Hawkeye21

Yankees/Nationals teams kneel before anthem

35 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

No people is a distraction?  :lol:  Is that what you got from my post?

It seems to bother you while watching the game.  I'm not giving you any kind of crap on this because I think that it's weird watching a game without fans and that the product is not as good.

Just watched the first pitch...  Jesus that was horrible...

People think it is so easy to throw a baseball and just go into it without practicing...

10 minutes ago, posty said:

Meme's are stupid...  This one just helps prove it...

No one cares what you think posty 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, posty said:

:lol:  Hit a nerve I guess...

Nope. Just stating the facts. I honestly couldn’t care less what you think cause it’s usually the same thing every time

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nope. Just stating the facts. I honestly couldn’t care less what you think cause it’s usually the same thing every time

That is fine, you are entitled to your opinion...

But that meme you posted is stupid...  If you can't see why, then there is no hope for you...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/giants-sam-coonrod-explains-why-he-didnt-kneel-faith-racial-justice-demonstration-143326916.html

The MLB was the star of the sports world on Thursday night as the league became the latest professional sport to get underway.

Players for both the New York Yankees and Washington Nationals knelt along the foul lines holding a black ribbon during a moment of silence and then stood for the national anthem. It was a demonstration for racial unity that played out similarly in the second game of the night between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants.

The only player who didn’t kneel during either of the pregame ceremonies was Giants reliever Sam Coonrod.

Giants’ Coonrod says he only kneels before God

The teams held a long black ribbon while keeping socially distant and spreading out from foul pole to foul pole. After a moment of silence while they knelt, a video featuring narration by Morgan Freeman played. The demonstration will reportedly be at every opening day game this week, per James Wagner of the New York Times.

Bigger than the rivalry. #BlackLivesMatter https://t.co/SYj3XB6Ojr

— SFGiants (@SFGiants) July 24, 2020

Coonrod, a second-year reliever, did not take part in the ceremony and instead stood behind first base at the edge of the infield dirt. He said afterward it was because he is a Christian and “I can't kneel before anything besides God.”

Via Alex Pavlovic for NBC Sports Bay Area:

“I meant no ill will by it. I don't think I'm better than anyone," Coonrod said after the game. “I’m a Christian. I just believe I can't kneel before anything besides God — Jesus Christ.

“I chose not to kneel. I feel that if I did kneel, I would be being a hypocrite. I didn't want to be a hypocrite. Like I said, I didn't mean any ill will toward anyone.”

Coonrod said he didn’t talk to anyone about his decision before the game because he only learned about it late in the day

Coonrod speaks out against Black Lives Matter

Coonrod, 27, also said he doesn’t agree with the Black Lives Matter movement. He cited his faith and “a couple things I’ve read.”

Asked about the Black Lives Matter movement, Coonrod said, "I'm a Christian, and I just can't get on board with a couple things I've read about Black Lives Matter, how they lean toward Marxism, and they said some negative things about the nuclear family."

— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) July 24, 2020

His comments are similar to that of Atlanta Dream co-owner Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who wrote the same things in a letter to WNBA leadership asking the league not to dedicate its season to the cause. She is running an election and trying to get more of the conservative vote.

The Black Lives Matter movement was founded in 2013 by three community activists, one of whom said in a 2015 interview she and a co-founder are “trained Marxists.” The Black Lives Matter movement itself has grown larger than seven years ago and is about standing against racism.

Kapler: It’s an individual choice to stand or kneel

Giants manager Gabe Kapler said on a postgame Zoom call with reporters that he spoke with Coonrod after the game.

“The one thing that we said is we were going to let people express themselves. We were going to give them the choice on whether they were going to stand, kneel or do something else. That was a personal decision for Sam.”

Kapler was one of several Giants players and coaches to stay kneeling during the national anthem. Mookie Betts was the only Los Angeles Dodgers player to join them.

The Giants lost, 8-1.

:pointstosky:

16 minutes ago, posty said:

That is fine, you are entitled to your opinion...

But that meme you posted is stupid...  If you can't see why, then there is no hope for you...

Nope. A retard like you just doesn’t like anything. Which is why no one cares about your opinion. If you can’t see that, then you’re an even bigger retard than I gave you credit for 

The Great Mariano Rivera was at Trumps press conference yesterday. Love that guy. 

