Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

St. Louis Cardinals got the Corona now

Fake news.

Eduardo Rodriguez is also faking his heart inflammation. 

What happened to the backup players?

Also every single one of them will be fine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What happened to the backup players?

Also every single one of them will be fine.

"we could have sports worry free if we followed Europe". I love that one. Why can't we? We are making up arbitrary rules as we go along. We could make Corona the same as any sickness. Play until you don't feel well. Then sit out until you feel fine. 

12 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

"we could have sports worry free if we followed Europe". I love that one. Why can't we? We are making up arbitrary rules as we go along. We could make Corona the same as any sickness. Play until you don't feel well. Then sit out until you feel fine. 

The problem is it spreads so easily. So it’s not just that you’re playing while sick, it’s that you’re also actively infecting everyone around you.

Season most likely won't make it through August.  I can't imagine any pro or college football making it through a season either.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Season most likely won't make it through August.  I can't imagine any pro or college football making it through a season either.

Me either...  The NBA and NHL might be the only ones that will be able to make it with them being in a bubble...

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Kneeling caused corona..

Kneeling causes stay-at-homa. Which a lot of fans will be doing, even when this is over. 

They should play baseball at school fields..since it doesnt spread as kids are immune.

1 hour ago, posty said:

Me either...  The NBA and NHL might be the only ones that will be able to make it with them being in a bubble...

All it takes is one infected person getting in that bubble and it’s over. Seems highly likely that will occur but it’ll be interesting to see how the experiment plays out.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The problem is it spreads so easily. So it’s not just that you’re playing while sick, it’s that you’re also actively infecting everyone around you.

Does it? Seems to spread just like a normal influenza virus. At least that's what the studies I've read say.

1 hour ago, posty said:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

All it takes is one infected person getting in that bubble and it’s over. Seems highly likely that will occur but it’ll be interesting to see how the experiment plays out.

I think you're both right.  A bubble makes things safer, but those sports can do it because they have smaller personnel.  However, all it takes is one person, and boom, everyone has it.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Does it? Seems to spread just like a normal influenza virus. At least that's what the studies I've read say.

You’re extremely selective in your fact gathering

I mean 4.6 million people have gotten it in five months, even with lockdowns and social distancing and masks, but it really doesn’t spread that much. Yeah right, buddy :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I mean 4.6 million people have gotten it in five months, even with lockdowns and social distancing and masks, but it really doesn’t spread that much. Yeah right, buddy :rolleyes:

You actually trust those numbers despite the sources being wrong like a billion times?

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't think you're right on this.  According to the, "CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza."

ETA: I updated to a direct link from the CDC.  The numbers aren't quite as high, but the positive infection rate is still massively higher than COVID.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Cool now do seasonal influenza. 

ETA - NVM TBay did it for you. You are the one selective with your facts, buster.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

From Oct 1, 2018 to April 4, 2019  (185 days), which would be equivalent to January 28 (from today), 42.9M people got the flu.

"In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died."

Worms only gets his propaganda from CNN. Sad. You'd think he'd want to stop looking like an idiot. Yet here he is day after day.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

From Oct 1, 2018 to April 4, 2019  (185 days), which would be equivalent to January 28 (from today), 42.9M people got the flu.

"In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died."

61,200 out of 42.9 million or 160k and counting out of 4.6 million people?

Pretty clear to me which one is way worse.

And it’s no surprise because it’s novel. No built up immunity. No vaccine. No proven treatment. The flu was way worse too until we got a handle on it.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

61,200 out of 42.9 million or 160k and counting out of 4.6 million people?

Pretty clear to me which one is way worse.

And it’s no surprise because it’s novel. No built up immunity. No vaccine. No proven treatment. The flu was way worse too until we got a handle on it.

That's a different argument.  You said it spreads easier.  It clearly doesn't spread easier.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's a different argument.  You said it spreads easier.  It clearly doesn't spread easier.

It spreads easy. Do I care that the flu also spreads easy when the death rate is far, far lower?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

It spreads easy. Do I care that the flu also spreads easy when the death rate is far, far lower?

