Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Jerick McKinnon

I remember drafting him in like the 4th round the year he got traded to SF, I was so pumped. Didnt play 1 game. Anyways, reports are saying he looks explosive now. Maybe he turns out to be the RB to own in SF

It would be interesting to see what he could do, if he could step onto a football field without tripping over the sideline and tearing a knee ligament.  Going into last year, one of my favorite fun facts was that Jerick McKinnon was the 7th-highest paid RB in the NFL (though that is no longer true).

He's 0-fer-2 since signing with SF; I think I'll look elsewhere.

In non ppr he’ll need to show a lot , his last two seasons he was with the Vikings, he rushed the ball 310 times, for a 3.6 rush avg, that’s seems pretty pedestrian, I love that term now.  

I maintain the same opinion I had when he signed with the 9ers. I didn't see him as anything more than a 1B back. McKinnon also lost out on a lot of third down opportunities, a situation he should feast in, to Matt focking Asiata, because he couldn't pass block.

I could see throwing spending a late, late pick on him in the hopes of being a bye week/injury fill in, but I don't see him being the guy.

I still see sf rbs and wrs as interchangeable.  Shanny will play the hot hand, and put in personnel situationally.  Whoever is in should do well, but this is going to change week to week (or attributed to injury). It is going to be another 3 headed monster (plus wilson who is very good in the passing game).

I think Mosert is under ranked in most of the rankings I've seen.

McKinnon will battle Tevin Coleman for third down back.

He's not on my list at all. I've heard about him since he was in Minnesota and supposed to take over for Adrian Peterson.

It's never happened. He's been a spot starter at best and that was like 3 years ago.

If one of my teams takes a big hit at RB and he's available, I may pick him up. Other than that, no thanks.

5 hours ago, Smileseers said:

I think Mosert is under ranked in most of the rankings I've seen.

McKinnon will battle Tevin Coleman for third down back.

I’m hoping it stays that way.  

He played quarterback, running back and wide receiver. He was an Atlanta Journal-Constitution first-team all-state pick at quarterback. He was also tabbed first-team all-state by the Georgia Sports Writers Association as an athlete and named Region VII AAAA Player of the Year.

6 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

He played quarterback, running back and wide receiver. He was an Atlanta Journal-Constitution first-team all-state pick at quarterback. He was also tabbed first-team all-state by the Georgia Sports Writers Association as an athlete and named Region VII AAAA Player of the Year.

And how does this news help him this season in the nfl? 

I was just sharing information that he can throw a football pretty well and catch too. Not sure how many times he has tried to throw in NFL or line up as QB though.

Until proven otherwise, part time back with gadget play potential. As a 9ers fan hope it happens. Will see. Backfield looks like a slightly jazzier version of the Patriot 3 headed backfield.

On 8/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, DrG said:

Until proven otherwise, part time back with gadget play potential. As a 9ers fan hope it happens. Will see. Backfield looks like a slightly jazzier version of the Patriot 3 headed backfield.

Yes, agree. Shannahan could turn out to be Bill Belichick JR. If he produces he might get more opportunities, but he's gotta stay healthy this year or it'll be adios. 

In Bold Predictions thread I had McKinnon throwing a touchdown pass to QB Jimmy G this year in the SB against the Chiefs. A repeat of last years SB but with a different outcome. The 9ers win it.