Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Could you be convinced to vote twice.

Person a comes to the voting polls and scans his ID. They give him a ballot and he votes. Turns out he has a scratch on his ID and ended up voting as someone else. The clerk calls him down and tells him to vote again...this time under his name..

Do you vote twice knowing that you are not supposed to or assume they will figure it out and not vote twice 

I vote under my own name. It's up to the clerk to fix the issue.

I just tell the nice tranny with the pink hair,, nose ring, and three day old beard who I want to vote for and he/she/it fills out the ballots for me and my two dogs.

Seriously though. The first time I voted, when I took out my ID, I was flabbergasted that the worker there, who didn't know me, didn't bother to look at it.Just marked me off on a list. To my bones, that is just so wrong.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My theoretical vote is in tennesse, which Trump will win by double digits. It doesn't matter if I vote once, twice, or a dozen times.

Congress

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Congress

Rs will win. They always win in tennesse. They don't even run a real Democrat most years. Just find some professor to put on the ballot.

My district is one of the redder ones too. It's gerrymandered quite well. Memphis and Nashville are blue. The rest is red.

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My theoretical vote is in tennesse, which Trump will win by double digits. It doesn't matter if I vote once, twice, or a dozen times.

Wrong. Now it matters since the idiot lib states are giving their electoral votes to the pop vote winner. 

9 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I vote under my own name. It's up to the clerk to fix the issue.

I am of the other opinion. I'm never voting twice. 

Why? Because it's illegal. That's why. 

If the clerk called me down and said kill the next person that comes through the door I am not doing that. Why? Because it's illegal/wrong and I know it. 

Same thing. Everyone in the world knows you only get one vote. You pulled the lever. You voted. 

Voters are sheep. Your vote doesn't matter, it never has.

My vote should count twice or there are some that should only have their vote count half. I would be fine with either route.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Voters are sheep. Your vote doesn't matter, it never has.

This is the kind of brilliance I come here for. 

7 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am of the other opinion. I'm never voting twice. 

Why? Because it's illegal. That's why. 

If the clerk called me down and said kill the next person that comes through the door I am not doing that. Why? Because it's illegal/wrong and I know it. 

Same thing. Everyone in the world knows you only get one vote. You pulled the lever. You voted. 

It's also illegal to vote under someone else's name.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's also illegal to vote under someone else's name.

Yes. Yes it is. I didn't even think of that. 

Also if a scratch on the barcode of an id causes a glitch like this in a local election that had 300 people that would seem like a real problem when. It comes to a general election.  Or am I blowing this out of proportion?

10 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Person a comes to the voting polls and scans his ID. They give him a ballot and he votes. Turns out he has a scratch on his ID and ended up voting as someone else. The clerk calls him down and tells him to vote again...this time under his name..

Do you vote twice knowing that you are not supposed to or assume they will figure it out and not vote twice 

I will vote twice, because the people there SHOULD remove my previous vote.  That vote shouldn't count because that person wasn't the one who voted.

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Also if a scratch on the barcode of an id causes a glitch like this in a local election that had 300 people that would seem like a real problem when. It comes to a general election.  Or am I blowing this out of proportion?

If there's a scratch it should error not read like someone else. I just assumed your example was something to jump the thread off. 

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If there's a scratch it should error not read like someone else. I just assumed your example was something to jump the thread off. 

No this is a real life example that happened a few days ago in the real world. 

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

No this is a real life example that happened a few days ago in the real world. 

That's on the poll person. They are supposed to scan and then verify using the ID. If an error occurred I would want my actual ballot attached to my name. I cannot fix it and leave that to the election official. The only thing I can make sure of is I vote using my name.