Tbay just proved to you it doesn't spread easily. Polio spreads easily, measles spreads easily. COVID and Influenza do not.

Also how do you know what the death rate is? Not even our top scientists know. What we do know is that number gets lower and lower every day.

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Tbay just proved to you it doesn't spread easily. Polio spreads easily, measles spreads easily. COVID and Influenza do not.

Also how do you know what the death rate is? Not even our top scientists know. What we do know is that number gets lower and lower every day.

I get what he's saying about the death rate.  He's saying that even with a significantly lower rate of infection, COVID deaths are still double of what the flu is.  He's right... and he's also right on the reason - we have a flu vaccine.  What I don't know is what the effect is by age group.  I'm willing to bet that the survival rates for those 0-55 are fairly equal, with the respect to the flu and COVID.  I just think that the COVID death rate is scary high because of 2 reasons... the affect on the elderly, which is way worse than the flu, and the unprepared (not blaming anyone, we had virtually no heads up), response at the beginning.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that if you start at May 1st through today, the death rate of COVID among people 0-55 is lower than the flu.  I can't verify may assumption because everyone gives a daily count and no totals.  Plus I can eliminate age groups for either instance.  So, it'll have to stay just a hunch.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I get what he's saying about the death rate.  He's saying that even with a significantly lower rate of infection, COVID deaths are still double of what the flu is.  He's right... and he's also right on the reason - we have a flu vaccine.  What I don't know is what the effect is by age group.  I'm willing to bet that the survival rates for those 0-55 are fairly equal, with the respect to the flu and COVID.  I just think that the COVID death rate is scary high because of 2 reasons... the affect on the elderly, which is way worse than the flu, and the unprepared (not blaming anyone, we had virtually no heads up), response at the beginning.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that if you start at May 1st through today, the death rate of COVID among people 0-55 is lower than the flu.  I can't verify may assumption because everyone gives a daily count and no totals.  Plus I can eliminate age groups for either instance.  So, it'll have to stay just a hunch.

I get what he's saying too, but he's wrong about the mortality rate. First we know the mortailty rate is being wrongly reported. If you look at influenza death and spread as dropped to near 0. Is that because nobody is cathing it or because it's being reported as COVID? I would say the latter.

We know the mortality rate is below 0 for healthy people under 65. We also know disgusting governors like Whitmire and Cuomo Put sick people in old folks home causing a spike in deaths. We also know with all the testing we are doing flawed as it is that the death rate goes down every day.

What we will find is COVID is not as deadly as influenza (if we didn't have a vaccine.)

In my zip code it was reported that on May 20, 33 people had died from covid. Then it went down by 2 to 31 for a few days. On May 31 it went to 32 deaths, and as of today it is still at 32. So 1 person has come back from the dead in the past 2 months and no one has died from it.

Put every case and death of regular pneumonia front page of the news every day and that would cause a panic as well.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I get what he's saying too, but he's wrong about the mortality rate. First we know the mortailty rate is being wrongly reported. If you look at influenza death and spread as dropped to near 0. Is that because nobody is cathing it or because it's being reported as COVID? I would say the latter.

We know the mortality rate is below 0 for healthy people under 65. We also know disgusting governors like Whitmire and Cuomo Put sick people in old folks home causing a spike in deaths. We also know with all the testing we are doing flawed as it is that the death rate goes down every day.

What we will find is COVID is not as deadly as influenza (if we didn't have a vaccine.)

Dumb. 4.5 million infected, 155k dead. It’s simple math to get an approximate death rate. Yeah some are infected and don’t know it. Some deaths might not have been calculated. Some aren’t dead yet. But it gives you an idea.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Dumb. 4.5 million infected, 155k dead. It’s simple math to get an approximate death rate. Yeah some are infected and don’t know it. Some deaths might not have been calculated. Some aren’t dead yet. But it gives you an idea.

From the CDC, not sure why this info never reaches you people... 

The number of people in the United States who have been infected with the coronavirus is likely to be 10 times as high as the 2.4 million confirmed cases, based on antibody tests, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

CDC Director Robert Redfield’s estimate, shared with reporters in a conference call, indicates that at least 24 million Americans have been infected so far.