Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Longest funeral you've ever been to

George Floyd, now this Lewis guy.  Their funerals are like 8 hours long.  I haven't had to go to that many thank god but don't remember any longer than an hour or so.  Guess they're special.

George. He had like 3 funerals. One was on local TV in Houston ALL DAY. Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I honestly thought the Queen died and they entered the black section of England.     

My own, seemed like it would never end

I was surprised by how long Muhammad Ali's was. For Lewis, I can see it. Guy was a big deal in the civil rights movement for a very long time. 

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Pumpkins---my goldfish, took 3 flushes.

Sounds like maybe she wasn't dead.  :unsure:

I went to a catholic funeral that lasted like 2 hours. I was so confused. so many hand signs i had a flashback I thought I was supposed to steal home and bowled over the padre. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:52 PM, IGotWorms said:

Somebody make you watch?

Somebody make you comment on his take?

6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I went to a catholic funeral that lasted like 2 hours. I was so confused. so many hand signs i had a flashback I thought I was supposed to steal home and bowled over the padre. 

Funerals are tough to walk out of because everyone knows you and there aren't tons of people there for most regular funerals. For my mom's it was about 150 or so in a large church and everyone is seated towards the front of the church.

What I think I don't like the most is the wake though. I did not enjoy my mom's wake even though I caught up with some really good cousins I hadn't seen in a while. I don't think I'll go to my dad's wake if goes before me. I don't like remembering people in the coffin. 

Did anyone see that large family member in jeans and some dollar store shirt walking behind Lewis's procession on the bridge. I'll give it to her though, she wobbled a long way and just said the hell with chaffing.