FlyinHeadlock

Busy Day Home Shopping in Englewood, IL

Getting close to pulling the trigger. Found this little fixer upper. Thinking of going Venetian plaster in the main living room. Maybe a dark cherry and soft LED smart lighting. Really tap into the vibe of the neighborhood.

They say bathrooms and kitchens sell homes. Well someone obviously didn't get the memo hello! That's ok. I have a lot of vision and don't mind a little elbow grease. My main concern though is once it's done the neighborhood gets gentrified and I get forced out. Going to go door to door and get the community fully engaged. Some chatter they are good at protesting so this should be a piece of cake. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6717-S-May-St-Chicago-IL-60621/3998216_zpid/

Sounds like a winnèr...should be able to put 75k into it, and sell for 50k.

Property does need extensive work. Use extreme caution and bring flashlight. Buyer takes subject to existing city code violations

Feel bad for the realtors. They must get really attached to these properties. Some have been on the market for over 5 years. Imagine it's like losing a member of the family for them but they are use to it I guess. 

Didn’t Digby34 say he was moving? 

Stockpile the place with weapons, You could be moved in and open for business in 15 minutes.

They say "never buy the nicest house in the neighborhood".    With this one, you can be sure you are not violatiing that rule of real estate. . .

Sad thing is...in 10 years that will be worth 35x as much...just like Harlem

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sad thing is...in 10 years that will be worth 10x as much...just like Harlem

Not if biden wins.

37 minutes ago, Masshole said:

They say "never buy the nicest house in the neighborhood".    With this one, you can be sure you are not violatiing that rule of real estate. . .

:nono: It is Englewood.

5 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Feel bad for the realtors. They must get really attached to these properties. Some have been on the market for over 5 years. Imagine it's like losing a member of the family for them but they are use to it I guess. 

The worst thing is they get paid on commission.  Maybe get paid a grand for selling a house you had to risk your life to show.