Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Here's what I'm sick of with stay at home defenders

People who are in favor of staying home are the most selfish people in this country. If that person has to go work because they need the money, well that's OK since they need the money so long  everyone else stays home (they don't even consider the ramifications on their job) 

Or they themselves want to stay home because this virus is the most dangerous thing since the last major extinction, but it's completely OK for the people who provide services for them to risk going out. 

The arrogant people in our society think the enhanced unemployment is enough for people to live on. They can’t believe people make more than 40-50 k a year. 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

People who are in favor of staying home are the most selfish people in this country. If that person has to go work because they need the money, well that's OK since they need the money so long  everyone else stays home (they don't even consider the ramifications on their job) 

Or they themselves want to stay home because this virus is the most dangerous thing since the last major extinction, but it's completely OK for the people who provide services for them to risk going out. 

It's extremely selfish.  In my opinion, those who are so dead set in favor of stay at home orders are those who are completely safe in their jobs.  And it's BS.  The claim they care about saving lives but they don't seem to care one bit about the devastation that can be caused by losing your job.  

Won't even consider it.  

Horrible horrible people.

Just now, supermike80 said:

It's extremely selfish.  In my opinion, those who are so dead set in favor of stay at home orders are those who are completely safe in their jobs.  And it's BS.  The claim they care about saving lives but they don't seem to care one bit about the devastation that can be caused by losing your job.  

Won't even consider it.  

Horrible horrible people.

100%

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

Most of them work for the government 

My younger Bro does IT for a health care system in the western Chicago burbs.  He and his wife have worked from home for a billion years.  They are both in IT and for a hospital and health care network.  They are completely and totally safe in their jobs, and they are dead set against closing things down.  They know they are lucky and they realize not everyone is.  And they actually care about this fact.  Most that want to shut things down simply don't.  Either not their problem or it's the governments problem.  

• Like 1

Well, yes and no. I certainly see your viewpoint and there’s some truth to it. But, by staying at home, those people are actually helping the rest of us in that they’re not out there contributing to the spread.

The people who are dumb enough to brave the outdoors don't realize that there's a .04% chance of not surviving this horrible, horrible disease.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Wanting schools closed is another one. Usually blm supporters want schools closed. Who suffers the most when schools are closed? Black inner city kids. They do not have sports or the small amount of structure that their public inner city school provides. There is going to be a rise in gang membership because of schools being closed. That doesn't fvcking matter though! None of the "secondary" effects are counted. They don't matter. Ruin the economy, police force, domestic abuse, increase suicide, make inner cities even worse for kids, none of that matters. It's all about the inflated death count. What a fvcking joke. 

You can probably just substitute "people who want everything opened like there was no virus". Both ends of the spectrum don't make sense to me.  Of course, I see that in a lot of areas, so I typically ignore the radicals.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You can probably just substitute "people who want everything opened like there was no virus". Both ends of the spectrum don't make sense to me.  Of course, I see that in a lot of areas, so I typically ignore the radicals.

The death rate is so low though. Small businesses are closing constantly because of stay at home. And it's just Yeah that guy and his employees. It's a secondary affect so it doesn't with the damage

10 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The death rate is so low though. Small businesses are closing constantly because of stay at home. And it's just Yeah that guy and his employees. It's a secondary affect so it doesn't with the damage

Where do you live that everyone has to stay home? Our businesses are open, but with limitations and people wear masks. 

BTW - hospitalizations matter and not just deaths. We still don’t know long term effects or impact of reinfection. I think that would be important info to have before you expose lots of people.

37 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Where do you live that everyone has to stay home? Our businesses are open, but with limitations and people wear masks. 

BTW - hospitalizations matter and not just deaths. We still don’t know long term effects or impact of reinfection. I think that would be important info to have before you expose lots of people.

Chicago and cook county, possibly my county also, are talking about rolling back openings. The secondary affects, no matter how numerous, are not being counted by those who want to stay in lock down.

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Chicago and cook county, possibly my county also, are talking about rolling back openings. The secondary affects, no matter how numerous, are not being counted by those who want to stay in lock down.

So, you can’t go to a store to shop for groceries, can’t go to Home Depot and can’t eat at a restaurant (even outside)?

I think a “lock down” is overkill. But I also think an attitude of “this virus is no different than the flu” is dangerous. There are lots of factors and they aren’t all money or deaths.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, you can’t go to a store to shop for groceries, can’t go to Home Depot and can’t eat at a restaurant (even outside)?

I think a “lock down” is overkill. But I also think an attitude of “this virus is no different than the flu” is dangerous. There are lots of factors and they aren’t all money or deaths.

You can, but limited opening means less jobs are needed. Again, hypocrite who can go to work and or expects enough people who provide you a service to be employed, but fvck anyone else extra in those industries who can't find a job any more

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You can, but limited opening means less jobs are needed. Again, hypocrite who can go to work and or expects enough people who provide you a service to be employed, but fvck anyone else extra in those industries who can't find a job any more

So, you advocate open up everything regardless of the impact of the virus?

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, you advocate open up everything regardless of the impact of the virus?

Yes. The secondary affects are not worth staying closed. Still try to not pass on the virus, but we shouldn't be telling some people they are not allowed to work to feed their family while others can

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Well, yes and no. I certainly see your viewpoint and there’s some truth to it. But, by staying at home, those people are actually helping the rest of us in that they’re not out there contributing to the spread.

If that were true, I'd agree.  But we both know that the mass majority of people who say "stay at home", aren't staying at home themselves.  No one is staying home.  Sure, people are going out less often, but they're still going out.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes. The secondary affects are not worth staying closed. Still try to not pass on the virus, but we shouldn't be telling some people they are not allowed to work to feed their family while others can

You can work, but you might be limited as to what jobs you can do. That is a decision each person has to make and people do not have to "stay at home". They may have to go out under certain guidelines and parameters (masks, distancing, etc.). 

