Sign in to follow this  
MDC

You’ve got to hand it to the NBA

First Adam Silver reads the tea leaves on covid and shuts down the league at a time when Trump is calling the virus a hoax and holding rallies. Silver probably saved lives with his brave act. Then the league comes up with the bubble scenario. So far so good especially considering what a cluster fock MLB has been. Finally he courts are emblazoned with Black Lives Matter and the players all have beautiful social messages like Equality and Justice on their jerseys.

Complete success. I love this game. :first: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Rachel Maddow has higher ratings than the NBA.  That should tell you something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

and the players all have beautiful social messages like Equality and Justice on their jerseys.

"Free Tibet" is not allowed on NBA jerseys. 

10 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

"Free Tibet" is not allowed on NBA jerseys. 

What about Free Hong Kong?

Yeah, great job alienating millions of people by introducing politics into the sport - you know, the sport we watch to get away from crap like politics.  Pure genius.

• Like 3

I’ve been watching the restart. Kinda weird without real fans there and whatever the fock they have going on up there in “the stands” is just distracting. But I have been enjoying it and am excited for the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Yeah, great job alienating millions of people by introducing politics into the sport - you know, the sport we watch to get away from crap like politics.  Pure genius.

I can tell from the GC how tired all you guys are of politics. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

The NBA started again?

Who the hell watches the NBA anymore? Bunch of retard players and viewers.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

What about Free Hong Kong?

Phooey on you 

Just saw this for the first time tonight...Any Sublime fans here have prolly already seen it, but still

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Who the hell watches the NBA anymore? Bunch of retard players and viewers.

Uhh..Mebbe people who love the sport?  :dunno:

I love watching Skateboarding in most of its forms. How retarded does that make me?  Well...It doesn't

Just now, Patented Phil said:

I can assure you that when I go to a strip club I don’t talk about politics, insurance, or particle physics.  I’m talking about how big her melons are and if she wants to snort a line off my pecker in the back room.  You get it now?

He never got it in the first place. Dude has been a eunuch since birth. He also doesn't know anything about politics, insurance, or particle physics. He's a master at being an idiot though. Go NBA. :rolleyes:

At least 8 times on this board alone..I've said that pro sports -- citing MLB, NBA and NFL -- aren't target sports fans anymore.

Here is my post from earlier today....

So who does the NFL pick up when the football fans leave?  They are starting to target non-football watching liberals. 

Liberals watch Kardashians, sewing shows, Katy Perry gets a haircut shows,  Dancing Island, etc.     The NFL will have to incorporate dirty dancing among players, have 50% of its players be gay, and have a FOUR - 3-minute quarters of football with a 2 hour halftime show featuring an hour of ballet dancing and an hour of liberal political discussion.   When the game is over, they will have the players kiss on the lips for 30 seconds each in a line, to signify the end of the game.

And here, my point is proven:  

2 hours ago, MDC said:

the courts are emblazoned with Black Lives Matter and the players all have beautiful social messages like Equality and Justice on their jerseys.

LOL.  You'd think MDC was an alias of mine, trying to make me look like I know what I'm talking about. 

Nope. All on his own.  Did EXACTLY what I said.  Attracted to the non-sports part of the "game".  The non-sports minded folks are the ones the pro sports leagues are now after...and the proof is in the pudding.  

59 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Phooey on you 

Just saw this for the first time tonight...Any Sublime fans here have prolly already seen it, but still

The world was robbed of a lot of awesome music we'll never get to hear when Sublime's lead singer overdosed.  That still ticks me off.

I dont watch the NBA.  But I havent for a while now.  I remmeber not that long ago over unders being 198.  202.  208 would be quite large.  Now all of them are 220. 230.  Saw a 238.  

It is basically a foul shooting contest.  A large part of the game is seeing how many fouls you can make the ref call.  Flopping in the post.   A guy I saw last week said it well...you shouldnt do or be allowed to do anything you wouldnt do in a pickup game.  In a pick up game you are not flopping around like a goodball.  Why? Because there is no ref to sway.  But in a real game that is basically a key skill now.  Flopping.

Unwatchable.  Has been for a while.

