Sign in to follow this  
robb

Defense By Committee-Rank the 2020 Offenses

Every year I update a program developed by Mike Sweeney to better determine the best Defense By Committee (DBC) combination of 2 defenses for those of you who use a committee approach to defenses. The first thing I need is to rank the 32 teams in terms of their overall Offensive potential. I do this for each team ranking each team on a scale of 10-1 with "10" being the strongest offensive unit and "1" being the worst offensive team. 

This is where I would request your help folks. If you send me your rankings from 10-1 (ideally alphabetically starting with Arizona, etc.) for each team's offensive prowess, I will use your responses to get a cumulative scoring. Keep in mind, you should do this on a "BELL CURVE" basis, i.e. only 1-2 teams get a 10 or a 1, 2-3 teams get a 9/8 or 2/3 with a majority of teams scored in the 7-6-5-4 range! Please send your responses to: robbaustin@gmail.com by August 13th and let me know if you would like a copy of the DTBC in return.

Stay safe out there everyone!

Or you can just pick up whoever is playing the Patriots. Chargers, Dolphins or Football Team that week...

On 8/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, AxeElf said:

Or you can just pick up whoever is playing the Patriots. Chargers, Dolphins or Football Team that week...

I’ll add the Bengals to that, at least for the first 8 games. The worst team doesn’t get better by throwing a rookie to the wolves with no preseason at all. I actually like the Chargers.

Could probably add the Jets, Bears, and Panthers to that list too.

It's hard to say. When streaming defenses the preseason projections about opponents is pretty much worthless after about Week 3 or 4

14 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's hard to say.

Yeah, well, the point isn't to rank the opposing offenses like the OP requested and figure out who is worst; my counter-point was that you could just pick up whatever D is playing some sad-sack team--whatever that team happens to be in Week 5 or Week 10 or whenever you need one.  This has the additional benefit of not having to carry 2 Ds on your roster.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, well, the point isn't to rank the opposing offenses like the OP requested and figure out who is worst; my counter-point was that you could just pick up whatever D is playing some sad-sack team--whatever that team happens to be in Week 5 or Week 10 or whenever you need one.  This has the additional benefit of not having to carry 2 Ds on your roster.

Yeah, that was the same point I was making

No takers yet, so I will just use different sites and their rankings of offenses to be able to use the program. JCrawfish used to swear by this tool!

On 8/8/2020 at 2:22 PM, robb said:

No takers yet, so I will just use different sites and their rankings of offenses to be able to use the program. JCrawfish used to swear by this tool!

I think that's a wise decision.