I am not dismissing that there are secondary effects. I just don't think that they are completely avoidable and that opening up like it was before will have a far higher toll on the economy and our healthcare systems. 

We shouldn't be in lock down (which even you admit you aren't) and we shouldn't be in a free-for-all. 

36 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If that were true, I'd agree.  But we both know that the mass majority of people who say "stay at home", aren't staying at home themselves.  No one is staying home.  Sure, people are going out less often, but they're still going out.

I would actually be in favor of a nationally mandated lockdown. It’s what we probably should’ve done back in March. I understand why we didn’t and I don’t know if the federal government even has that authority, but if we had done a true nationwide lockdown for three weeks and followed it up with smart reopening where people actually distanced and wore the focking masks from the get-go, we’d be much better off.

Instead we half-assed the shutdown and tried to interfere in states where they took it seriously. Then the whole mask message was directly undermined for months and the social distancing guidelines allowed to expire. Totally focked it up and now here we are.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I would actually be in favor of a nationally mandated lockdown. It’s what we probably should’ve done back in March. I understand why we didn’t and I don’t know if the federal government even has that authority, but if we had done a true nationwide lockdown for three weeks and followed it up with smart reopening where people actually distanced and wore the focking masks from the get-go, we’d be much better off.

Instead we half-assed the shutdown and tried to interfere in states where they took it seriously. Then the whole mask message was directly undermined for months and the social distancing guidelines allowed to expire. Totally focked it up and now here we are.

If Trump said today, that starting on August 10th, through August 31st, no leaves their house for any reason what-so-ever.  I wouldn't be opposed to it.  Let's get this crap done and over with.  Neither side will want this though.  Red won't want it because the economy will tank horrendously.  Blue won't want it because they can't play the fear card anymore.

It doesn't matter who's in government.  People are stupid and will do what they want.  If they want to go out and be careless, they don't care if Trump or Cuomo told them to do one thing or the other, they'll be careless.  As bad as our politician's are, the general population is worse.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Trump said today, that starting on August 10th, through August 31st, no leaves their house for any reason what-so-ever.  I wouldn't be opposed to it.  Let's get this crap done and over with.  Neither side will want this though.  Red won't want it because the economy will tank horrendously.  Blue won't want it because they can't play the fear card anymore.

It doesn't matter who's in government.  People are stupid and will do what they want.  If they want to go out and be careless, they don't care if Trump or Cuomo told them to do one thing or the other, they'll be careless.  As bad as our politician's are, the general population is worse.

You had the public buying in back in March, before trumps armed insurrection tweets. It is gone now, you’re right about that.

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nationally mandated lockdown? Unconstitutional, counselor. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nationally mandated lockdown? Unconstitutional, counselor. 

I’m fairly sure that’s an open question. It would be much more preferable though that all 50 governors got together (virtually!) and, with a little leadership from the White House, agreed to impose them simultaneously in their states. Probably a fantasy these days, I know—we’re too broken

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m fairly sure that’s an open question. It would be much more preferable though that all 50 governors got together (virtually!) and, with a little leadership from the White House, agreed to impose them simultaneously in their states. Probably a fantasy these days, I know—we’re too broken

Point is, Trump was very limited in what alleged  harm he could do. The pertinent decisions were made by the state governments.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Point is, Trump was very limited in what alleged  harm he could do. The pertinent decisions were made by the state governments.  

That’s a cop out and you know it. He could have led instead of deciding to actively undermine efforts.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s a cop out and you know it. He could have led instead of deciding to actively undermine efforts.

I asked you before to list what Trump had done wrong and your response was that he didn't wear a mask.  You're a joke.

Just now, Strike said:

I asked you before to list what Trump had done wrong and your response was that he didn't wear a mask.  You're a joke.

Bullsh1t, you’re a liar. I gave you an extensive list including his tweeting suggestions of armed insurrection against governors who did choose to employ lockdowns.

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re going to have to back that up. It shouldn’t be difficult. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re going to have to back that up. It shouldn’t be difficult. 

Yeah it’s called the news for the last five months :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Bullsh1t, you’re a liar. I gave you an extensive list including his tweeting suggestions of armed insurrection against governors who did choose to employ lockdowns.

I’m looking for actions that he took, not things that he said. There were plenty of stupid things said by both sides. Cuomo said NY had it under control , that we had the best healthcare system in the world.  

Like when your side called him a xenophobe for limiting travel from China?   Is that what you mean?

So no action , just tweets. Got it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m looking for actions that he took, not things that he said. There were plenty of stupid things said by both sides. Cuomo said NY had it under control , that we had the best healthcare system in the world.  

Yup.  Worms is the typical Orange Man Bad talking point machine.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So no action , just tweets. Got it. 

Plenty of action.  He put together his task force very early on.  He limited travel from China.  He worked with pharma companies to get a vaccine done in record time.  He held daily press conferences to keep us all informed.  The list of ACTIONS goes on and on.  But Orange Man Bad!!!!

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Plenty of action.  He put together his task force very early on.  He limited travel from China.  He worked with pharma companies to get a vaccine done in record time.  He held daily press conferences to keep us all informed.  The list of ACTIONS goes on and on.  But Orange Man Bad!!!!

Like I said, his ability to do actual harm really doesn’t exist. I guess if he denied states equipment or funding you could make that claim, but he didn’t. 

So these clowns on the left ever know wtf they are talking about? Same story, different day.

:doh:

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We also don't know if some Chinese guy is going to fūck a chinchilla and cause another pandemic.  Lack of knowledge isn't a reason to take action.