MLB is pretending to care about BLM? Woah, I just realized MLB is BLM backwards. Isn’t that cute. Fock them both.

16 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

MLB is pretending to care about BLM? Woah, I just realized MLB is BLM backwards. Isn’t that cute. Fock them both.

Pretend?  Really?  Look at this pure wokeness!

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Pretend?  Really?  Look at this pure wokeness!

Wow. I get that shooting has issues, but this is not helping. 

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. I get that shooting has issues, but this is not helping. 

Funny thing is, the people they are trying to placate do not watch baseball. Really bad move.

I searched youtube for the term "baseball" sorted by view count and restricted to this week.  I wanted to find some videos of opening day to read comments.  I was surprised to find that there was not a single baseball video with a lot of views (outside of a Colbert show video which is more about Colbert than baseball).  opening day only turned up 4 videos with lots of views and 2 were fauci pitching

Maybe baseball is just dead.

31 minutes ago, riversco said:

I searched youtube for the term "baseball" sorted by view count and restricted to this week.  I wanted to find some videos of opening day to read comments.  I was surprised to find that there was not a single baseball video with a lot of views (outside of a Colbert show video which is more about Colbert than baseball).  opening day only turned up 4 videos with lots of views and 2 were fauci pitching

Maybe baseball is just dead.

Very unlikely.

6 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Who cares...cant wait for Hockey!!

Let’s Go Islanders or

#LGI

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its only cause there hasnt been a sporting event in 4 months and people are bored and at home.  Should have been 12 mil honestly

It didn't get to 12 million because it was the Yankees on...  People are tired of them always being on television...

27 minutes ago, posty said:

It didn't get to 12 million because it was the Yankees on...  People are tired of them always being on television...

YDS. 

TMobile Tuesday gave away a free season of MLB.tv

I was all set to use it until I saw the opening day bullsh1t. 

As for the ratings let's see how they go from here on out.

Several marlins players tested positive. Names of the sick withheld.  They just played in Philadelphia sunday and were scheduled to play at home on monday but the flight was cancelled so they can test further.  Supposedly they will fly home today and play the game but the game might get cancelled.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marlins-postpone-trip-home-ahead-125341079.html?src=rss

Marlins postpone trip home ahead of series vs. Orioles amid potential COVID-19 outbreak
Associated Press
NBC Sports Washington Jul 27, 2020, 5:53 AM

The Miami Marlins scratched right-hander Jose Urena from his scheduled start Sunday in Philadelphia and delayed their postgame trip home amid concerns about a possible coronavirus outbreak within the team.

No reason was given for Urena being scratched in the series finale, which Miami won 11-6.

Manager Don Mattingly said the Marlins decided to wait until Monday to leave Philadelphia, and they plan to arrive in Miami hours before their home opener against Baltimore. The trip might be made while multiple players remain in Philadelphia.

"The guys that tested positive are quarantined here in Philly," Mattingly said.

Miami catcher Jorge Alfaro went on the injured list hours before the season opener Friday at Philadelphia. The Marlins didn't give a reason but said they expected Alfaro to return this season.

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

Several marlins players tested positive. Names of the sick withheld.  They just played in Philadelphia sunday and were scheduled to play at home on monday but the flight was cancelled so they can test further.  Supposedly they will fly home today and play the game but the game might get cancelled.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marlins-postpone-trip-home-ahead-125341079.html?src=rss

Marlins postpone trip home ahead of series vs. Orioles amid potential COVID-19 outbreak
Associated Press
NBC Sports Washington Jul 27, 2020, 5:53 AM

The Miami Marlins scratched right-hander Jose Urena from his scheduled start Sunday in Philadelphia and delayed their postgame trip home amid concerns about a possible coronavirus outbreak within the team.

No reason was given for Urena being scratched in the series finale, which Miami won 11-6.

Manager Don Mattingly said the Marlins decided to wait until Monday to leave Philadelphia, and they plan to arrive in Miami hours before their home opener against Baltimore. The trip might be made while multiple players remain in Philadelphia.

"The guys that tested positive are quarantined here in Philly," Mattingly said.

Miami catcher Jorge Alfaro went on the injured list hours before the season opener Friday at Philadelphia. The Marlins didn't give a reason but said they expected Alfaro to return this season.

The game was canceled. Probably should start a whole new thread.