Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Trivial things that bug the hell out of you?

17 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

If you want to have a long text conversation, don't. Just call me. 

I like to text...so that would apply to me.

Kids who think they have carte blanche to play on my lawn.  :mad:

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

Might be more worthy of an email.

27 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'll add to that but in a different scenario. If you want to have a long text conversation, don't. Just call me. 

And I would say the opposite of this is true. If I send you a quick text, it does not mean to call me directly back. A short text will be just fine. If I wanted to talk to your ass I would have called in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Women waiting until the cashier rings all their stuff up before reaching into their pocketbook and taking out their card. 

Plenty of men and children do this as well, though, women are the biggest offenders.

47 minutes ago, peenie said:

Don't leave me voicemails, text if you have something to say. I'm never ever listening to voicemails.

Here is what my voicemails sound like:

VM 1:  Hi...it's your mother....it's 2:25 pm.....August 8th.....click

VM 2: shuffle sounds.....muffled talking......wind sounds.....1 minute later, click

VM 3: Hello Freeda? I'm on the way, I'm gonna honk, come right outside. (My name isn't Freeda)

VM 4: Spanish speaking recording

VM 5: Chinese speaking recording

VM 6: Mom, I keep calling and you're not picking up...click

VM 7: Hello, it's time for your Honda service

VM 8: (recording) Are you looking to make extra money? Call us at...

VM 9: You've just won a free stay at Marriot

YES!  +1000000!

I HATE voicemails.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

This is true. Text and IM is weak unless it's strictly work related or thongs like addresses or phone numbers dates or the like. 

Albert Mehrabian, a pioneer researcher of body language in the 1950's, found that the total impact of a message is about 7 percent verbal (words only) and 38 percent vocal (including tone of voice, inflection, and other sounds) and 55 percentnonverbal.Sep 24, 2006

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

A webpage is loading, but the link you want is already there, so you go to click on it, and at that exact instant, more of the page loads and the link moves somewhere else and you end up clicking on something you totally did not want.  :mad:

That's on purpose to get people to click ads / malware.

28 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

What?  I've always pictured you in a penthouse office with a 350 degree view. 

At least you don't have to brown bag it since you've got the Yeti. 

He can’t have a window because what he’s working on is top secret. 

• Like 1

People in line at the supermarket trying to have a wonderful long conversation with the checkout girl in order to be polite to her, while not realizing that this is slowing down the queue and angering the 6 people in line behind them.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He can’t have a window because what he’s working on is top secret. 

ha.  I just noticed that I typed 350 instead of 360.  I think I'll leave it. 

1 minute ago, riversco said:

Buying something at 7/11 and the clerk asking me if I want a bag.  I mean, I'm NOT that ugly!

Don't flatter yourself.  

When kids or young adults say "my bad" to excuse them of something they did wrong. 

OK Skippy I see you caught my house on fire with your weed vape pen

My bad. 

Rugged individualist types that lecture me on how awesome they are that they can do everything for themselves, refuse my help when offered, and then hit a crisis in life and suddenly are begging for my aid.  NO ONE can do life alone you fockheads.  Reminds me that scene in Blues Brothers where the Belushi tells the nun "I guess you are up shiit creek!"

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

People that do not pay attention to where others are in the grocery store, Costco, etc. I don't know how many times I have almost been run over by a cart from someone trying to get to the sample area. 

The general lack of spatial awareness of the general public.  If its not right in front of their nose, it doesn't exist.  Most often this is seen in males up to age 30, but can be anyone.

People riding their bicycles on a crowded sidewalk.  I've seen them practically knock people over as they fly by at 15 mph+.  The sidewalk is for foot traffic.  When you pass a pedestrian on the sidewalk, get off the bike and WALK it.  Then get back on when you pass them.  If you are incapable of that, ride the bicycle on the street.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

People riding their bicycles on a crowded sidewalk.  I've seen them practically knock people over as they fly by at 15 mph+.  The sidewalk is for foot traffic.  When you pass a pedestrian on the sidewalk, get off the bike and WALK it.  Then get back on when you pass them.  If you are incapable of that, ride the bicycle on the street.

People riding their bicycles on narrow streets with a lot of traffic and they feel privilegded to do so. Happens all the time around me. 

