Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

House Gutters

If you need a damn good gutter system get Leaf Solution. I just had it installed. Nothing can get in them, not even pine needles. Just had a heavy rain last night and none of the water went over the edge like my old Leaf Guard system. The micro mesh system they use is triple channeled at an angle screwed in under the shingles. Other micro mess just snaps in on the gutter. Fine for most homes but I have a large single story rancher with over 20 mature trees. Not going to work. They also have this component for the corners to handle heavy flow. Only company that offers these and it really works.

Only issue I had was the contractor. I told him wanted Leaf Solution and he tried to scam me and put in the cheap snap in micro mesh after he agreed to get it. Dirty dirty. I took one look at what he was installing and shut him down. He did concede he was wrong and honored the agreement but just messed up. Here is a video of Leaf Solution:

12 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

What did it cost??

It's not that much for the mesh but I needed all new gutters. My old ones were too small. Last year, we had a crazy situation. 29.5 inches of rain in under 3 hrs. Never seen anything like that in my life and I lived in CA with monsoons and Louisiana. Damn near flooded.  

My house is roughly 3600 sqft, single story. Think the total for removal of gutters, new gutters, mess was $3800 so worse case scenario. Mesh alone likely a 4-500 bucks. A real grudge buy like a fence but no more cleaning gutters are worrying about gutters failing.

So did the guy try cheating you by giving you a quote for one product, then try to sneak in a cheaper product for a greater profit off of you? Or was he trying to save you money by using a cheaper product and then charge you less in the end?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

So did the guy try cheating you by giving you a quote for one product, then try to sneak in a cheaper product for a greater profit off of you? Or was he trying to save you money by using a cheaper product and then charge you less in the end?

Tried to scam me. They all do that around here. Up charge then install the Chinese junk. My brother went to court over some kitchen cabinets and won. They charged him for the US stuff but installed the snot nose Asian kids product.  

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Doesn’t look like it would work well for heavy rain. Also no hot chicks in the video. I’ll pass. 

:lol: Step 1 in the marketing meeting:

Where"s the chick that is going to be in the commercial, and, how does she look naked wearing a tool belt?

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Doesn’t look like it would work well for heavy rain. Also no hot chicks in the video. I’ll pass. 

It does look like that but it does work with heavy rain. I had a big one last night and no problem. It can handle it. Those channels really slow down the rate of flow. Very deceptive though. Other videos showing it with fat rain. 

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Tried to scam me. They all do that around here. Up charge then install the Chinese junk. My brother went to court over some kitchen cabinets and won. They charged him for the US stuff but installed the snot nose Asian kids product.  

Dang. It's sad that it's common. My brother in law once had a addition onto his house. Just a medium sized room off the back of the house used as an exercise room. He was cheap so he hired guy he knew to build it for him. A few minths later they sold the house and he got a court summons a little after that. Ends up the room wasn't built to code. Cost him another 5-10 grand. Doh!!

I'm a former engineer and the crap I catch these guys doing. Sad. Even working from home, I catch most of their crap but they are sneaky good. Sometimes they get over on me.

An AC guy recently, seemed like a nice guy. Paid him to inspect and clean the units. He did go in the attic but this guy was very fat and sweating at 10 AM doing nothing more than walking around my house.

Waited until he left, opened the units LOL! He didn't clean anything. Totally filthy coils. I knew that fat ass couldn't handle it up there. It was tuff for me any I'm in damn good shape. I took a shop vac up there and cleaned them with the brush attachment. Told his boss I would be happy to train his employees if needed. My rate is $200 a day. Also bashed the crap out of them online.   

There are lots of dishonest people out there when they know the customer probably won’t even know how to check or what they’re even looking at if they do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

There are lots of dishonest people out there when they know the customer probably won’t even know how to check or what they’re even looking at if they do.

Exactly. Who is going up there to inspect coils after paying someone. Not many are doing that, especially elderly and women. I got his fat azz though LOL. Choose your subjects to scam better next time.