Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Too crazy and forward?

Despite posting stuff I see on Twitter somewhat frequently here, I'm not much of an active participant there. I don't even know what my direct message settings are.

However, 5 years ago I looked up a guy I had met in person (while at work; served him in a public facing role) on Twitter, and was :pointstosky:to find him. I messaged him; let him know I enjoyed our conversation and would be interested in going out if he was single. He responded back that he was flattered and would love to go out sometime. In between sending my message and his response, I checked out the accounts he was following on Twitter and got a little deflated. I was pretty sure I was going to be too puritanical for him and he was going to be too debaucherous for me. We texted back and forth, got close to forging successful plans (our schedules were opposing), but communication fizzled out after a couple weeks. No loss, I was mostly sure.

But the things I liked about him: He's in public safety and was doing all the right steps to get a lasting career in that going, which I admired. He had visible passion for his trajectory, which takes courage and some nobility in my mind, so that was pretty attractive. Now that I've internet stalked him again this evening, I see that he's a fire captain now. He looks like he's aged more than I have (at least I'd like to think :D) and he looks like a man instead of a young man now. Back then he struck me as super seasoned with the ladies. Too seasoned. Like he wouldn't be able to help playing me because that's where he was in life. Now he looks like he's in a different place. Maybe he's married. Not seeing evidence of that, only some stuff that's career related.

So I'm thinking of actually bumping that 5 year old Twitter DM. My phone number has long since changed and I didn't keep his info. He came to my mind today strongly, after only once in a while thinking about him - mostly due to using the share function on Twitter and the app suggesting him as a contact to share with. 

I have no idea what to say except just be honest. And even then, I don't really have a good sense of what to say. I'd be really amazed if he messaged me after all this time. Wouldn't know how to process that. So it's kind of weird to do that action myself and likely make that impact on him. Haunted by this temptation. This feels like a 15 on the 1 - 10 crazy scale though. 

3 minutes ago, naomi said:

Despite posting stuff I see on Twitter somewhat frequently here, I'm not much of an active participant there. I don't even know what my direct message settings are.

However, 5 years ago I looked up a guy I had met in person (while at work; served him in a public facing role) on Twitter, and I was :pointstosky:to find him. I messaged him; let him know I enjoyed our conversation and would be interested in going out if he was single. He responded back that he was flattered and would love to go out sometime. In between sending my message and his response, I checked out the accounts he was following on Twitter and got a little deflated. I was pretty sure I was going to be too puritanical for him and he was going to be too debaucherous for me. We texted back and forth, got close to forging successful plans at one point (our schedules were opposing), but communication fizzled out after a couple weeks. No loss, I was pretty sure.

But the things I liked about him: He's in public safety and was doing all the right steps to get a lasting career in that going, which I admired. He had visible passion for his trajectory, which takes courage and some nobility in my mind, so that was pretty attractive. Now that I've internet stalked him again this evening, I see that he's a fire captain now. He looks like he's aged more than I have (at least I'd like to think :D) and he looks like a man instead of a young man now. Back then he struck me as super seasoned with the ladies. Too seasoned. Like he wouldn't be able to help playing me because that's where he was in life. Now he looks like he's in a different place. Maybe he's married. Not seeing evidence of that, only some stuff that's career related.

So I'm thinking of actually bumping that 5 year old Twitter DM. My phone number has long since changed and I didn't keep his info. He came to my mind today strongly, after only once in a while thinking about him - mostly due to using the share function on Twitter and the app suggesting him as a contact to share with. 

I have no idea what to say except just be honest. And even then, I don't really have a good sense of what to say. I'd be really amazed if he messaged me after all this time. Wouldn't know how to process that. So it's kind of weird to do that action myself and likely make that impact on him. Haunted by this temptation. This feels like a 15 on the 1 - 10 crazy scale though. 

If it doesn’t work out with Fire Marshall Bill give me a ring.  https://youtu.be/UJ6pLKlU-8Q

• Haha 1

Do it. Likely married but so what. Never know. I still talk to an old gf that dumped me from 20 yrs ago and even told my wife. She is fine with it. We might talk to each other a few time a year...happy bd, christmas...stuff like that. I feel really awful though because her husband recently died. He was a police officer trying to stop a robbery. They caught the guy but he got shot. Very sickening. I check up on her more now hoping she can push through it. 

Wow, that's rough; glad you're being a friend amidst the darkness she's dealing with.

Anyone that read the whole thing I've lost all respect for. The correct response to that wall of text is " show me your tiities" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So you approached him out of nowhere, directly told him you wanted to date him, and he never asked you out and slowly you lost contact?  Either he is very dumb or had a gf.  Sure ask again, all he can do is reject you again.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

So you approached him out of nowhere, directly told him you wanted to date him, and he never asked you out and slowly you lost contact?  Either he is very dumb or had a gf.  Sure ask again, all he can do is reject you again.

Of course, he's going to expect that the chick who basically asked him out twice over a 5 year period is thirsty for the d. That may end up being a problem for our young lass. 

• Like 1

Naomi are you back on the market?  Am I crazy, or were you in a relationship for the last bunch of years?  🤔

I didn’t read the post but my vote is “too crazy.”

9 hours ago, riversco said:

IIRC, he had to come to my work on two different days close in to each other. Instant attraction when we met, good conversation. I was a month into the job and especially discreet due to dealing with people's personal records. He was also grabbing something important for his next career step, so it seemed really plausible to me the climate/operating by the book professionally, had been in the way a little bit. Enter online message. Over text, I think he got us close to having plans to meet up (he had super long days and was off when I was on), but it was probably a little more me that didn't make it happen.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I didn’t read the post but my vote is “too crazy.”

:D

Tl;dr. 

But given thread title and poster asking question—yes. Definitely too crazy.

1 hour ago, naomi said:

IIRC, he had to come to my work on two different days close in to each other. Instant attraction when we met, good conversation. I was a month into the job and especially discreet due to dealing with people's personal records. He was also grabbing something important for his next career step, so it seemed really plausible to me the climate/operating by the book professionally, had been in the way a little bit. Enter online message. Over text, I think he got us close to having plans to meet up (he had super long days and was off when I was on), but it was probably a little more me that didn't make it happen.

I say don't overthink it.  Just ask.  Can't recall ever having someone upset that I asked.

Did better internet sleuthing. He's married. Sigh. I was hoping to either at least amuse you guys by embarrassing myself, or have a cool reconnection story (ideally, this one).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, naomi said:

Did better internet sleuthing. He's married. Sigh. I was hoping to either at least amuse you guys by embarrassing myself, or have a cool reconnection story (ideally, this one).

I like your odds now

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, naomi said:

Marriage success is under 50% these days I hear... hold out a year or two and he'll likely be back on the market. :thumbsup: