Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Teachers union to support strike

Do it. Enjoy your no paycheck. They want to teach from home,  Bottom line. They got a taste of how easy it was. Plus Trump is for it. We know what that means. 

Needs to be education reform before they open schools back up. All they are going to do is indoctrinate kids with their BLM BS.

• Thanks 1

Going to be 300,000 dead by the end of the year. Tough situation with no easy answer. I don’t see how they’ll ever meaningfully get it under control in the schools, kids aren’t going to social distance and wear masks and do they even have the room for that anyways? Each school building is different but do they have adequate ventilation and so forth recognizing that you’re not going to have the windows wide open in the winter in many locations? What about school buses and all that? No way you are seriously going to prevent outbreaks so then you’re just banking on it not being that bad, when many teachers are 50+ in age and surely many have various health conditions. I don’t blame ‘em for being very concerned, not sure what the right answer is.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Going to be 300,000 dead by the end of the year. Tough situation with no easy answer. I don’t see how they’ll ever meaningfully get it under control in the schools, kids aren’t going to social distance and wear masks and do they even have the room for that anyways? Each school building is different but do they have adequate ventilation and so forth recognizing that you’re not going to have the windows wide open in the winter in many locations? What about school buses and all that? No way you are seriously going to prevent outbreaks so then you’re just banking on it not being that bad, when many teachers are 50+ in age and surely many have various health conditions. I don’t blame ‘em for being very concerned, not sure what the right answer is.

How many healthy children have died from this?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

How many healthy children have died from this?

Not many. I mean if it’s my kid one will be enough. But I think the bigger problem is the teachers, parents and grandparents etc where those kids are going home to, etc. Just no way to contain it

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Not many. I mean if it’s my kid one will be enough. But I think the bigger problem is the teachers, parents and grandparents etc where those kids are going home to, etc. Just no way to contain it

Evidence suggests kids don't transmit this thing much if at all.  That's the problem with you libs.  Always making up reasons NOT to do things that are easily doable, especially when politics is involved.  FFS we went from thumbs in our a$$es to men walking on the moon in less than a century.  We can certainly find a way to safely educate our future.

Double FFS - Your side keeps b*tching about Trump not following the science or the experts.  Well, the science AND the experts think it's ok for open schools:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/reopening-schools.html

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Odd though, we've found ways/excuses for other areas of society to operate.  Crazy that this one we can't.  I mean, I can't go to a grocery store, restaurant, take out shop, etc, without seeing a plastic shield up between the customer and the employee.  Everyone's wearing masks and sometimes gloves.  YET, that concept can't apparently work for schools.  Amazing!

• If a class has 24 kids in it.  Why can't each day, 12 kids stay home and 12 be in class.  The 12 at home, can live stream the class.
  • Have no kids sitting in the front row of seats
  • Have a plexiglass shield between the teacher and the students.
  • Have kids wear masks in the halls.

Why is this SO hard?  It's not.  It's purely a political move by the Democrats.  Honestly, I hope the teachers win.  It'll piss off a lot of parents and encourage them to vote for Trump who weren't otherwise going to.  Hopefully it keeps teachers out of the classroom permanently unless they denounce unions.

Talk to any doctor..sept..october..huge boost in kids visits from illness.  Its not rocket science...kids spread disease.  Just so stupid people think kids can return to school safely.  Morons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Talk to any doctor..sept..october..huge boost in kids visits from illness.  Its not rocket science...kids spread disease.  Just so stupid people think kids can return to school safely.  Morons.

The CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics  are Morons?  We're in real trouble then.

🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

That's because of what?  Because kids are isolated more, from larger groups.  If kids went to school year round, I'd guarantee that trend instantly stops.  It's got NOTHING to do with them "spreading disease" and EVERYTHING to do with them being separated from each other for 2.5 months.

10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Any doctor? I’ll take one or two. Please provide. Thanks. 

I still cant figure why the swine flu didnt close schools.  It actually targeted kids, not adults.  And if you say only 12,xxx people died, thats a lie.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

You the teacher or your spouse ? 

• Haha 1

Talked to my new neighbor today he's a high school teacher. He wants to go back to work. As does my wife and most of her teacher friends.

So while the unions are going to fock sh1t up not all teachers want to stay home.

A friend of mine in Va was telling me a story about a teachers association bullying teachers into silence who wanted to go back.

Good for Strike.  About time he got some recognition.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Talked to my new neighbor today he's a high school teacher. He wants to go back to work. As does my wife and most of her teacher friends.

So while the unions are going to fock sh1t up not all teachers want to stay home.

Of course some teachers want to. And maybe they’re right. But hell nobody knows for sure 

Fock them. strike doesn't need their support when he has the GC behind him

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Fock them. strike doesn't need their support when he has the GC behind him

Agreed. I’m picking up some bricks and filling some gas cans. Let’s burn the schools!

• Like 1

News today in town...daycare closing due to child positive tests.  Thankfully the parents called the daycare.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

News today in town...daycare closing due to child positive tests.  Thankfully the parents called the daycare.

Why ofcourse

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Odd though, we've found ways/excuses for other areas of society to operate.  Crazy that this one we can't.  I mean, I can't go to a grocery store, restaurant, take out shop, etc, without seeing a plastic shield up between the customer and the employee.  Everyone's wearing masks and sometimes gloves.  YET, that concept can't apparently work for schools.  Amazing!

• If a class has 24 kids in it.  Why can't each day, 12 kids stay home and 12 be in class.  The 12 at home, can live stream the class.

Why is this SO hard?  It's not.  It's purely a political move by the Democrats.  Honestly, I hope the teachers win.  It'll piss off a lot of parents and encourage them to vote for Trump who weren't otherwise going to.  Hopefully it keeps teachers out of the classroom permanently unless they denounce unions.

Have we found ways for other areas of society to operate? This thing has blown up since reopening and lots of activity still isn’t happening. And that’s with social distancing, masks etc. And presumably the whole thing will get way worse in the fall when the weather turns bad and normal illness season begins. I dunno, maybe I’m being Chicken Little here but I don’t think we’ve contained this thing at all and reopening schools will just release the floodgates 

• Like 1

The only reason the union is threatening this is to get congress to not protect employers from civil actions when a teacher gets the vid.  Fuckem'

51 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Agreed. I’m picking up some bricks and filling some gas cans. Let’s burn the schools!

Let's do this! 

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Let's do this! 

Just turned in my 2 week notice. After that, I stopped at Hardee’s and saw a teacher there. That bich is burning.

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Have we found ways for other areas of society to operate? This thing has blown up since reopening and lots of activity still isn’t happening. And that’s with social distancing, masks etc. And presumably the whole thing will get way worse in the fall when the weather turns bad and normal illness season begins. I dunno, maybe I’m being Chicken Little here but I don’t think we’ve contained this thing at all and reopening schools will just release the floodgates 

Yes, you are being Chicken Little.  Thanks to the NYC leaders, NJ had a huge spike in the early goings.  Since then, NJ has been pretty solid.  So yes, we have found ways to operate.  For the first 3 weeks in April, NJ has fluctuated between 2400 and 4400 cases daily.  On June 29th, we had 50 cases.  Since then, we've never topped 550 in a day and we're generally between 200 and 400 most days.  New Jersey has opened up with limited capacities just like other states.

From a statistical standpoint, the highest areas of infections are in Democrat areas.  Instead of yelling at Republican's, why don't you clean up your people first.  The highest rates of infections are among Millennial's (significantly high Democrat demographic), and large cities (significantly high Democrat demographic).

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

None of these are an actual solutions that will work.

The other concern is that teachers don't want to be exposed.

I say open the schools with no restrictions. Treat this like it should have been treated the same as seasonal flu. Problem is cat is out of the bag.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I say open the schools with no restrictions. Treat this like it should have been treated the same as seasonal flu. Problem is cat is out of the bag.

Exactly. Teachers don’t want to be exposed?  Well no one does yet I bet that teacher goes to the grocery store thus raising his risk. The grocery worker doesn’t want to be exposed either but needs to pay rent. 

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If none are actual solutions, then what the rest of society is doing isn't working either.  If that's the case, then why are we even trying?  Simply, if we're going to be out in society, there has to be give and take.  Otherwise, tell everyone to not leave their house under ANY circumstance (including emergency purposes), for 21 days.  People will die, yes, but the ONLY way to get rid of this thing it to give it no chance to spread.

15 hours ago, Strike said:

Evidence suggests kids don't transmit this thing much if at all.  That's the problem with you libs.  Always making up reasons NOT to do things that are easily doable, especially when politics is involved.  FFS we went from thumbs in our a$$es to men walking on the moon in less than a century.  We can certainly find a way to safely educate our future.

Double FFS - Your side keeps b*tching about Trump not following the science or the experts.  Well, the science AND the experts think it's ok for open schools:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/reopening-schools.html

Children 10 and under don't seem to transmit it but it looks like children over the age of 10 transmit it almost as much as adults.  I have a feeling middle schools and high schools are going to be a disaster.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Children 10 and under don't seem to transmit it but it looks like children over the age of 10 transmit it almost as much as adults.  I have a feeling middle schools and high schools are going to be a disaster.

Schools already are... this is just a different type.  

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If none are actual solutions, then what the rest of society is doing isn't working either.  If that's the case, then why are we even trying?  Simply, if we're going to be out in society, there has to be give and take.  Otherwise, tell everyone to not leave their house under ANY circumstance (including emergency purposes), for 21 days.  People will die, yes, but the ONLY way to get rid of this thing it to give it no chance to spread.

Correct It's not working. If it was the virus wouldn't spread, but it is.

Why are we doing it? Control for one, it makes people FEEL safe. 

It's never going away. It's a coronavirus just like seasonal flu. 

Virus or not, inner city schools are by and large horrible. Why should we listen to the people that have made them that way about anything at this point? 

• Like 1

Most parents do not have the ability to stay with these kids all day. They have to go to work. If they have to go to work then exposure is still there. Then kids, home by themselves. Stupid accidents with no supervision. And how many grandparents are really living with a young family or taking care of kids. Not enough to matter.

I'm not even playing devil's advocate. The places that decide to close schools will have an entirely different set of problems. There will be senseless accidents and deaths with no parents around. Predators that know no parents are around. Young girls getting knocked up. 

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Most parents do not have the ability to stay with these kids all day. They have to go to work. If they have to go to work then exposure is still there. Then kids, home by themselves. Stupid accidents with no supervision. And how many grandparents are really living with a young family or taking care of kids. Not enough to matter.

I'm not even playing devil's advocate. The places that decide to close schools will have an entirely different set of problems. There will be senseless accidents and deaths with no parents around. Predators that know no parents are around. Young girls getting knocked up. 

How this doesn't make parents more nervous idk. Any person who advocates for lock downs and school closings is a 100% hypocrite. Unless they literally never leave the house and grow all their own food, plus survive off of 100% solar power from panels that are already installed. If someone doesn't meet all of these requirements, yet they advocate for any type of limited opening of business, they are 100% a hypocrite.

Add in selfish and unaware too