Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Is there a black sheep in your family?

For me it would be my youngest sister. She is 3 years younger than me. My parents got divorced when I was about 15-16. Sister was very close to dad and took it the hardest. She started smoking and hanging out with straight up undocumented Mexican people. She taught herself to speak fluent Spanish, ended up getting pregnant by one of them (he was actually a very nice guy and an extremely hard worker). He ended up getting deported a few times and eventually stayed in Mexico. Sister went on welfare and any other means of government aid she could get. She ended up getting involved with meth and looks horrible. All the teeth in her head have fallen out and she has a dental plate so she can chew her food (paid for by us kind tax payers). She's loud and brash and just  generally hard to be around. I only see her at Christmas when the entire family goes to my moms house for dinner. I have very little knowledge of her anymore. I wouldn't say we were ever really close but we used to see each other all the time. She is now just a drain on society and she seems to be really proud of herself. 

Of course I know him. He's me.

Not because I'm a POS although I am. But because I broke the cycle of being poor. 

So, does she have email, orrr...  :unsure:

• Like 1

Yep. My cousin. Uncle is pretty loaded and gave my cousin whatever he wanted. New truck any time he wanted one, money all the time, school paid for, etc. He got addicted to drugs. One night while out drinking, driving, and doing drugs he was going 90+ and hit a nurse in her car. Killed the nurse. He’s now in prison serving 20 years. 

11 minutes ago, Mookz said:

So, does she have email, orrr...  :unsure:

I am sure she must have a government issued laptop or smart phone. I will see if she has an email address when I see her at Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I am sure she must have a government issued laptop or smart phone. I will see if she has an email address when I see her at Christmas. 

When you see her, be sure to tell cruzer hi for me

• Haha 1

Nah, not really, everybody is taking care of themselves for the most part.

Not me but a very good friend had 2 brothers and one was a total black sheep. Never talked about him. Drugs, alcohol, other problems. About 2 years ago , I said in polite conversation, "how is John doing", he answered,  "John died 6 months ago".  This is one of my best friends who talk to almost every day. Don't talk about the black sheep. 

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

For me it would be my youngest sister. She is 3 years younger than me. My parents got divorced when I was about 15-16. Sister was very close to dad and took it the hardest. She started smoking and hanging out with straight up undocumented Mexican people. She taught herself to speak fluent Spanish, ended up getting pregnant by one of them (he was actually a very nice guy and an extremely hard worker). He ended up getting deported a few times and eventually stayed in Mexico. Sister went on welfare and any other means of government aid she could get. She ended up getting involved with meth and looks horrible. All the teeth in her head have fallen out and she has a dental plate so she can chew her food (paid for by us kind tax payers). She's loud and brash and just  generally hard to be around. I only see her at Christmas when the entire family goes to my moms house for dinner. I have very little knowledge of her anymore. I wouldn't say we were ever really close but we used to see each other all the time. She is now just a drain on society and she seems to be really proud of herself. 

I'm not really about the face. How the bod?

My wifes nephew...22 yrs old...4 kids...no job..no car...sponges off his 70+ year cancer ridden grandparents.  He will call them at 10 at night for them to buy baby formula...call them for groceries...watch his kids so they can go get high.  We try to talk to the grandparents..they think he is awesome and a great dad.  He is not welcome at my home.  We have called CPS several times..then corona hit..

Pisses me off just thinking about it.  

The grandmother is on oxygen..and he wants her to watch 3 kids under the age of 5..one is 1 yr old and the skank babymamma is preg again.

My father is an early model GFIAFP prototype. 

In some fairness, my grandfather ran an independent retail hardware store, which became increasingly difficult to do with pressure from the big corporate box stores that they couldn't compete with. Still, he kept the business running until he died at 84 and my father had it driven into the ground within six months of his passing. From there, my father was too good to work at anything and has spent the rest of his life unemployed and mooching off of the sympathy of his relatives. Oh, and he was in the habit of regularly forging my uncle and my mother's names on various documents.l

When I first came to China, I saw that he could work the same way I do, teaching English. But yeah, can't. He had finally gotten a place on a government housing program after being wait-listed for a few years and couldn't be bothered to give it up.

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Don't talk about the black sheep. 

I rarely talk about my sister, who I've ostracized for decades.  Only see her at funerals and rare family gatherings.  Druggy scum... has been since teenager and still now at 50. When people ask if I have a sibling, I tell them no. 

10 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Not me but a very good friend had 2 brothers and one was a total black sheep. Never talked about him. Drugs, alcohol, other problems. About 2 years ago , I said in polite conversation, "how is John doing", he answered,  "John died 6 months ago".  This is one of my best friends who talk to almost every day. Don't talk about the black sheep. 

