Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

TikTok ban

Since this country is Sybil I'm certain that TikTk will be unbanned around the same time that the wall is dismantled.  

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Since this country is Sybil I'm certain that TikTk will be unbanned around the same time that the wall is dismantled.  

Sad but true :(

What I heard is that part of registering to use it is you upload a picture of yourself, and your photo and personal data is then logged on some Chinese server somewhere for permanent record keeping.  At some point, when they become the world superpower, they can use this data to weed out people they dislike around the world.  Considering this is China we are talking about, they probably use it to drone strike all the black people with some hype futuristic drone that can pinpoint individuals with astonishing precision.  

Amazing how much personal data people give up freely. I am fighting my boss's boss right now over putting a pic on MS Teams. My actually boss agrees with me. He put up this really grainy blurry pic of himself. I am doing the same. #### this bs. I do not belong to any of this crap. Even Myspace back in the day I said #### that bs. People are generally feeble minded when it comes to this stuff.  

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Amazing how much personal data people give up freely. I am fighting my boss's boss right now over putting a pic on MS Teams. My actually boss agrees with me. He put up this really grainy blurry pic of himself. I am doing the same. Fvck this bs. I do not belong to any of this crap. Even Myspace back in the day I said fvck that bs. People are generally feeble minded when it comes to this stuff.  

People under 30 don't give a sh1t about their data.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

People under 30 don't give a sh1t about their freedom.

Maybe our young kids will quit learming to be exhibitionists and having the look at me culture

I really haven’t followed this much. What is tiktok doing that’s worse than Facebook etc?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I really haven’t followed this much. What is tiktok doing that’s worse than Facebook etc?

Your overlords will get their talking points to you here in a few hours, just be patient 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Your overlords will get their talking points to you here in a few hours, just be patient 

:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It's Chinese owned which is the biggest issue. They are using it to capture data on Americans. I hope Trump uses these next 4.5 years to block as much Chinese influence as possible.

53 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

FB is next. Hit the weaker target then hone in on the main tunnel and collapse it. 

I barely know what Tik Tok is and have zero idea why it is even discussed to be banned.

Cliff Notes version? 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's Chinese owned which is the biggest issue. They are using it to capture data on Americans. I hope Trump uses these next 4.5 years to block as much Chinese influence as possible.

Its kinda too late.  China already has all the data it needs.

52 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I barely know what Tik Tok is and have zero idea why it is even discussed to be banned.

Cliff Notes version? 

China is pairing photos, names, personal data on Americans and likely will use it to target / kill the Americans they don't like in the future once they reach world superpower status.

If it was me, I'd block all chinese apps. Merely to retaliate that Google, Facebook, hundreds of other apps and websites are blocked in China.

Tit for tat mother fockers. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, riversco said:

China is pairing photos, names, personal data on Americans and likely will use it to target / kill the Americans they don't like in the future once they reach world superpower status.

Is Facebook gathering data to kill people? I’m just not getting this leap. I mean yeah China is bad. But Facebook etc aren’t necessarily any better. They might be American companies but it isn’t the American government. They can and will do anything they damn well please with the data. Hell even the American government uses all that sh1t to spy on its own citizens, we know that.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Its kinda too late.  China already has all the data it needs.

I wouldn't say it's too late. The less they get the better

TicToc is some app kids use to post videos of themselves or whatever. They like it, whatever features appeal to them.

They collect personal data like other sites but the difference is that they are Chinese owned.

------

The way I figure it, the Chinese have all the data they could ever want on me, I live here and my computer skills are non-existent. In theory, yes, I would want my data protected, in reality, if living here, I doubt Steve Wozniak could protect his data, let alone my dumb ass. Whatever I'm doing, I've kept on the right side of the Chinese government for nineteen years, they've never bothered me. TBBOM the same and neither of us censor our opinions here. I know full well the jackboot thugs are out there if I get out of line. Eh.... elect Kamala Harris as vice president and the jack boot thugs may be coming to a country near you.

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, the evil fantasy football site, they collect personal data too and they are just as likely, if not more so, to fock your life over than the Chinese government (your-life not mine). Look at what they do to Laura Loomer, Gavin MacInness Milo, and all these people.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

TicToc is some app kids use to post videos of themselves or whatever. They like it, whatever features appeal to them.

They collect personal data like other sites but the difference is that they are Chinese owned.

------

The way I figure it, the Chinese have all the data they could ever want on me, I live here and my computer skills are non-existent. In theory, yes, I would want my data protected, in reality, if living here, I doubt Steve Wozniak could protect his data, let alone my dumb ass. Whatever I'm doing, I've kept on the right side of the Chinese government for nineteen years, they've never bothered me. TBBOM the same and neither of us censor our opinions here. I know full well the jackboot thugs are out there if I get out of line. Eh.... elect Kamala Harris as vice president and the jack boot thugs may be coming to a country near you.

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, the evil fantasy football site, they collect personal data too and they are just as likely, if not more so, to fock your life over than the Chinese government (your-life not mine). Look at what they do to Laura Loomer, Gavin MacInness Milo, and all these people.

I have a longstanding theory about our yellow commie overlords. They don't really give a fock what you or I are saying to other focking foreigners on a small scale.

From what I can tell, you get in trouble with the chinkcoms in one of two ways... 

1. You involve Chinese people.

2. You are massively broadcasting sh!t that makes them look bad. 

Here in China, the main social media is wechat. One feature there, like Facebook, is groups. There are many foreigner groups. Once upon a time, I was in some of them. Those places were racist horrible cesspits that would make this place blush.