Driving in Georgia

Whew...where do I start.

Georgians DO NOT use their turn signals for any occasions no matter how useful they are, no matter how dangerous the move their car is about to make. They refuse to use them.

Georgians are so polite that they won't use their horns to signal when someone in front of them isn't moving when the light has turned green.

The roads are mixed with people who come from different parts of the country. You've got your north eastern drivers who are aggressive but smart behind the wheel, you've got the southern drivers who drive fast but dumb and then you've got everyone else with their own weird ways, all converging on our roadways causing crazy accidents all time. (But not so much now because of Covid-19).

People who leave their shopping cart in the parking lot...that's probably not a trivial one though, since the punishment should be death.

5 hours ago, fandandy said:

Anything perforated that doesn't tear correctly.  Especially toilet paper.  It drives me wild when I attempt to tear off two sheets of toilet paper and get 1 and 9/10, 2 and 1/8.  WTF??  Why even focking have perforations if they ain't gonna work?

In this same vein, I suddenly find myself unable to open any product packaging with a tear off seal. In an effort to save fractions of pennies, manufactures of items like pill bottles, peanut butter, margarine, sliced cheese, etc have reduced the pull tab or tear away area to such a microscopic size that only my wife's tiny hands can get a grip with which to complete the required tear. Obviously they've overlooked people with huge hands like myself.   🙄

1 minute ago, Anon said:

In this same vein, I suddenly find myself unable to open any product packaging with a tear off seal. In an effort to save fractions of pennies, manufactures of items like pill bottles, peanut butter, margarine, sliced cheese, etc have reduced the pull tab or tear away area to such a microscopic size that only my wife's tiny hands can get a grip with which to complete the required tear. Obviously they've overlooked people with huge hands like myself.   🙄

I have a pocketknife for that.

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

I have a pocketknife for that.

If it has come to that, they may as well eliminate the "helpful", tiny pull tab all together. Another sign we're going backwards, sigh.

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

And once you finally do get it off, you miss the trash can a minimum of two times because it static-clings to your fingers for dear life.  :wall:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

What?  I've always pictured you in a penthouse office with a 350 degree view. 

At least you don't have to brown bag it since you've got the Yeti. 

Yep. A lot better than calling my living room my office while claiming I had a six figure business that I run :dunno:

Why would the janitors closet have a window? 

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

People who leave their shopping cart in the parking lot...that's probably not a trivial one though, since the punishment should be death.

Ffs this irks me. I guarantee there’s guys here that do it. It’s lazy and shows that they have inherently bad attitudes/POS

Paper towel Split Sheets... Damn things are useless  - give me a full sheet. :mad:

Watching "Apollo 13" on Univision and the whole thing was in spanish, and I am thinking, "what Spanish speaking nation is going to have a space program".  Just couldn't buy into it.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Paper towel Split Sheets... Damn things are useless  - give me a full sheet. :mad:

I don’t give a sheet. 

• Haha 1

Co-workers who use the microwave and pull their food out with a few seconds left, but don't press clear...so when I get there and start entering numbers, nothing works because the microwave thinks it's still 'paused' from the last usage.  

Regular TV stations showing PG edited version of "Striptease".     So what's the point of watching that movie if you can't see Demi's magnificent cannons?    For the plot?    For Burt Reynolds acting in that movie?    I mean, really - why bother?    

On 8/5/2020 at 12:02 PM, lickin_starfish said:

When my fat biitch coworker chews her gum with her mouth open every afternoon.

Mine pops her gum. And I mean f****** loud! How can you not think thats OK?

On 8/5/2020 at 1:37 PM, peenie said:

Driving in Georgia

Whew...where do I start.

Georgians DO NOT use their turn signals for any occasions no matter how useful they are, no matter how dangerous the move their car is about to make. They refuse to use them.

Georgians are so polite that they won't use their horns to signal when someone in front of them isn't moving when the light has turned green.

The roads are mixed with people who come from different parts of the country. You've got your north eastern drivers who are aggressive but smart behind the wheel, you've got the southern drivers who drive fast but dumb and then you've got everyone else with their own weird ways, all converging on our roadways causing crazy accidents all time. (But not so much now because of Covid-19).

Hey, here's a thought. Could you dumb asses have one f****** street that isn't named Peachtree?