The league is geared towards small minded, immature kids. Someone who's brain has not yet or may never fully develop will enjoy this type of entertainment.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MDC said:

First Adam Silver reads the tea leaves on covid and shuts down the league at a time when Trump is calling the virus a hoax and holding rallies. Silver probably saved lives with his brave act. Then the league comes up with the bubble scenario. So far so good especially considering what a cluster fock MLB has been. Finally he courts are emblazoned with Black Lives Matter and the players all have beautiful social messages like Equality and Justice on their jerseys.

The NHL has done the exact same. Sans alienating half the population with race baiting. The NHL doesn't have it's on network in ESPN and Disney and ABC, just has lowly NBC

The Montreal Canadiens’ 3-2 overtime win against the Pittsburgh Penguins on 1st August was the most-watched National Hockey League (NHL) game of the 2019/20 season, excluding the Winter Classic.

The game averaged a total audience delivery (TAD) of 1.572 million viewers for commercial broadcaster NBC, which holds the rights to the North American ice hockey league in the United States.

ABC's coverage of the Houston Rockets' 120-116 win over the Milwaukee Bucks averaged a 0.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 2.18 million viewers in the fast national ratings

My favorite part of the nba restart has been the socially distant bench seating for the players. Assigned seats, three rows. 

makes a ton of sense since they were just in the game sweating all over each other. Giannis was bleeding from the elbow yesterday or the last time they played but thank god he’s not near anyone while sitting on the bench :D

14 hours ago, Drizzay said:

The NBA started again?

Yes they are kneeling in China for the oppressed people...oh wait, wrong agenda.....

14 hours ago, MDC said:

why don't they let more whiteys in their league?

Tucker Carlson gets way bigger ratings every night. So does Hannity. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

why don't they let more whiteys in their league?

There seems to be an oppression against white players.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

There seems to be an oppression against white players.  :dunno:

There are a few things I need from Target. Maybe I'll grab a bag of rocks and go shopping there.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

There are a few things I need from Target. Maybe I'll grab a bag of rocks and go shopping there.

Make sure you burn it after you stolen what you need, dont forget that 50 inch TB too...... because, y'know.....black lives matter and what not....

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tucker Carlson gets way bigger ratings every night. So does Hannity. Lol. 

Lol

CNN?

What about comic book shows ?

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Make sure you burn it after you stolen what you need, dont forget that 50 inch TB too...... because, y'know.....black lives matter and what not....

Good point. Let me go get my jogging shoes and my backpack.

17 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Lol

CNN?

What about comic book shows ?

Comic book readers and the people that watch the NBA are the same crew. Effeminate, limpwristed man-children dependent on others for what they have. It’s sad.  

6 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I dont watch the NBA.  But I havent for a while now.  I remmeber not that long ago over unders being 198.  202.  208 would be quite large.  Now all of them are 220. 230.  Saw a 238.  

It is basically a foul shooting contest.  A large part of the game is seeing how many fouls you can make the ref call.  Flopping in the post.   A guy I saw last week said it well...you shouldnt do or be allowed to do anything you wouldnt do in a pickup game.  In a pick up game you are not flopping around like a goodball.  Why? Because there is no ref to sway.  But in a real game that is basically a key skill now.  Flopping.

Unwatchable.  Has been for a while.

Good post. Defense is basically not allowed anymore. They need to come back on that big time. I understand not wanting to have the 80-85 score games because the Pistons, Knicks etc are just literally kicking the sh1t out of everyone, but it’s gone too far the other direction.

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Comic book readers and the people that watch the NBA are the same crew. Effeminate, limpwristed man-children dependent on others for what they have. It’s sad.  

BLM signs on their front yards, if they can afford a yard. 

15 hours ago, MDC said:

Finally he courts are emblazoned with Black Lives Matter and the players all have beautiful social messages like Equality and Justice on their jerseys.

Can any terrorist organization purchase advertising on the court?...or, just the one?

I've been watching, actually.  Watched the Lakers/Clippers.  I noticed that the higher-level players had their own names on their jerseys, while the marginals seemed to embrace the pandering messages. 

Badly needed win for the 76ers last night. 4th quarter defense was again an issue. I was happy for Shake Milton to redeem himself after such a terrible first game back.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Badly needed win for the 76ers last night. 4th quarter defense was again an issue. I was happy for Shake Milton to redeem himself after such a terrible first game back.

Spurs fan.  They needed it, too.  They're on the outside.  A missed free throw and mental lapse on D within 5 seconds of each other costs another one.  That's how the Spurs rolled all year.