Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Beyoncé's ‘Black Is King’ reimagines ‘The Lion King’ as abstract tribute to Black power, beauty and wisdom

I must have missed that day of school that taught that I was a young king looking for a crown in life. I used to just get hell or bad grades for not doing my work.

According to Disney, her new effort is meant to reimagine the lessons of “Lion King” “for today’s young kings and queens in search of their own crowns.

The message — explore and embrace the rich legacy of your ancestors because it’s part of you — may sound simple, but in Beyoncé Knowles-Carter’s hands, it’s hardly a rudimentary platitude. With “Black Is King,” she creates a pageant of sight and sound honoring the Black diaspora...

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-07-31/beyonce-black-is-king-disney-plus-review

Yes. That's not even a liittle racist.  Imagine if Taylor swift came out with "white is king"

52 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really? You could’ve posted this in my thread.

I didn't want to spoil the intent of your thread as you are highlighting her in a good light, where as this is one to me is ridiculous. It seems the whole premise here is that all black people's ancestors were amazing people. This is not true for any one race as a whole in the world. Hell I don't know a lot about my ancestry beyond my grandfather. For all I know, my great great grandfather could have been one of the most evil people on the planet. Probably not, but he also wasn't necessarily a super hero king of kindness and love abounding either.  Who knows? :dunno:

One thing I do know, who my ancestors were, good or bad, is not who I am here today in 2020.

44 minutes ago, peenie said:

Really? You could’ve posted this in my thread.

I mean. In his defense. As soon as someone says something that you find offensive you are gonna just peenie the thread you started. Any interesting topic you start should have a carbon copy for when you do this so we can keep commenting. 

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'm so glad that I live in a peaceful little town without a lot of diversity. It's nice here.

My small town has literally had one protest of about 10 liberals. All known constant complainers just latching on to the new cause. Same people had a #metoo protest...with about that many people attending. 

Personally I don’t care. But I fully believe if this were white oriole they’d have a sh1t fit 

Have fun with that....😆

Meanwhile, Asians will continue to kick your asses across the board because well, they simple "do"......they do not placate.....

27 minutes ago, peenie said:

I love diversity!  

That cast did not look very diverse to me.

40 minutes ago, peenie said:

I love diversity!  

Diversity has nothing to do with merit.  Diversity has nothing to do with quality.  Diversity has nothing to do with how well you do your job.  Diversity has nothing to do with anything except surface window dressing.  And, yet, it is a defining, dominant characteristic as far as the Left is concerned 

So 90s guy was right.  They wuz kangz n stuff.  :o

Ok, so this is from the show:

"“Bless the body born celestial, beautiful in dark matter,” she says over images of the baby’s first days on Earth. “Black is the color of my true love’s skin. Coils and hair catching centuries of prayer spread through smoke. You are welcome to come home to yourself. Let Black be synonymous with glory.”

And this is what is going on in reality (2018):

"Africa just recorded the highest rate of modern-day enslavement in the world.

Armed conflict, state-sponsored forced labor, and forced marriages were the main causes behind the estimated 9.2 million Africans who live in servitude without the choice to do so, according to the 2018 Global Slavery Index. And despite these practices being widespread, slavery has remained a largely invisible issue, in part, because it disproportionately affects the most marginalized members of society, such as minorities, women, and children."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/africa/1333946/global-slavery-index-africa-has-the-highest-rate-of-modern-day-slavery-in-the-world/amp/

--‐-------------------------------‐----------------------------------

Shouldn't this country as a whole come together and address the real life thing going on? Use a united front to combat certain evils in the world? Instead of lying about and revising all of our pasts?

Beyoncé’s just mad because she can’t stop her ass from growing.  She’s headed to fat-land on a one way ticket and she knows it. Sad.

13 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Beyoncé’s just mad because she can’t stop her ass from growing.  She’s headed to fat-land on a one way ticket and she knows it. Sad.

For sure. And even her fans clinging. Here's a comment from the review:

"The sex and sensuality fans are used to in her videos is also toned down, but that doesn’t make the beaded bodysuits, billowing frocks or booty shaking any less Bey-fabulous."

:lol:

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

When she stops working out daily she is going to spread like the plague. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peenie said:

I love diversity!  

I love earning and achieving.

It will get great reviews and no viewers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I didn't want to spoil the intent of your thread as you are highlighting her in a good light, where as this is one to me is ridiculous. It seems the whole premise here is that all black people's ancestors were amazing people. This is not true for any one race as a whole in the world. Hell I don't know a lot about my ancestry beyond my grandfather. For all I know, my great great grandfather could have been one of the most evil people on the planet. Probably not, but he also wasn't necessarily a super hero king of kindness and love abounding either.  Who knows? :dunno:

One thing I do know, who my ancestors were, good or bad, is not who I am here today in 2020.

Even the "good" blacks that don't commit crime still want to see whitey taken down and erased from history. It's just like the Muslim situation. Yeah they aren't all terrorists but even the ones that aren't still smile when they see things happen like Notre Dame. 

• Like 2

I wonder, the problems in Africa today.....is that a whitey-based problem as well?

How nice it must be to sit back and point at the world around you and make your failures the fault of others....