Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Monitor vs TV for computer.

I just got a new computer and I am using a 32" Vizio 1080p TV to use with the monitor. I'm not happy with it. Things are pixely and the audio crackles during some videos (a lot of people have this problem. TV doesn't crackle ever when used as a TV. And the crackling is gone if I run audio through computer speakers.)

Will a 32" actual monitor, like this one, be better?  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGZRQ98/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_-8kgFbAFCMS4K?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=11ab7a00d3a911eaa764f23d550c29410INT&th=1

Does your tv have a PC setting?I use an older 50 inch samsung tv in my garage for a monitor. Has a PC setting. It looks great , but it's like 4 foot away and 5 foot up on a wall. Bought a cheap HP 32 inch computer monitor for in the house after trying a 32 inch vizio 720. The vizio looked like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. The HP monitor looks great. 

ETA. I run external speakers on all of my computers. OLD AZZ stuff but sounds fine

• Like 1

Samsung TV's interface for computers is on target. The new TV's, it will even tell you it needs to adjust the screen for computer display. I work with large excel files for work and it would be hard to go back to a computer monitor. I also do a lot of conference calls and the sound is so much better. My favorite part though is switching to TV on slow days. I can still see my computer for IM and email updates and just kick it.

Refresh rate is important if you will be gaming.  Some tv's have a poor refresh rate, so gaming monitors are the better route.   

If you're using the computer for pron and the like, then don't worry about it.