just good marketing.  I think all organizations do that.  I see MLB run ads like that all the time.  Even individual teams do it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's just good marketing.  I think all organizations do that.  I see MLB run ads like that all the time.  Even individual teams do it.

Not as much as the NFL does. Then again, baseball players don’t do half the thuggish things that NFL players do. So they don’t have to do as much PR work. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not as much as the NFL does. Then again, baseball players don’t do half the thuggish things that NFL players do. So they don’t have to do as much PR work. 

There's a lot of truth in that statement.

How about the Spineless Wonders

"Sure, it's possible!" Snyder wrote in an email when asked if the name might stick around. "If the Washington Football Team name catches on and our fans embrace it then we would be happy to have it as our permanent name. I think we have developed a very classy retro look and feel."

One thing that everyone loves is winning and if Washington keeps doing that, there's a good chance that everyone from fans to sponsors to players will embrace the new name even more.  🤣

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

classy

What is a word that is never used to describe the Washington Football Team organization. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Still think they could have been the ultimate winners if they went with

Washington Team of Football

WTF

If they finish a season over .500, they are the WFT.

If they finish a season under .500, they are the WTF.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They should call themselves the "Washington Football Team No Longer Honoring American Indians."

See how that goes over.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m all for Redtails or Red Wolves.

Theyll fock it up and go with Warriors.

• Sad 1

Fock you dumbass indians. You could have lobbied to keep the name. you didn't so we are going with the Wash. Fighting Whities.

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m all for Redtails or Red Wolves.

Theyll fock it up and go with Warriors.

They focked it up caving to retards and losing the Redskins. 

9 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

They focked it up caving to retards and losing the Redskins. 

It will be the best decision that franchise has made in decades.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

It will be the best decision that franchise has made in decades.

Very woke. I await your financially beneficial breakdown. 

17 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Very woke. I await your financially beneficial breakdown. 

Pretty sure his comment was more of a critique on every other decision they have made and the impact it's had on winning(or lack there of) in DC.