Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

California is easing its bar exam score

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-26/california-lowers-bar-exam-score-coronavirus

"The California Supreme Court, which oversees the state bar, agreed to lower the passing score for the exam, a victory for law school deans who have long hoped the change would raise the number of Black and Latino people practicing law."

Diversity is our strength?

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-26/california-lowers-bar-exam-score-coronavirus

"The California Supreme Court, which oversees the state bar, agreed to lower the passing score for the exam, a victory for law school deans who have long hoped the change would raise the number of Black and Latino people practicing law."

Diversity is our strength?

I love that they are calling blacks and Latinos stupid. But they are so stupid they don’t realize they are being called stupid 😂

• Thanks 1

USMC confirmed lower physical fitness test score for latinos decades ago. When asked about it their response is they don't not know why. Disgraceful answer but maybe, one day,  we get to the point where we accept certain races are very good at some things and not so good at other things.

No different than very short, strong males make outstanding horse jockeys. Is this really so difficult to accept. Where are the female jockeys? Where are the female firefighters. Where are the world class black swimmers. 

And there is no shame. Certain races, genders are better at certain things. Just admit it and move on. Why is this so phucking hard to accept. Maybe that is the fundamental problem. It actually is the fundamental problem though. We are not phucking EQUAL. Can we just accept it and move on instead of lowering scores.

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

USMC confirmed lower physical fitness test score for latinos decades ago. When asked about it their response is they don't not know why. Disgraceful answer but maybe, one day,  we get to the point where we accept certain races are very good at some things and not so good at other things.

No different than very short, strong males make outstanding horse jockeys. Is this really so difficult to accept. Where are the female jockeys? Where are the female firefighters. Where are the world class black swimmers. 

And there is no shame. Certain races, genders are better at certain things. Just admit it and move on. Why is this so phucking hard to accept. Maybe that is the fundamental problem. It actually is the fundamental problem though. We are not phucking EQUAL. Can we just accept it and move on instead of lowering scores.

It's a good point about horse jockeys. I never considered this. Unlike most sports, this one favors short/light athletes and It's not like there's a gender barrier to get in. Even the shortest lightest males are going to be heavier than the shortest lightest females, so it's a huge built in advantage for women. If genders were equal, it doesn't make sense that this sport right here would be /should be dominated by women, and yet, it isn't.

That said, I do remember in the early 90s, a woman jockey won the Belmont Stakes, and full props to her, but rather than being Jackie Robinson and opening the floodgates, it didn't happen. I don't think there's been another one has there?

Good.  Now maybe Worms can pass the bar in more states than just Alaska

Great, now if we need professional legal advice, we can ask Sux.

Dumbing down requirements for minorities to be lawyers, firemen, and soldiers? You have to jump through a lot of hoops to explain how this is good for the country.

And raising their state taxes, again. Love it. 

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's a good point about horse jockeys. I never considered this. Unlike most sports, this one favors short/light athletes and It's not like there's a gender barrier to get in. Even the shortest lightest males are going to be heavier than the shortest lightest females, so it's a huge built in advantage for women. If genders were equal, it doesn't make sense that this sport right here would be /should be dominated by women, and yet, it isn't.

That said, I do remember in the early 90s, a woman jockey won the Belmont Stakes, and full props to her, but rather than being Jackie Robinson and opening the floodgates, it didn't happen. I don't think there's been another one has there?

But not always:

A  handicap race in horse racing is a race in which horses carry different weights, allocated by the handicapper. A better horse will carry a heavier weight, to give it a disadvantage when racing against slower horses.

The skill in betting on a handicap race lies in predicting which horse can overcome its handicap.[1] Although most handicap races are run for older, less valuable horses, this is not true in all cases; some great races are handicaps, such as the Grand National steeplechase in England and the Melbourne Cup in Australia. In the United States over 30 handicap races are classified as Grade I, the top level of the North American grading system.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

But not always:

A  handicap race in horse racing is a race in which horses carry different weights, allocated by the handicapper. A better horse will carry a heavier weight, to give it a disadvantage when racing against slower horses.

The skill in betting on a handicap race lies in predicting which horse can overcome its handicap.[1] Although most handicap races are run for older, less valuable horses, this is not true in all cases; some great races are handicaps, such as the Grand National steeplechase in England and the Melbourne Cup in Australia. In the United States over 30 handicap races are classified as Grade I, the top level of the North American grading system.

So if they wanted to include more equality in basketball, which is only fair to all people, the better players should be forced to wear heavy ankle and wrist weights. That way, it will truly be an all inclusive woke sport. As they claim to be now. Maybe since they love China so much, more of those people can be part of the fun.

21 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So if they wanted to include more equality in basketball, which is only fair to all people, the better players should be forced to wear heavy ankle and wrist weights. That way, it will truly be an all inclusive woke sport. As they claim to be now. Maybe since they love China so much, more of those people can be part of the fun.

HARRISON BERGERON by Kurt Vonnegut a short fiction dystopian vision of this subject where all people were handicapped in life to make everyone equal.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

We lost California years ago.  Might as well sell it back to Mexico.

It's a lot more border wall, but I'll volunteer my time to help build it.

Hmmm.... 🤔

This bored could use another fake lawyer. 

Only a matter of time until you get your law degree from Costco

Go ahead and lower scores. It won't change anything. Never does. The smartest, wittiest, hardest workers always rise to the top. Especially in my field. We have these brainiacs with these for profit degrees and zero experience. They ALWAYS screw stuff up and I mean royally. You know who has to clean up their crap? Someone with a real degree, real skills and tons of experience gained the hard effin way over a lifetime of actually earning something with all the trials, failures and lessons learned.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

HARRISON BERGERON by Kurt Vonnegut a short fiction dystopian vision of this subject where all people were handicapped in life to make everyone equal.

Whoever wrote this doesnt know d1ck about Vonnegut.

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Whoever wrote this doesnt know d1ck about Vonnegut.

Triple Lindy!!! Rodney kicks ass. :banana:

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Only a matter of time until you get your law degree from Costco

Unless they've changed it, you don't even need a law degree to sit for the California bar. Back in the day, anyone who wanted to could take it. 

Well, I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit. Enough that you won't illegally search my .