Dont really have a certain one in my family.  But one of my best friends in school didnt finish school, hated it.  Wasnt dumb but one of those who hates being told what to do or where to be.  He dropped out in 10th grade.  His 2 year older brother did finish HS, was pretty smart, up on current  events, had to finish top 20 in his class at least.  

Well my friend went out and worked and now has done decent for himself.  Real decent for a HS dropout.  Not afraid to work.  His smarter brother is the black sheep.  He is 33.  Still lives at their moms house.  Has hardly had any jobs in his life.  Drinks coffee all days and plays video games.  Not a bad dude, never was.  But not in touch with reality.   Totally fine with just being a home body and living off the government.  Where as my friend who dropped out hasnt stopped working since he dropped out and hates any sort of handouts.  

I rarely ever would ask him how his brother was.  Because I knew.  And I knew he hated talking about it because it was some what embarrassing.  

My nephew, was given everything by my Pops (his father is not in the picture), he treated my nephew like a son, spoiled him, big mistake.

SR of HS he is the stud pitcher/hitter and his team is getting ready for the State playoffs, he gets busted for Pot in the school parking lot and is kicked off the team.

a year later he is arrested for a string of robberies in a neighboring town along with 3 others and is convicted of a Felony and has over 50K of restitution to pay over 6 years to avoid the Felony.  Proceeds to get 3 DUIs over the next 4 years, cost my Pops a fortune and then gets addicted to drugs and is homeless.  Pop gets him into a rehab facility, he leaves, Pops takes him into his house and later I find out he is forcing my 70 year old dad to take him into town to buy drugs.  That was Thanksgiving 4 years ago, my sister(her son) and I forced him out and told him is no longer welcome.  He is now on his 4th rehab stint at rehab places that take you in and you work for them.  I don't expect him to live past 40

:wave:

Early on I was.   But after many years in the military, I figured out how to square my sh!t away.

I knew one guy who used to dress up like a freak, use mascara, was into comic books. Even worked at a comic book store. Last I heard he was a boy Friday, fetching coffee and other menial tasks. He was living in some room he found on Craigslist.  His father was not pleased. I wonder what happened to him/her? 

What you have to do with these people is sit them down and flat out give them an ultimatum: "you can get with this, or you can get with that."

"The choice is yours."  :dunno:

14 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm not really about the face. How the bod?

She's a fatty. Probably doesn't shower all that often. She probably puts out though! :banana:

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Any ideas on how to help a teen who runs away from every home, who was raised with her drug addicted Mom and they lived in and out of hotels and cars in Vegas? Is this kid salvageable? She just ran away again yesterday. She somehow, got a plane ticket to Los Angeles. We can't find her now.

Absolutely.   Encourage a path with the military. For a good person, who is motivated, it can lead to many positive outcomes.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Absolutely.   Encourage a path with the military. For a good person, who is motivated, it can lead to many positive outcomes.

I knew a guy for a while who  when he was about 22 years old or so had no direction in life and had no desire to seek a direction. Basically a lifeless guy who worked in a restaurant as a waiter, and he hated doing that. Drank a lot like alot of people do that age but he wasn't in school or anything.

One day he told me and another friend he joined the military. Kind of out of nowhere as he never talkef about it. So then he left for training etc, and after a while he was on leave and we visited and the dude was a whole new human being. He fed off the discipline and routine and had a whole new outlook for himself. It really helped him.

No, all of our sheep are white.

WAIT!  You didn't actually mean "sheep"?  Darn... I'll get back to you.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Thank you, I think that is a great idea.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I knew a guy for a while who  when he was about 22 years old or so had no direction in life and had no desire to seek a direction. Basically a lifeless guy who worked in a restaurant as a waiter, and he hated doing that. Drank a lot like alot of people do that age but he wasn't in school or anything.

One day he told me and another friend he joined the military. Kind of out of nowhere as he never talkef about it. So then he left for training etc, and after a while he was on leave and we visited and the dude was a whole new human being. He fed off the discipline and routine and had a whole new outlook for himself. It really helped him.

Inspiring, thank you.

Have a couple uncles on my mothers side of the family that qualify. One is just nuts. The other is a super annoying born again that’s always trying to rope people into some new pyramid scheme or another.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Have a couple uncles on my mothers side of the family that qualify. One is just nuts. The other is a super annoying born again that’s always trying to rope people into some new pyramid scheme or another.

I have an aunt like this.  I always avoid her.