Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Anti Murphy Autonomous Zone

Brilliant! :banana:

F*** Off NJ.

The owners of Atilis gym in New Jersey reopened on Saturday by kicking down the wooden barricades authorities used to block their entrance amid coronavirus restrictions.

Co-owner Ian Smith posted a video of himself and his business partner, Frank Trumbetti, kicking the barriers and entering as a crowd cheers their decision. The dramatic display indicated that the months-long standoff between Gov. Phil Murphyand the gym owners wasn't finished

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-gym-owners-kick-barricades.amp

After getting schooled, you see at the 6 minute mark Cuomo is siding with these guys when he says: "I think you guys have a good case".  Yet, still tries to make a case that they shouldn't open by telling they could be fined and go to jail.  Gotta love it.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

After getting schooled, you see at the 6 minute mark Cuomo is siding with these guys when he says: "I think you guys have a good case".  Yet, still tries to make a case that they shouldn't open by telling they could be fined and go to jail.  Gotta love it.

Perfect example of how CNN rolls. They take a stand on things without knowing anything about them. 

Grocery stores are way more dangerous. Gym equip can be cleaned. Can't clean food items people touch and put back. I have a home gym but I would feel much safer in their gym than a grocery store. I actually won't even step in a grocer. Not because of the virus though. Waste of my time strolling around the store for an hour when I can get it delivered. Haven't been in one in over a year.  

Chris Cuomo went to Yale. He’s one of the smartest people on the earth, thank you very much. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Grocery stores are way more dangerous. Gym equip can be cleaned. Can't clean food items people touch and put back. I have a home gym but I would feel much safer in their gym than a grocery store. I actually won't even step in a grocer. Not because of the virus though. Waste of my time strolling around the store for an hour when I can get it delivered. Haven't been in one in over a year.  

This is SO true.  Virtually every gym in this country is cleaner and safer than grocery stores, Home Depot, Lowes, liquor stores, etc, yet gyms are the ones that are closed.  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This is SO true.  Virtually every gym in this country is cleaner and safer than grocery stores, Home Depot, Lowes, liquor stores, etc, yet gyms are the ones that are closed.  :rolleyes:

With all the safety measurements put into place because of COVID that's probably true now but I can't imagine that being true before all this.

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chris Cuomo went to Yale. He’s one of the smartest people on the earth, thank you very much. 

They all think they're Sonny, they would love to be Michael, but in the end, they are all Fredo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well...I don’t trust others at the gym. Free weights have more bacteria on them than most things. That being said, they have wipes to wipe the equipment down is the and that’s all you need to do. Same can’t be said for grocery stores or Walmart :dunno: 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

With all the safety measurements put into place because of COVID that's probably true now but I can't imagine that being true before all this.

Oh, it definitely is/was.  @FlyinHeadlock even mentions it.  "Grocery stores are way more dangerous. Gym equip can be cleaned. Can't clean food items people touch and put back."

All gyms have an on-staff cleaning service in some form or fashion.  Either people specifically hired or employees.  After ANY person uses equipment, if that person doesn't wipe down what they used, someone cleans it within an hour.  I'm willing to bet that NEVER in any store, when someone touches a product and puts it back on the shelf, that anyone EVER disinfects it.  Not within an hour, 5 hours, or 24 hours.  There are 15 gyms in my area that I've been too.  In everyone of them, people are cleaning equipment all day long.  I mean, think about it.  People are in there spitting, sweating, coughing, sneezing, etc, all day long in gyms... yet, people who go to gyms aren't sick more often than people who never go to gyms.  It's constantly a germ heaven.  Why don't tons of gym members get sick a lot?  It's because things are cleaned very quickly.  Also, the ventilation systems are tremendous.  Better than any store you've been in.

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Well...I don’t trust others at the gym. Free weights have more bacteria on them than most things. That being said, they have wipes to wipe the equipment down is the and that’s all you need to do. Same can’t be said for grocery stores or Walmart :dunno: 

Exactly.  If the person using the equipment doesn't clean what they used, someone will.  Be it the next person or a staff member.  Places I go have always had mandates on cleaning equipment.  They have cameras all over and monitor it.  If you use something, you have to wipe it down.  If you don't do it, and they bring it up to you, they can revoke your membership.  They're less strict on this when an on-staff cleaning service is there.  I mean, that is what they're paying these people for, after all.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, it definitely is/was.  @FlyinHeadlock even mentions it.  All gyms have an on-staff cleaning service in some form or fashion.  Either people specifically hired or employees.  After ANY person uses equipment, if that person doesn't wipe down what they used, someone cleans it within an hour.  I'm willing to bet that NEVER in any store, when someone touches a product and puts it back on the shelf, that anyone EVER disinfects it.  Not within an hour, 5 hours, or 24 hours.  There are 15 gyms in my area that I've been too.  In everyone of them, people are cleaning equipment all day long.  I mean, think about it.  People are in there spitting, sweating, coughing, sneezing, etc, all day long in gyms... yet, people who go to gyms aren't sick more often than people who never go to gyms.  It's constantly a germ heaven.  Why don't tons of gym members get sick a lot?  It's because things are cleaned very quickly.  Also, the ventilation systems are tremendous.  Better than any store you've been in.

I don't doubt that they keep everything very clean with everything going on now.  Looks like a lot of places spread equipment out more as well.

The items in the grocery are being shipped from all over the country. Something in there is going to have the virus on it. Gym equip is stationary and constantly cleaned...meh. And the virus is known to hit obese people a lot harder. Rarely does one see someone that big in a gym. Grocery is packed with POS fat people. 

If anything it should be the opposite. Gyms stay open. Grocery can stay open but no fat people. Weight and height like an amusement park ride to get in. If they can't get in tough sh1t. Delivery fatso and stay home.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't doubt that they keep everything very clean with everything going on now.  Looks like a lot of places spread equipment out more as well.

They've always been spread out.  They have to be.  When you're on a weight bench, general safety dictates that the next bench has to be a certain distance away.  Plus, people in general don't crowd others.  Even at a gyms busiest times, you'll probably find an unused bench in between used ones.

Another example... if you're sitting at a leg press machine and there's a leg curl machine next to you, I'm willing to bet that people using those machines are at least 6 to 10 feet apart.  Gyms are generally designed for distance in practice.  For example, the two machines I mentioned... leg press and curl.  The leg press, you're sitting down with your legs in front of you and you're facing a wall.. your legs are closer to the wall.  Next to you is a bench where you lay on your stomach and do leg curls.  Well, your head in this case is not only down, but closer to the wall than your legs.  So, not only are you physically about 6 to 10 feet apart from left to right, but your face could be 5 to 10 feet apart, front to back as well. 

• Like 1