What happened? They all ended up with some Chinese people in there who dimed everyone out. Then they passed the law that the host of a group is responsible for anything said in the group.

I avoid that sh!t like the plague now. On the rare occasions I need to communicate with other China expats, I do it on Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg may be a kvnt, but he can't arrest me. 

11 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Don’t worry. Trump is for it, you’re against it. Isn’t that what’s really important here? If you have gone so far as to actually be against deporting violent criminals here illegally , are you going to all of a sudden align yourself with him on any issue? Have you ever taken inventory of the things you are against simply because Trump is for them? You stopped thinking a while ago. HTH. 

• Like 1

Protecting the most evil government in the world. One that is destroying the Amazon, killing the oceans, creating viruses meant to wipe out millions, shoving religious into trains and sending them to camps. All because Trump. Democrats are indeed the enemy.

And they love that iphone.

50 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Protecting the most evil government in the world. One that is destroying the Amazon, killing the oceans, creating viruses meant to wipe out millions, shoving religious into trains and sending them to camps. All because Trump. Democrats are indeed the enemy.

And they love that iphone.

Normally I'd be willing to help my Chicoms buddies out by pointing to Syria, Iran, or North Korea as the most evil government in the world but ever since that video of Uighurs in Xingjiang was released, I think I think I'll take a pass.

I'm very Uighur-friendly, I've long told you, maybe a half dozen times, that IMO they have the best restaurant food of any Chinese ethnic minority. My first month in China I hated the food but I forced myself to eat, thinking I'd get use to it, my second month I saw that wasn't working so I gave up and started skipped meals, my third month in I found a Uighur restaurant and I went there every day for the next half a year. I couldn't read the damn menu, I'd just point to the top thing on it, the next time I'd point at the second, then the third. Once I got to the bottom, I'd start back again at the top and work my way down a second time. Until I got use to the food here, it was that Uighur restaurant that helped me transition.

I didn't tell you guys this next part before because its new, and I don't know details why it happened, but the Uighur restaurant nearest my house, when I went by there last week...  it was closed. I don't know if it's related to this situation or not. I'm scared for the family that runs it. I just know that I took my family there and it was closed down for good and not coming back, a new store is put in it's place and operating. I was stunned and we kept walking to have dinner at a nearby chuanchuan restaurant another two minutes away.

Next time I'm downtown, I'm not going to go that that German restaurant that just opened last year, I'm going to stop by the Uighur restaurant near the kindergarten that I use to work at. That kindergarten provided free food... I almost never ate it. It was so convenient, there is a Uighur restaurant a minute's walk from the gate.

(different restaurants, I've moved five times in four cities in China and each time, one of the first things I do is I always locate the nearest Uighur restaurant. That last job before I started my own school, having a Uighur restaurant right there, by shear coincidence, was a major reason I took that job).

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Normally I'd be willing to help my Chicoms buddies out by pointing to Syria, Iran, or North Korea as the most evil government in the world but ever since that video of Uighurs in Xingjiang was released, I think I think I'll take a pass.

This is happening out in the open and no one is even talking about it. I can only think that china is off limits because of Biden. New holocaust bedamned.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t worry. Trump is for it, you’re against it. Isn’t that what’s really important here? If you have gone so far as to actually be against deporting violent criminals here illegally , are you going to all of a sudden align yourself with him on any issue? Have you ever taken inventory of the things you are against simply because Trump is for them? You stopped thinking a while ago. HTH. 

That’s not it at all, doosh. Just trying to understand the issue. :doh:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s not it at all, doosh. Just trying to understand the issue. :doh:

I thought I was trying to understand the issue but then when I realized that I really don't know nor do I care what TicToc is and does, nor do I want to take the time to look it up, it dawned on me that, no, I'm not really trying to understand the issue and don't care at all.

Unfortunately, some Chinese friend will probably ask me about this thing and I'll have to try harder or I'll feel like a dumbass like when the 5G stuff with Huawei was going on and I couldn't care less and so didn't click any links. If I'm lucky, none of my friends care about some dumb teenybopper app and I get a pass.

TicToc, Huawei, technology and apps don't interest me, they cause eternal frustration when I attempt to use them before failing and invariably giving up, I don't understand what I read, I don't use them effectively at all and everything goes over my head.

22 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I thought I was trying to understand the issue but then when I realized that I really don't know nor do I care what TicToc is and does, nor do I want to take the time to look it up, it dawned on me that, no, I'm not really trying to understand the issue and don't care at all.

Unfortunately, some Chinese friend will probably ask me about this thing and I'll have to try harder or I'll feel like a dumbass like when the 5G stuff with Huawei was going on and I couldn't care less and so didn't click any links. If I'm lucky, none of my friends care about some dumb teenybopper app and I get a pass.

TicToc, Huawei, technology and apps don't interest me, they cause eternal frustration when I attempt to use them before failing and invariably giving up, I don't understand what I read, I don't use them effectively at all and everything goes over my head.

TicToc seems like more of a first amendment issue to me. It’s the government dictating how and where US citizens can express themselves. So it seems to me like there should be a pretty damn good reason, and that’s all I’m trying to figure out.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Yeah, the US Treasury Dept. will get a cut of that money...just like Mexico paid for the wall.  🤣

This makes my leg hair stand up! :mad:

Just now, drobeski said:

This makes my leg hair stand up! :mad:

Well at least something on you is getting some exercise.

it is banned on iOS devices at work. I am in charge of that :d

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Well at least something on you is getting some exercise.

Watching clips of creepy dementia head Joe try to speak helps with the abs too.