Sign in to follow this  
Torn

Add 1 keeper in 2021?

Add a sixth keeper in 2021?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Add a sixth keeper in 2021?

• YES
    • NO

Should we add a 6th keeper in 2021 due to the chaos of 2020 and an inability to really judge players with the shortened season and other issues?

I’d say no. 

im not against adding a 6th but we already had the 2020 draft. Knowing we might have an extra keeper for 2021 could easily have had ramifications on this past draft. Maybe and older guy gets passed on for a touted farm system player.... stuff like that. 

im not a fan..... but it looks like the voting is leaning to 6

I am going to cast the 7th vote to add a 6th keeper in 2021. I would have voted in this direction if my vote was needed.

We WILL add a 6th keeper for the 2021 season ONLY. I agree with WW that we may have drafted a bit differently had we known this. But... Considering existing keeper status was frozen, I just think it's a good idea to be able to consider holding onto an extra surprise player from this shortened season without having to surrender prior keepers. 

Again, this applies ONLY to next season. Also note:

1. Free agents pickups from this year cannot be kept UNLESS they were taken in this year's (2020) draft.

2. All 2019 keepers retain their service years as they stood coming into this season (i.e. +1 years will NOT be added to their status). These players have a K next to their name in the Yahoo league site. All other players drafted in 2019 are irrelevant heading into 2021. 

3. You can keep players drafted in 2020 (round 6+) as per normal league rules - i.e. they will cost a pick that is 3 rounds higher than where they were drafted.

4.  Any player taken in the first five rounds in the 2020 draft cannot be kept as per standard league rules. 

5. Up to 6 players can be kept heading into the 2021 draft. These can be any combination, up to or less than 6, of the frozen 2019 keepers AND 2020 draftees.

@Torn that is going to be tough coding in the keeper spreadsheet...  Might need to just make them manual entries in some places...