Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Here's what I'm sick of with stay at home defenders

48 minutes ago, nobody said:

We also don't know if some Chinese guy is going to fūck a chinchilla and cause another pandemic.  Lack of knowledge isn't a reason to take action.

That is BS. This virus is here and now. There are 150k dead in less than 6 months. This isn’t just some “what if” situation.

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is BS. This virus is here and now. There are 150k dead in less than 6 months. This isn’t just some “what if” situation.

I remember why they said the death toll would be a lot higher. All of a sudden 150 k is some symbol of failure.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember why they said the death toll would be a lot higher. All of a sudden 150 k is some symbol of failure.  

I don’t know that it is a failure. I think it is just a number at a point in time. There will be people that will point to it as a sign of failure of individuals and others who will say that it could have been worse if not for a particular individual. I don’t buy either argument.

46 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

No.  It's BS that some unknown long term effect should have any bearing at all on what we do now.  You don't make people stay at home because of the mere possibility of some long term effect.  That's just ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

No.  It's BS that some unknown long term effect should have any bearing at all on what we do now.  You don't make people stay at home because of the mere possibility of some long term effect.  That's just ridiculous.

I never said to force people to stay home. Keep up. Also, it is not solely because of the possibility of long term effects. It is because of the burden on the healthcare system if large numbers get sick at once, death, and everything else. 

Then don't bring up the mythical long term effects.  That's acting out of fear.

Long term effects of a virus only a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction, of the population will ever get? 

How about the long term effects of 50 million jobs lost? How about millions and millions losing their homes, cars, savings, credit ratings - how about those long term effects? 

Love my parents and respect my elders, but these people kill me. Their retirement checks are deposited every month, no matter what - and have Medicare.. between curb-side pick up, home delivery, drive thru windows - they never have to get out and basically see another human as long as they live. Meanwhile the rest of us don't have that luxury - the rest of us depend on work, commerce, being in the real world... And they want to tell me to stay home? Give me a break. 

Obese and elderly should have been locked down. Mainly obese but nobody had the balls to address it. This thing kills a lot of fat bodies that's for damn sure. They won't even show those stats on obesity and death but you know they have them. Really sad. I see very obese people still prancing around town. One guy yesterday at the Honeybaked Ham store, him and his large spouse. Dude, can't just pay the $8 and get it delivered? There are enough slight reports of it impacting obese. Doesn't even phase them that they are very high risk of dying.        

On 7/31/2020 at 4:08 PM, nobody said:

We also don't know if some Chinese guy is going to fūck a chinchilla and cause another pandemic.  Lack of knowledge isn't a reason to take action.

I am pretty sure it would be fine if an American guy focked a chinchilla though, right? 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Long term effects of a virus only a fraction, of a fraction, of a fraction, of the population will ever get? 

How about the long term effects of 50 million jobs lost? How about millions and millions losing their homes, cars, savings, credit ratings - how about those long term effects? 

Love my parents and respect my elders, but these people kill me. Their retirement checks are deposited every month, no matter what - and have Medicare.. between curb-side pick up, home delivery, drive thru windows - they never have to get out and basically see another human as long as they live. Meanwhile the rest of us don't have that luxury - the rest of us depend on work, commerce, being in the real world... And they want to tell me to stay home? Give me a break. 

Well said. I don’t necessarily agree with you but you do have a point.

22 minutes ago, nospk said:

I am pretty sure it would be fine if an American guy focked a chinchilla though, right? 

It’s fine when American guys fock your mom. They do it all the time.