Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Damien Williams opts-out

On 7/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, weepaws said:

Doesn’t seem to be a big deal to those that have already opt out.  

Weepaws, I will just bring up this post again. A few NFL players are going to opt out. It's at around .1% of the league at this point. So as of now 99.9% of players think it's worth playing. By the time the deadline rolls around the most amount of players representing opt outs is going to be 2%, and that's probably even high. Like I said, players will not want to miss the pay.

Idk why you choose the wrong side of an argument and just wallow in it. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Weepaws, I will just bring up this post again. A few NFL players are going to opt out. It's at around .1% of the league at this point. So as of now 99.9% of players think it's worth playing. By the time the deadline rolls around the most amount of players representing opt outs is going to be 2%, and that's probably even high.

Dude, I don't know where you got your math training, but there are about 1700 players in the NFL, so 17 would be 1%.  There are about 35 players who have opted out so far; so that's 2% already.

"Around .1% of the league" would be around 2 players (1.7).

Weepaws, I will just bring up this post again. A few NFL players are going to opt out. It's at around .1% of the league at this point. So as of now 99.9% of players think it's worth playing. By the time the deadline rolls around the most amount of players representing opt outs is going to be 2%, and that's probably even high. Like I said, players will not want to miss the pay.

Idk why you choose the wrong side of an argument and just wallow in it. 

Doesn’t mean that more wont, right? 

There have been players that do matter to both their team and to ff that have opt - out. 

1. I don’t have arguments on this site, I have an opinion, that used to be called having a discussion, but now if you don’t agree with the other person, your arguing, lol.  

2.  Based on some of your post about D Will, you seem to be the one, using your words not mind, wallowing.  

3. I don’t disagree that the amount of players opt out won’t be small, nor the fact that they don’t want to get paid, the ones that have already opt out still wanted to play and get paid, but they chose for personal reasons not to play under the current mandemic. 

4. But players have opt out and I know and you do and everyone else does , that more players in the coming days will opt out, no one is happy about it, it means that the mandemic keeps on going.  Sadly I think it’s going to double the percentage that have already opt out so far  

Thanks , 

appreciate you 

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Dude, I don't know where you got your math training, but there are about 1700 players in the NFL, so 17 would be 1%.  There are about 35 players who have opted out so far; so that's 2% already.

"Around .1% of the league" would be around 2 players (1.7).

The amount of players in the pool is around 2800. Happy to help :doh:

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The amount of players in the pool is around 2800. Happy to help :doh:

I dunno what "pool" you're talking about, but with 32 teams each having an active roster of 53 players, that's 1,696 players--about 1700 players in the NFL.

Even if there were 3500 players in the NFL, the 35 who have opted out would represent 1%, meaning you'd still be off by a factor of 10 from your estimate of .1%, instead of being off by a factor of 20 in reality.

Happy to educate.

I fully expect many opt outs to opt back in after training camp. They are just using this as extra vacation time.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I dunno what "pool" you're talking about, but with 32 teams each having an active roster of 53 players, that's 1,696 players--about 1700 players in the NFL.

Even if there were 3500 players in the NFL, the 35 who have opted out would represent 1%, meaning you'd still be off by a factor of 10 from your estimate of .1%, instead of being off by a factor of 20 in reality.

Happy to educate.

35/2800 = 1.3%

HTH with the mathing

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I fully expect many opt outs to opt back in after training camp. They are just using this as extra vacation time.

Can they? 

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Can they? 

Yea there’s a window they can opt back in, I think it’s sep 3 but I’d have to double check.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

The agreement prevents that.  Opting out by the deadline is final and irrevocable.

35/2800 = 1.3%

HTH with the mathing

But DID it help, or do you still think you were right?

The players bltching about the deadline is weak. They have had how long to debate whether they want to play? The team needs to know if they are available asap to plan around it. They can then get more guys in camp who want to play while getting those guys up to speed

16 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The players bltching about the deadline is weak. They have had how long to debate whether they want to play? The team needs to know if they are available asap to plan around it. They can then get more guys in camp who want to play while getting those guys up to speed

Does this surprise you?

CEH - Top 5 rb ppr 2020. Similar season to Alvin Kamara rookie year. Probably better since no Mark Ingram to compete with.

Im drinking the Kool-Aid with confidence 

2 hours ago, Pinesprings said:

CEH - Top 5 rb ppr 2020. Similar season to Alvin Kamara rookie year. Probably better since no Mark Ingram to compete with.

Im drinking the Kool-Aid with confidence 

Too bad you can't get CEH in the 11th or 12th round like you did Kamara... 

53 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Too bad you can't get CEH in the 11th or 12th round like you did Kamara... 

There were some people who got him in the 8th or 9th round in March and April...

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

There were some people who got him in the 8th or 9th round in March and April...

Very true... the majority though draft in August & September, which is when you were getting Alvin those rounds...  👍

Just now, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Very true... the majority though draft in August & September, which is when you were getting Alvin those rounds...  👍

*in